Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Gulfstream 100 D-CRIS approaching the south coast. Tyrol air ambulance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,779 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Wonder what causes this sort of trail? Most likely an FR24 issue? Hardly a wobbly flightpath, hopefully?

10353555_10203863268914400_5122019620247422360_n.jpg?oh=0faf1dfddf7926af7b795358cd1f415c&oe=5506B905

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Never seen that before myself, very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Looks grand on the mobile app.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,652 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There would be poor to no FR24 ADB-S coverage there so it'll be FAA data either entirely or interspersed so I'd just assume its bad data.

• Advertisement

Always nice to see a Herc on flight radar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,779 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Wonder what causes this sort of trail? Most likely an FR24 issue? Hardly a wobbly flightpath, hopefully?

I just refreshed the page and it's back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

tippman1 wrote: »

Could ya imagine the flight if it wasn't a website issue...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,289 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Could ya imagine the flight if it wasn't a website issue...

Maybe he was shaking the computer screen ?

An-124 off the west coast

• Advertisement

I've been watching the webcams at Gdansk airport in Poland today http://www.airport.gdansk.pl/airport/kamery-internetowe and well...there's nothing to see really. Fog has prevented anything landing all day, and still not happening - diverted Ryanair's, Wizz Airs, Scandinavians, and Lufthansas.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ShanE90

F260 F263 and F267 heading over kilkenny now distinct sound, Air corps AC

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdamB

ShanE90 wrote: »
    F260 F263 and F267 heading over kilkenny now distinct sound, Air corps AC

I just heard all 3 pass over Cahir just now, training? Or what?

AdamB wrote: »

Yeah training, that is all they are used for. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

AdamB wrote: »

They are the main pilot training aircraft for the Air Corps.

So says military.ie

http://www.military.ie/air-corps/fleet/pilatus-pc-9m/

http://www.flightradar24.com/4f74f09

AN12 South of Ireland heading up the west coast, possibly over Dublin into PIK.

Meridian UR-CAJ @ FL260

Anyone in the Arklow/ Wicklow area should hear a noisy AN-12 pass over in the next 20 minutes en route to Prestwick. reg is UR-CAJ

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭windowspotter

Passing over me there now, just outside Wicklow town. Recognised the sound before referring to FR 😄

http://www.flightradar24.com/EATME/4f82d7b

Another funny callsign to add to the list. :)

This Kalitta air 747 -200 currently crossing the country is 32 year's old first flying with China airlines back in 1982. Great to see it still in service!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Chuck Aaron

Do the Air Corp rotary division show up on FR24?

Presume everybody knows the SAR Heli's are available to track on Marine Traffic vis AIS.

Thanks.

Do the Air Corp rotary division show up on FR24?

Presume everybody knows the SAR Heli's are available to track on Marine Traffic vis AIS.

Thanks.

The odd time they do, depending on what altitude they are at for MLAT to process them.

Often you would see them above the Curragh above 8000ft.

b757 wrote: »
    The odd time they do, depending on what altitude they are at for MLAT to process them.

Often you would see them above the Curragh above 8000ft.

Surely it's not the Altitude but the tech on board whether FR24 shows them or not.

If anyone spots one on FR24 a screen shot would be appreciated.

WestAir based in Shannon I spot a fair bit, regular AW139 traffic come in from across the water, the East not the west I should point out ;-)

Actually I should just set Alerts for the Reg numbers of the Air Corp, keep the thread posted if there's any joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

If it has ADS-B transponder then it will show. The Westair chopper EI-LIM has this so is visible all the time.

If it does not have ADS-B, then FR24 works out the position of the aircraft with MLAT- generally these aircraft only show up above 7/8000 feet.

http://www.flightradar24.com/how-it-works

Surely it's not the Altitude but the tech on board whether FR24 shows them or not.

If anyone spots one on FR24 a screen shot would be appreciated.

WestAir based in Shannon I spot a fair bit, regular AW139 traffic come in from across the water, the East not the west I should point out ;-)

Actually I should just set Alerts for the Reg numbers of the Air Corp, keep the thread posted if there's any joy.

It is the generally altitude considering they don't have the required ADS-B transponder to allow FR24 to pick them up automatically. They need about 3/4 receivers to be able to plot their position; which in most cases due to the fact that Ireland has so little feeders to the FR24 network is dependent on altitude.

http://www.flightradar24.com/how-it-works

--

The AW139 would be EI-LIM, JP McManus' heli :)

--

No need really for the alerts, only if you want though. The Aer Corps machines bar the Casa's and C172's normally show up multiple times on a daily basis.

If it has ADS-B transponder then it will show. The Westair chopper EI-LIM has this so is visible all the time.

If it does not have ADS-B, then FR24 works out the position of the aircraft with MLAT- generally these aircraft only show up above 7/8000 feet.

Thanks HDB bro.

For the link to How It works link, too
    It is the generally altitude considering they don't have the required ADS-B transponder to allow FR24 to pick them up automatically. They need about 3/4 receivers to be able to plot their position; which in most cases due to the fact that Ireland has so little feeders to the FR24 network is dependent on altitude.

--

The AW139 would be EI-LIM, JP McManus' heli

--

No need really for the alerts, only if you want though. The Aer Corps machines bar the Casa's and C172's normally show up multiple times on a daily basis.

Jeez Louise ghoys, I feel like "one of the girls" now what with you two taking one under your wing with the H.I.W's links, Ta.

When You say The AW139 Jp's etc, the WestAir aircraft you're talking about I assume.

On a side note. I've been thinking about buying and setting up a receiver.

Pro's:
    I'd like to.
    Guts of about €450 plus the bitts of Jiggery Pokery to get 'round the misses.
    Club with other receivers.

Con's: Cost - if there was a few quid or discount to help the overall site i'd be on it like hot cakes.
    The neighbours, is it going to interfere with some sh*te X-factor (apologies I'm not a fan) reception etc.

Anyone joined the "Receivers' Club" ?

Carnacalla's post here may be of interest - Ryanair are leasing an A320 for next summer

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93327318&postcount=197

Thanks HDB bro.

For the link to How It works link, too

Jeez Louise ghoys, I feel like "one of the girls" now what with you two taking one under your wing with the H.I.W's links, Ta.

When You say The AW139 Jp's etc, the WestAir aircraft you're talking about I assume.

On a side note. I've been thinking about buying and setting up a receiver.

Pro's:
    I'd like to.
    Guts of about €450 €50 plus the bitts of Jiggery Pokery to get 'round the misses.
    Club with other receivers.

Con's: Cost - if there was a few quid or discount to help the overall site i'd be on it like hot cakes.
    The neighbours, is it going to interfere with some sh*te X-factor (apologies I'm not a fan) reception etc.

Anyone joined the "Receivers' Club" ?

No need to spend €450 :) Get a RTL 1090 Dongle, a decent antenna, a bit of free software and fire away. Cost me the bones of about 50 quid.

Yeah Westair/JP's AW139.
    fr336 wrote: »
    Carnacalla's post here may be of interest - Ryanair are leasing an A320 for next summer

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93327318&postcount=197

As they done last summer. :P

As they done last summer. :P

First I heard of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

fr336 wrote: »
    First I heard of it?

Leased from Livingston, remained in their livery without a hint of Ryanair markings & was based out of BGY

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement