Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdamB

An Antonov An-124 Rusland flew over Ireland early this morning, very noisy machine. Is this Russian military craft or does it have commercial usage also?

AdamB wrote: »
    An Antonov An-124 Rusland flew over Ireland early this morning, very noisy machine. Is this Russian military craft or does it have commercial usage also?

Both but mostly commercial these days.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A380 Squawking 7700 diverting.

QF2 from Dubai to Sydney http://fr24.com/QFA2/4fb9a4e

• Registered Users Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

KoolKid wrote: »
    A380 Squawking 7700 diverting.

QF2 from Dubai to Sydney http://fr24.com/QFA2/4fb9a4e

Hopefully half the engine didn't go through the wing again :/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Squawk has changed, but he's still still just above FL90

• Advertisement

Still the same FL and speed down to 275 .
    He's not in a hurry . It could be loss of pressure??

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭windowspotter

Just advised Perth control that he would need to hold to do some checks before making his approach

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ShanE90

QFA2 descending for Perth now @3000ft

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

very unusual to see planes this small show up right until landing, on FR24.

came a very long way also, all the way from Southend! never knew they had such a long distance capability.

331001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

very unusual to see planes this small show up right until landing, on FR24.

came a very long way also, all the way from Southend! never knew they had such a long distance capability.

IMG*]

Flightradar24 is showing the wrong aircraft :) It is actually a brand new Cirrus SR22, quite the machine.

• Advertisement

JPs chopper just flying around South Dublin, in the Ballybrack/Shankhill area. not sure what he would be doing there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Lufty A321 go around at DUB.

http://www.flightradar24.com/DLH978/4fdc313

b757 wrote: »

would that route (swing left over the City and then over Ballsbridge), be a standard route for go arounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

b757 wrote: »

Any idea why he did an extra lap?

JPs chopper just flying around South Dublin, in the Ballybrack/Shankhill area. not sure what he would be doing there!

must have been a refuel somewhere in south dublin, as its now currently over the midlands in the UK...assume its empty apart from pilot and setting itself up for positioning at some airport to shuttle him too and from a race cource when he arrives, perhaps by his private jet.

cant see him being in the chopper itself for this trip, as it doesnt make alot of sense to be in it that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,779 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Fastest speed (jetstream assisted) I've seen since I started using FR24 a few years back.
    Anyone know if there's a max recorded over the N.Atlantic?

10418925_10203892175877056_6142103345476466301_n.jpg?oh=6a831369386cc3f43506cd26dd867f45&oe=550BA54E

tippman1 wrote: »
    Fastest speed (jetstream assisted) I've seen since I started using FR24 a few years back.
    Anyone know if there's a max recorded over the N.Atlantic?

10418925_10203892175877056_6142103345476466301_n.jpg?oh=6a831369386cc3f43506cd26dd867f45&oe=550BA54E

Is the SR71 blackbird allowed?

http://www.groundspeedrecords.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,779 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Is the SR71 blackbird allowed?

http://www.groundspeedrecords.com

Thanks GVHOT, impressive speeds there alright! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

must have been a refuel somewhere in south dublin, as its now currently over the midlands in the UK...assume its empty apart from pilot and setting itself up for positioning at some airport to shuttle him too and from a race cource when he arrives, perhaps by his private jet.

cant see him being in the chopper itself for this trip, as it doesnt make alot of sense to be in it that long.
    You could be right, there is a small hangar and helipad/landing slab in cherrywood right beside ballybrack.
    He could also have been checking out all that land around that area that recently got rezoned, not sure if that's his forte.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Good old JP eh, living like a God on earth. I look up to him, I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

fr336 wrote: »
    Good old JP eh, living like a God on earth. I look up to him, I do.

What exactly is your problem with JP? I presume you've the same attitude towards everyone who has a bit of money?

EICVD wrote: »
    What exactly is your problem with JP? I presume you've the same attitude towards everyone who has a bit of money?

'A bit of money' is that what you call it :D What they do with it is what would interest me. I certainly don't idolise such people like some. Whether he cares about a random on the internet as you seem to I very much doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

fr336 wrote: »
    'A bit of money' is that what you call it :D What they do with it is what would interest me. I certainly don't idolise such people like some. Whether he cares about a random on the internet as you seem to I very much doubt.

Every time EI-LIM or JSK is mentioned here you go on about him, want some salt & vinegar for that chip? Why does how he spends his money bother you? What is it? Jealousy? Envy? Who here 'idolises' him anyway? Can't say I've seen any posts on here that suggests what you imply.

EICVD wrote: »
    Every time EI-LIM or JSK is mentioned here you go on about him, want some salt & vinegar for that chip? Why does how he spends his money bother you? What is it? Jealousy? Envy? Who here 'idolises' him anyway? Can't say I've seen any posts on here that suggests what you imply.

Every time? Think you better take another look. Chill. Life is good...I'm in my mansion in the sun, about to jet off in my private jet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

RYR 100T EMA-PIK seems to have turned back immediately and has done what looks like one go around: http://fr24.com/RYR100T/4ffe714

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭eastmayo

peter1892 wrote: »
    RYR 100T EMA-PIK seems to have turned back immediately and has done what looks like one go around: http://fr24.com/RYR100T/4ffe714

Gone around again,I wonder is it training

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

A second and third go around by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

A T at the end of a flight number especially a 100 callsign usually indicates a training flight. Expect them to do at least 6 take offs and landing each per trainee.

An M usually indicates maintenance.
    A P would indicate positioning empty from one airport to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Growler!!! wrote: »
    A T at the end of a flight number especially a 100 callsign usually indicates a training flight. Expect them to do at least 6 take offs and landing each per trainee.

An M usually indicates maintenance.
    A P would indicate positioning empty from one airport to another.

Circuit training should have been obvious to me after a few laps! :o

Thanks for that info about the lettering on the end of the callsigns, never knew about that before.

• Advertisement

Circuit training should have been obvious to me after a few laps! :o

Thanks for that info about the lettering on the end of the callsigns, never knew about that before.

Not always an indication but usually accurate, P used to positioning, V for VIP and T for training but when alphanumeric callsigns came in the meaning was lost a little.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement