Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

There's a Bristol one en route MAN now as well, from somewhere in the Middle East by the loks of it...

EDIT - Make that EMA

Wow yes - looks like it's landing in BIRM to me

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

There's a Bristol one en route MAN now as well, from somewhere in the Middle East by the loks of it...

EDIT - Make that EMA

Edit again... circling BHX... lottery time...

Wind 21 kt in LPL

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

Latest update is FR119 is staying put in Liverpool! Passengers being sent to hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Meanwhile EI from Madrid [the first I heard to ask for a diversion] is about to land in Birmingham. . .Long flight for them as they were in a hold off the coast of Wicklow for a while.

Was on this flight. Very bumpy on the first approach. Second approach appeared to be only slightly more turbulent than usual, but was aborted much earlier. Pilot told us after we landed at Birmingham that Dublin had basically closed, but from seeing here that doesn't seem to be the case. Talk of us being flown back at midday tomorrow

• Advertisement

Pedro32561 wrote: »
    Latest update is FR119 is staying put in Liverpool! Passengers being sent to hotel.

Any reason? I've stayed up half an hour for this..have a good mind to send the bill to FR

Probably one of the DUB to SNN diversions now on its way back out http://www.flightradar24.com/RYR908

And now a RYR diversion coming back from Prestwick! http://www.flightradar24.com/RYR943

ETA: I do wonder if either of these has passengers on board..funny timing after the LPL one fell through

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭MRG77

RYR908 took off from Shannon a short while ago, looks like he´s heading to DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

MRG77 wrote: »
    RYR908 took off from Shannon a short while ago, looks like he´s heading to DUB.

He's showing 38,000ft, dont think its DUB
    More than likely Stanners id say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Conditions don't seem to be any better here in Dublin. I hope FR908 isn't waisting his time

EDIT: Didn't see he was at altitude...but I know see FR943 has left PIK

billie1b wrote: »

I´m just after realising that, my mistake. Where could he be heading to at this time of night??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

billie1b wrote: »
    More than likely Stanners id say

41,000feet now :S

shamwari wrote: »
    Conditions don't seem to be any better here in Dublin. I hope FR908 isn't waisting his time

Think he's UK bound as billie said. Think one of the diversions to SNN was from Stansted right?

RYR943 on the other hand appears to be on his way back from Scotland to IE and think I just heard him liasing with DUB on atc..whether he touches down there or just goes anywhere that is in the same country we'll soon find out :cool:

Think RYR943 is all set for RWY16 at DUB

So much action tonight. And in about 2 hours or so we have the first trans-atlantics coming in. No sleep tonight!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

So much action tonight. And in about 2 hours or so we have the first trans-atlantics coming in. No sleep tonight!!!!

your telling me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Well my fun just ended, the baby just woke, shes not too well, ill gibe mammy a rest and bring her to the living room

DUB wind max 46, min 19

"Best we can do" controller tells RYR :p

Time to crack open another beer, the night is not over yet!!!

• Advertisement

fr336 wrote: »
    Think RYR943 is all set for RWY16 at DUB

Looks like that´s what he´s going for.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Probably one of the DUB to SNN diversions now on its way back out http://www.flightradar24.com/RYR908

Gone to Biringham as awell..? :confused:

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

probably going to back to it's base for the morning flight

it goes without saying that the transatlantics could be in a fair amount of difficulty if this wind persists. RWY16 lack of length compared to 28 may mean a few go arounds and diverts. Where they divert to is a different matter entirely.

Still too high I think; billie1b said probably Stansted and it looks a good bet as one of the diversions originated there I believe

Looks like he´s going a bit further.

shamwari wrote: »
    it goes without saying that the transatlantics could be in a fair amount of difficulty if this wind persists. RWY16 lack of length compared to 28 may mean a few go arounds and diverts. Where they divert to is a different matter entirely.

Can SNN handle all the same aircraft type as DUB? And if so, would some of the heavies have many passengers making onwards journies who might prefer somewhere like Manchester, Gatwick or Heathrow if they can't have DUB?

Wind still too much at DUB for RYR908; they're entering a hold.

Can SNN handle all the same aircraft type as DUB? And if so, would some of the heavies have many passengers making onwards journies who might prefer somewhere like Manchester, Gatwick or Heathrow if they can't have DUB?

All the airports you mention can handle the birds that Dublin can. However if there is disruption all over the place then these airports may not be able to handle these flights

• Advertisement

RYR943 is going to the approach!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement