Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Carnacalla wrote: »
    A321 being used on EI715 LHR-ORK. Must be high loads on the route.

Extra seats for crimbo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Based in ORK till the 26th of Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Are all Irish airports closed Christmas day, even for maintenance etc? I believe DUB can be opened quickly with skeleton ATC staff for emergency landings?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

fr336 wrote: »
    Are all Irish airports closed Christmas day, even for maintenance etc? I believe DUB can be opened quickly with skeleton ATC staff for emergency landings?

Effectively closed would be the correct term. There will be no scheduled flights. However there will be staff available should an emergency occur in the main 3 and no doubt if needed for SAR work in Sligo and Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

SNN is fully open xmas day but with reduced staff numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Retro aer lingus a320 flying into dublin now

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Retro aer lingus a320 flying into dublin now

Nothing exceptionally unusual about that. She can often be seen in DUB

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Nothing exceptionally unusual about that. She can often be seen in DUB

It was their first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

For any 727 fans VP-BAP transited thru Shannon in the early hours this morning (tuesday).

Playback from about 0410.

It was their first post.

IMHO we should shoot down all first time posters. To discourage them from posting nearly 5000 posts in a year:D

Happy anniversary fr336:P

Mods: we need a tongue in cheek emoticon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Growler!!! wrote: »

I find :pac::pac::pac: usually does the job.:pac:

IMHO we should shoot down all first time posters. To discourage them from posting nearly 5000 posts in a year:D

Happy anniversary fr336:P

Hope you feel good in yourself. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

It was their first post.

And??????....

First posters are not exempt from my abuse.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

You gotta start somewhere in boards...why not let it be the mighty fr24 thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,065 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Effectively closed would be the correct term. There will be no scheduled flights. However there will be staff available should an emergency occur in the main 3 and no doubt if needed for SAR work in Sligo and Waterford.

I'd imagine Rescue 117 and 118 could use Shannon directly rather then drag an ATC away from their turkey. Treat it like they were taking off from the scene of an accident or a hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,443 ✭✭✭irishgeo

flazio wrote: »
    I'd imagine Rescue 117 and 118 could use Shannon directly rather then drag an ATC away from their turkey. Treat it like they were taking off from the scene of an accident or a hospital.

Should be interesing to pop on flight radar tomorrow and have a look at how empty the skies are.

flazio wrote: »

Ha ha sure Matty would love nothing better, he practically lives there. The lovely AFIS in Sligo who used to take our toasted sandwich order over the radio, I don't know about:pac::pac::pac:

irishgeo wrote: »
    Should be interesing to pop on flight radar tomorrow and have a look at how empty the skies are.

You'd be surprised, the airports are closed so revert to Class G (uncontrolled) so expect to see a lot of GA stuff from MLAT feeds.
    The upper airspace is still open and controlled, the rest of the world carries on as normal.

This guy won't show up on the normal feeds so here's a link for any kids interested:D:

http://www.noradsanta.org

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Are these all Santa flights?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

g0g wrote: »
    Are these all Santa flights?

Indeed. Going to one of Ivalo/Kitilla/Rovaniemi airport. Would love to visit that part of the world though a balmy -24 there at the moment :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭kub

Reoil wrote: »
    Actually, no. There is also a West coast...

A very small one which is mostly referred to as the South West Coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,175 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Merry Xmas
    Capturecfbgsd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,175 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

BA Gatwick to Glasgow already has had a go-around and 3 times holding due to weather

image.jpg

Do FR usually stop operating this early on Christmas eve?

Do FR usually stop operating this early on Christmas eve?

Yes usually tails off long before Aer Lingus and restarts later than Aer Lingus on the 26-27th

Yes usually tails off long before Aer Lingus and restarts later than Aer Lingus on the 26-27th

Thanks GVHOT, season's greetings.

British Airways has 267 scheduled flights on Christmas Day, on which 37,000 turkey dinners will be served.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Wicklowleaid

Fedex MD-11 en route stansted currently approaching west coast. Are there many MD-11s in commercial service still me wonders?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Wicklowleaid

Thanks GVHOT, season's greetings.

Its a very strange sight on flightradar24 to see the skies pretty much completely clear of FR flights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Fedex MD-11 en route stansted currently approaching west coast. Are there many MD-11s in commercial service still me wonders?

Here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_MD-11#Operators

They are spotted in Irish airspace form time to time (I've seen Martinair flights overhead a few times in the last year or so).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement