Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Yes I heard one of the familiar voices listening to Shannon Higher :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭kub

fr336 wrote: »
    Yes I heard one of the familiar voices listening to Shannon Higher :)

Surely ATC staff have to be at work today anyway for emergency flights etc.

kub wrote: »
    Surely ATC staff have to be at work today anyway for emergency flights etc.

Yes there are flights over Ireland so Shanwick is open. Shannon airport is also open. Dublin and Cork I believe can be on standby for emergencies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

All eyes on knock, slippy runway, wind to strong for runway 27 so it's a VOR onto 09 in poor vis and to add to things the air lingus is picking up moderate icing in the hold

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭youknowwho

All eyes on knock, slippy runway, wind to strong for runway 27 so it's a VOR onto 09 in poor vis and to add to things the air lingus is picking up moderate icing in the hold

A lot of aircraft seem to be holding for a short period approaching Dublin - didn't think it was that windy

Yes there are flights over Ireland so Shanwick is open. Shannon airport is also open. Dublin and Cork I believe can be on standby for emergencies.

ATC staff are on standby in Dublin for the Coastguard heli only.

They leave some lights on so an aircraft can divert and land if required. The AFS have full cover for this but the airport is uncontrolled as it's technically closed.

Can someone put up the NOTAM that says the Dublin Control zone was uncontrolled airspace yesterday as I was told SHANNON were transferred the control of airspace from SFC to FL245 for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Can someone put up the NOTAM that says the Dublin Control zone was uncontrolled airspace yesterday as I was told SHANNON were transferred the control of airspace from SFC to FL245 for the day.

On Christmas Eve at 2355, just after an Aer Lingus A330 arrived from Orlando, Dublin ATC told the Garda helicopter that Shannon was now responsible for Dublin's airspace. On Christmas Day aircraft flying within the control zone and making approaches to Dublin broadcast their position and intentions on Dublin Tower 118.6.

I think this guy may be heading back to DUB or holding due to weather situation in north of England http://www.flightradar24.com/RYR156/5220ccf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I think this guy may be heading back to DUB or holding due to weather situation in north of England http://www.flightradar24.com/RYR156/5220ccf

It seems to be holding.

Edit: Heading towards Leeds now.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    It seems to be holding.

Edit: Heading towards Leeds now.

Diverting to Newcastle.

Diverting to Newcastle.

I just noticed:P Newcastle is a fair bit up from Leeds though....

I just noticed:P Newcastle is a fair bit up from Leeds though....

Was listening to atc earlier and a Ryanair onto company channel saying Manchester weren't accepting any diversions, and Liverpool was shut, so Newcastle the next on their list I guess

Was listening to atc earlier and a Ryanair onto company channel saying Manchester weren't accepting any diversions, and Liverpool was shut, so Newcastle the next on their list I guess

Intresting.
    There is also Doncaster, is that closed?

Intresting.
    There is also Doncaster, is that closed?

Not sure but an airline would go for whichever was easiest for their handling too, FR fly into Newcastle already not sure about Doncaster?

Not sure but an airline would go for whichever was easiest for their handling too, FR fly into Newcastle already not sure about Doncaster?

Ah ya, that makes sense ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

EchoIndia wrote: »
    On Christmas Day aircraft flying within the control zone and making approaches to Dublin broadcast their position and intentions on Dublin Tower 118.6.

Since when?
    Tower freq is not open on Christmas day and this is not necessary in Class G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Since when?
    Tower freq is not open on Christmas day and this is not necessary in Class G.

Tower doesn't have to be open for the frequency to be used. Good airmanship would be to call your position blind should anyone else be using the frequency. Similar to the Arann Islands freq.

Was there a notam to use this freq?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Chuck Aaron

Growler!!! wrote: »
    Tower doesn't have to be open for the frequency to be used. Good airmanship would be to call your position blind should anyone else be using the frequency. Similar to the Arann Islands freq.

ATPL's typical.

• Advertisement

Whats up with the SNN-ACE flight on the 3rd of January? It departs at 16:30, and does not arrive back until 1:20.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

Aero Commander out of Sligo....

http://www.flightradar24.com/522bc0e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Whats up with the SNN-ACE flight on the 3rd of January? It departs at 16:30, and does not arrive back until 1:20.

What do you mean what's up with it?

It's 4 hours there,4 hours back and probably an hour on the ground at ace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Professionals, typical.

Fixed that for ya!!

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    What do you mean what's up with it?

It's 4 hours there,4 hours back and probably an hour on the ground at ace.

It generally leaves at 1:05 and arrives back at 22:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

It generally leaves at 1:05 and arrives back at 22:00.

Who knows why- different slot times at ACE that day perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

Growler!!! wrote: »

2 notams were issued.

1 closing Dublin airport.
    The other saying that Dublin controlled airspace remained but to use Shannon frequencies.

124.7 & 127.5.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

AF1862 from Marseille to Venice http://fr24.com/AFR1862/524c338

Looks like it's turning back.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Down safely at MRS

• Advertisement

AirAsia flight carrying 162 people missing in bad weather over Java Sea http://jrnl.ie/1854109

Very Sad event again, Asia is having it very bad. I see FR is quoted in thew article.
    RIP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement