Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Looks like it's about to tip over :eek:

I wonder did the pilots transfer fuel to the left side of the wings and left the right wings empty prior to landing? That would surely help with the balance wouldn't it?

Yeah but then they would be very unbalanced in the air. Probably not a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Looks like it's about to tip over :eek:

I wonder did the pilots transfer fuel to the left side of the wings and left the right wings empty prior to landing? That would surely help with the balance wouldn't it?

Very little if any aileron seems to be used so I'd say there was a balanced amount of fuel in each wing.

I've flown a twin with full inner tanks and only one full outer tank and there was a good bit of aileron used to keep it level:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

ezy15eb 7700 SQUAWK

South England

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Mech1 wrote: »
    ezy15eb 7700 SQUAWK

South England

Judging by altitude it's diverting http://www.flightradar24.com/EZY15EB/52794fe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

3000 fpm rate of descent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Mech1 wrote: »
    ezy15eb 7700 SQUAWK

South England

And descending too. Looks like it will be landing well before MAN too...

Has to be LGW

fr336 wrote: »
    Has to be LGW

Or Southend!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Or Southend!

My money is on LTN

• Registered Users Posts: 17,175 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

My money is on Stansted

• Advertisement

billie1b wrote: »
    My money is on LTN

It's at 7,000 ft now - surely Southend?

I worry when someone diverts to STN.

It's at 7,000 ft now - surely Southend?

Nah LTN or Stanners

Nah LTN or Stanners

Yep Stanners it seems to be!

Yep Stanners it seems to be!

Not looking good so

Not looking good so

How come? If it was a medical wouldn't it have diverted earlier, or did it need to reduce height in any case so might as well STN? But is STN that easy for hospitals etc as other closer airports? If a minor technical thing why not LTN? Sorry, I'm competing with Kay Burley here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Easyjet have it taking off again in 30 minutes so must be medical.

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Easyjet have it taking off again in 30 minutes so must be medical.

Phew

Phew

Thinking of saying hello to jack !

Thinking of saying hello to jack !

:confused::D

• Advertisement

How come? If it was a medical wouldn't it have diverted earlier, or did it need to reduce height in any case so might as well STN? But is STN that easy for hospitals etc as other closer airports? If a minor technical thing why not LTN? Sorry, I'm competing with Kay Burley here.

STNers is usually major medical or 'terrorist' related for emergencies, most likely medical for this one

STNers is usually major medical or 'terrorist' related for emergencies, most likely medical for this one

Interesting, why so for medicals? Easy / less busy access to air ambulances etc?

Having access to UK atc would be so interesting :( I say the general election in May should be fought for on this basis :p

Having access to UK atc would be so interesting :( I say the general election in May should be fought for on this basis :p

I would vote for that :D

Interesting, why so for medicals? Easy / less busy access to air ambulances etc?

There's a hospital just 5 minutes away beside Stortford and another only a few minutes more in Harlow with no traffic congestion

There's a hospital just 5 minutes away beside Stortford and another only a few minutes more in Harlow with no traffic congestion

Well silly me :p

Well silly me :p

Not silly, thats just what we were told in training, its also the preferred airport in the UK for bomb / terrorist / hijack situations, there's an area at the back end of the airport that the planes can be isolated and supposedly it has near enough direct access to the M11 from there for emergency services

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

You can see the access from the airport in this aerial shot

bishops.jpg

I bet that was a nice little addition when they were building STN and people were calling it a white elephant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

it has near enough direct access to the M11 from there for emergency services

Or gentlemen in gas masks and black overalls known for swinging into Middle Eastern embassies on ropes in the early 80's :pac::pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement