Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

No planes over Ireland and the UK.

sdckl2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Anchorage?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

billie1b wrote: »
    Anchorage?

Your inbox is full.

Sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

Wonder what's the problem here? Qatar squawking 7700 over Irish Sea, Looks like a fuel dump in progress or something.

th_Screenshot2015-01-01083448_zps2813f5ef.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Assume this Qatar 777 is circling to get rid of fuel - anyone know anything re. This JFK to DOH flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

bronn wrote: »
    Wonder what's the problem here? Qatar squawking 7700 over Irish Sea, Looks like a fuel dump in progress or something.

th_Screenshot2015-01-01083448_zps2813f5ef.jpg

I think we're on our own at the mo!

I assume they're heading for Manchester. I am so sick of no ATC from the UK. Come on, lads. Move with the times. It's 2015 not 1915l

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭No Bills

coffeepls wrote: »
    Assume this Qatar 777 is circling to get rid of fuel - anyone know anything re. This JFK to DOH flight?

From AirLive.net:
    UPDATE EMERGENCY #QR702 will land at Manchester for medical emergency. Passenger (male) complaining of being unwell /@ChrisRR

Nice tailwinds coming in over the Atlantic this morn. Most clapping along close to 600kt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Nice tailwinds coming in over the Atlantic this morn. Most clapping along close to 600kt.

Everything heading the other way at under 400kts! Some difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

I assume they're heading for Manchester. I am so sick of no ATC from the UK. Come on, lads. Move with the times. It's 2015 not 1915l

Like you would like to have ATC from UK. regretfully in the UK it is against their Laws.

Whilst it is not illegal to have a scanner. It is illegal to listen to ATC's transmissions and to rebroadcast them. Although a blind eye is turned to listening to them at airports. The Police have the power to size any scanner.

One must be licensed to use an Marine Band Radio for example

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Delta 767 just took off from Dublin heading to Heathrow,any idea what's that about?

Any flight no

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

airuser wrote: »
    Any flight no

Dal63

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Delta 767 just took off from Dublin heading to Heathrow,any idea what's that about?

Boston Heathrow flight diverted to dub this morning. Not sure why.

Thanks

Flightaware shows it tracking into Dublin. Cannot find any other info

Nothing I can see on Airlive.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

767 from Bangor turning to land at Shannon. Private? Maintenance? Delivery flight?

Like you would like to have ATC from UK. regretfully in the UK it is against their Laws.

Whilst it is not illegal to have a scanner. It is illegal to listen to ATC's transmissions and to rebroadcast them. Although a blind eye is turned to listening to them at airports. The Police have the power to size any scanner.

One must be licensed to use an Marine Band Radio for example
    Just out of interest, I wonder has there ever been a case where the police seized people's scanners because they were listening to ATC?

Anyway, I see these arcane UK laws get chewed over time and time again (see here, for example) but... we're not in the UK. Would it be possible to pick up UK ATC transmissions from Dublin? If I had a set-up like Pat's and installed it say, in a house up in Ticknock that has great views out to sea, would it work? Because then, I wouldn't be breaking any laws in this jurisdiction. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Gulfstream 5 take off from Shannon heading west

Just out of interest, I wonder has there ever been a case where the police seized people's scanners because they were listening to ATC?

Anyway, I see these arcane UK laws get chewed over time and time again (see here, for example) but... we're not in the UK. Would it be possible to pick up UK ATC transmissions from Dublin? If I had a set-up like Pat's and installed it say, in a house up in Ticknock that has great views out to sea, would it work? Because then, I wouldn't be breaking any laws in this jurisdiction. :P

Tell ya what, you set it all up and we'll listen, as we are in the ROI you would be breaking no laws here and the Brits obviously wouldn't have jurisdiction to put a stop to it, they wouldn't even know about it i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Question is though, under which jurisdiction does liveatc operate? If they have any UK ties then it could be risky for them hosting an illegal feed even if it originates elsewhere.

BTW. it is also illegal to listen or use a scanner here.

Was questioned by the Gardai at the back of Cork Airpot few years ago about what I was doing. Had scanners, maps, and aircraft books. At that time one was able to receive mMount Gabriel. Transmissions were being repeated from London ATC. So one had both sides of it.

The Guards became interested in what I could show them ie tracking aircraft across the Atlantic then doing anything else.

There have been a number of cases over the years. But I cannot remember
    In say the last 2.

Some of UK ATC transmissions are picked up in Dublin depending on the atmospheric conditions.

Again a few years ago both in Cork and Clonea in Co Waterford could listen to pilots going in to ATC London from Cork. In Waterford could hear both pilot and ATC .

Over the 18 months or so reception has not been great.

During the summer is usually good last August in Ardmore Co.Waterford got italian Radio Station on car radio. No Scanners in the car.

flazio wrote: »
    Question is though, under which jurisdiction does liveatc operate? If they have any UK ties then it could be risky for them hosting an illegal feed even if it originates elsewhere else.

Can remember there was a feed once and was closed down very quickly.

What does puzzle me it that live feeds for Flight radar 24 are allowed.

On livestock.com one may see the countries that transmission feeds are allowed.

Ireland is one, but Dept of Comms has never interfered.

Cork, Dublin, Shannon are there.

BTW. it is also illegal to listen or use a scanner here.

It's not illigal own or to listen to any publically broadcast radio frequency in Ireland, even the frequencies the Garda used to transmit on. It is illigal to use the information obtained for nefarious activites or to profit from the information you obtain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

This seems like a new UK feed, havent heard anything on it yet but.

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/17803

billie1b wrote: »
    It's not illigal own or to listen to any publically broadcast radio frequency in Ireland, even the frequencies the Garda used to transmit on. It is illigal to use the information obtained for nefarious activites or to profit from the information you obtain.

First part of what you say is correct.

All radio stations, Ham Radio, Nav warnings. But to have a radio capable of transmitting and receiving with out a licence is illegal.

Scanners come under this section

However, listening to the Garda or having information of the frequencies that broadcast on. Or have them stored on a radio is totally illegal. Has away been.

First part of what you say is correct.

All radio stations, Ham Radio, Nav warnings. But to have a radio capable of transmitting and receiving with out a licence is illegal.

Scanners come under this section

However, listening to the Garda or having information of the frequencies that broadcast on. Or have them stored on a radio is totally illegal. Has away been.

Cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Shannon757 wrote: »
    767 from Bangor turning to land at Shannon. Private? Maintenance? Delivery flight?

Almost defiantly an Omni air, the american troops.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement