Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

True! I've done that on those flights before.... It's actually pretty close to your natural US time for bed. Would only be 11 PM/Midnight on the east coast US.

Yea thats what i'm saying they won't have gone to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

owenc wrote: »
    Yea thats what i'm saying they won't have gone to bed.

But they would have been flying during their own bodyclock's evening time, so they wouldn't have been sleeping anyway. When they land in the early AM irish time, it is time for bed if they were at home...

But they would have been flying during their own bodyclock's evening time, so they wouldn't have been sleeping anyway. When they land in the early AM irish time, it is time for bed if they were at home...

Yes so by going to bed at 4 and waking at 2 they are just keeping to american time.

The more day flights the better

Yes so by going to bed at 4 and waking at 2 they are just keeping to american time.

The more day flights the better

For the first day yeah... If you have been in the US for a few weeks, or even a week, your body clock changes over pretty quickly going west. Coming back east is a lot more difficult. You aren't going to hop straight back into Irish time right away. Takes a while. No harm in sticking to US time for your first day and gently easing back to Irish time.... There is no way that you would stay up until 10 or 11 PM that night without sleep, so get a few hours anyway from around 5AM to midday or 1 PM, then go to bed relatively normal time at 11 PM or midnight that night. Always works for me.

For the first day yeah... If you have been in the US for a few weeks, or even a week, your body clock changes over pretty quickly going west. Coming back east is a lot more difficult. You aren't going to hop straight back into Irish time right away. Takes a while. No harm in sticking to US time for your first day and gently easing back to Irish time.... There is no way that you would stay up until 10 or 11 PM that night without sleep, so get a few hours anyway from around 5AM to midday or 1 PM, then go to bed relatively normal time at 11 PM or midnight that night. Always works for me.

Yes I know it took me two weeks because didn't sleep on plane and then slept to 3 the next day.

• Advertisement

Yes I know it took me two weeks because didn't sleep on plane and then slept to 3 the next day.

Yeah, you need to be disciplined with the sleep in the first few days :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Well I suppose coming at 5/6/7 am is better than arriving home at 11:40pm at night like the new extra JFK summer service with EI.

I'd rather waste my night in a plane and not my day. Sure its good for some passengers, but for my leisure trips it would not be my flight of choice.

Well i'd pick the night one so that I can get some proper sleep and adjust properly.

I can't sleep on planes at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Can I remind everyone that this is the FR 24 thread and keep on topic please.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

LoganAir flight blown off runway during take off at Stornoway, two minor injuries.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30655051

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Why is a Qatar Airways Cargo (Mexico City to Atlanta) flying in from the west?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Lufty Embraer flying Munich to Charles de Gaul squawking the 7's just half way through its flight and appears to be heading towards Basel with a modest descent. Seems to have scrubbed 10k ft in around 3 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A stobart ATR out of Shannon just reported been attacked by lasers saying it was bright green and more intense than usual. Good banter then between the crew of another stobart saying they will need camouflage soon. Shannon control reported it to the guards

The kiddies must have new lasers for Christmas, let's hope they spend the new year in a cell.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Slightly off topic, but some kids across the road from me were shining a green laser in to the house a while ago. It's very bright and distracting (I was playing street fighter at the time!) so I popped over to tell them to quit it, in fairness to them they did. Can only imagine how irritating it is in the cockpit.
    I do live nearish to shannon, it's not my neighbours doing it (tonight anyway)!

Why do I have more an image of teenagers or even worse 20-30 something thugs being behind a lot of this, rather than your average bratty kids...could be well wrong of course.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

fr336 wrote: »
    Why do I have more an image of teenagers or even worse 20-30 something thugs being behind a lot of this, rather than your average bratty kids...could be well wrong of course.

I wouldn't say you're too far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

looks like something heading in to shannon very soon, be interesting to see if the toe rags try attack him coming in to land

Laser came from Limerick City, inbound traffic just informed by Shannon approach

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

fr336 wrote: »
    Laser came from Limerick City, inbound traffic just informed by Shannon approach

1/8 Lb lazer guided missile fitted to the Gardai heli would sort it quick smart. But that wouldnt be "pc". Bah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Mech1 wrote: »
    1/8 Lb lazer guided missile fitted to the Gardai heli would sort it quick smart. But that wouldnt be "pc". Bah.

Good idea but the laser guided munition aim for whatever the laser is aimed at:D

A visit from our dark green bereted gentlemen from the Curragh would stop all that. Aid to the civil authority and all:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

Off topic

Was driving from Dublin, hit a green coloured one. Luckily did not hit my eyes, wife saw it first. came from the side

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Slightly off topic but,

I was in the crescent one day shopping and seen a group of about 7 older teenage lads shine aload of lasers into cars passing by. One of them crashed into the curb. Luckily, they didn't realise that just beside them was an unmarked garda car. Out hopped 2 gardai and put handcuffs on all but one of them (One of them successfully ran away). I never found out what the result was, but it was funny to see. For the record, the car was not damaged nor was the person in it or anyone around injured.

I seen an a380 from jfk-dxb passing over north east cork a while ago. It took 4hrs 45mins to get from JFK to there and was going a speed of 1089km. Pretty speedy t/a crossing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Was lazerd or lazed whatever the term is coming back from Rome on the approach to 28.. i was sitting on the left side by the window and boy was it strong.. never really appreciate how distracting or powerful they are (all be it as pax) and in such a critical phase of flight for the crew it must be terrible. Unfortunately it would seem like its a tough ask to catch these aholes as you never hear about anyone being aprehended. Guess you pretty much have to be caught in the act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

What would happen the people if they got caught? I'm guessing a slap on the wrist but if it was me in charge it be attempted murder. Absolute scum, really don't understand how anyone can think this is a good/fun idea.

Also, how many receivers do FR have in Dublin, Wicklow or Wexford? I have one in my house in Killiney but was thinking of trying to get two more for Sisters house and house down in Wexford if it would improve coverage.

Is the radarcrape the device FR send out for free? Surely they don't send 800euro worth of stuff out to each person?

You can contact them via the link

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I host one of the recievers near Shannon, not 800e worth of gear. It's a raspberry pi box with an antenna. You must send exact location coordinates and pictures of where you would mount antenna. However there are quite a few receivers around the country now so not so sure they plan sending many more.

• Advertisement

I know the procedure and already have the device. Just wondering how much the device is worth? FR show you two devices you can purchase yourself (instead of getting a free one) and one of them, which looks like the one FR provided me costs 800+

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement