Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Carnacalla wrote: »
    I've made a very unusual observation on FR this morning. An aircraft flying as FR2 from STN-SNN. It appears to be a Ryanair Lear jet.

One of the two jets they use to transport maintenance staff to where they need to be, in this case SNN for some kind of tech issue with a Ryanair aircraft I'm assuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

Cargo ship capsized in the Pentland Firth, 8 people missing

42304828_scot_pentland_firth203.gif

Aberdeen Airport is also the main heliport for the oil & gas rigs in the North Sea

Yes, I know the oil rigs situation. Just commenting on the fact the helo look like ants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Cargo ship capsized in the Pentland Firth, 8 people missing

42304828_scot_pentland_firth203.gif

Aberdeen Airport is also the main heliport for the oil & gas rigs in the North Sea

280C930172224040A0CB973505EB2979-0000371550-0003711602-00634L-B1D4F9A0C0FD4207B49CB7FF04539687.jpg

A passing ferry has found the ship, search for the 8 crew is on going.

That ,photo does not look good. Believe it was carrying concrete.

Weather was poor in that area last evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭sjb25

Rescue s92 searching hopefully the find them

• Advertisement

Unfortunately, depending on how quickly it happened many may still be on board.

Growler!!! wrote: »
    Unfortunately, depending on how quickly it happened many may still be on board.

It would have had to have been very quick, but I see your point. If no sat nav response from an EPIRB then it's not looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭sjb25

It would have had to have been very quick, but I see your point. If no sat nav response from an EPIRB then it's not looking good.

Looking bad alright

Ships are fitted with float free EPIRB's and one to be carried to the lifeboat usually in the wheel house. Unless she rolled over on the side where the EPIRB was attached and it got fouled it would appear they didn't have time to send a distress call or activate the EPIRB.

The ship was only found when a passing ferry spotted it so I don't think the EPIRB activated.

With any luck the air search will generate results as a recovery from a ship in that state will be hazardous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Anyone elses flighradar acting up on the iphone/ipad app?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

billie1b wrote: »

Nope. Seems fine.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

owenc wrote: »
    Actually that plane has a very irratic flght path?? Hmm

Oh my gosh now its flying in zig zags

Haha that's a flight radar mistake. The signal in that area is poor, it often happens to plane. BTW planes can't do zig zags;)

My iPad Ar 2 was acting up last evening. Lost a flight over Irish Sea. It may have been the Tracking Station.

Rebooted and then came back. NoFlight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Haha that's a flight radar mistake. The signal in that area is poor, it often happens to plane. BTW planes can't do zig zags;)

Well I thought it was a ruder problem. It kept going south from Montreal and then I thought it was diverting to NYC but then it started going towards the atlantic.

Anyway I knew it was wrong when I checked on Dublin airport's website and it said a due arrival at 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭cjk photos

my fligtradar is linked to my sbs for a feed anyone else a feeder

airuser wrote: »
    My iPad Ar 2 was acting up last evening. Lost a flight over Irish Sea. It may have been the Tracking Station.

Rebooted and then came back. NoFlight

I deleted the app and reinstalled it, seems to be good now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Maltese Legacy 600 from Lyon (Air X Charter) headed to Shannon I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Maltese Legacy 600 from Lyon (Air X Charter) headed to Shannon I think.

It was. Was their a problem with it on the runway? EI381 had to loop instead of doing an approach. Not good for a flight already 3 hours delayed.

I deleted the app and reinstalled it, seems to be good now

I do not know if its the App or the iPad

airuser wrote: »
    I do not know if its the App or the iPad

It was the same on the iPhone, working grand now so its all good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Off topic but SAR helicopter over O'Brien's Bridge Co.Clare .
    anyone know whats up?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

http://www.flightradar24.com/DJT100/531da5d

Unscheduled stop into Shannon.

Bit of holding and diverting going on in South East of England - very poor visibility with fog. London City especially hit.

Many delays into Heathrow as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

It's fine at Heathrow and City. It got down to just below 1 km vis at Heathrow for an hour and 2.5 km at City, but these are totally doable. Heathrow was down to 100 m for a few hours this morning alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

Heathrow station manager contacted Dublin station manager about an hour ago asking them to suspend all departures to LHR, they had a good few aircraft holding due to low vis, suspension was lifted about 30 minutes ago, a shamrock and a speedbird have since been released from Dublin and are currently LHR bound.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bo91

Qatar airways about to take off from Dublin again , a sign of things to come ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

Heathrow station manager contacted Dublin station manager about an hour ago asking them to suspend all departures to LHR, they had a good few aircraft holding due to low vis, suspension was lifted about 30 minutes ago, a shamrock and a speedbird have since been released from Dublin and are currently LHR bound.

Why would LHR suffer that severely from conditions that were not THAT bad. 800 metres is as low as it got. Is it to do with the dual runways? Dublin operates well in conditions much worse than that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement