Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

FWVT wrote: »
    Why would LHR suffer that severely from conditions that were not THAT bad. 800 metres is as low as it got. Is it to do with the dual runways? Dublin operates well in conditions much worse than that.

Was 800m the forward or vertical vis? The vis as reported on metars can't always be trusted, may have deteriorated significantly for a short period of time which caused all the holding. The RVR may have been too low, chances are conditions were below the authorised CAT limits for their runways.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

LHR operates normally at close to 100% capacity. Throw in some low visibility or strong winds and the flow rate in and out slows down, and because it was already running at 95-98% capacity everything very quickly begins to back-log and hence flow control comes into play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

Was 800m the forward or vertical vis? The vis as reported on metars can't always be trusted, may have deteriorated significantly for a short period of time which caused all the holding. The RVR may have been too low, chances are conditions were below the authorised CAT limits for their runways.

The lowest RVRs were 1000 m on 27L and 1500 on 27R, when the horizontal visibility was reported as 900 m.

METAR COR EGLL 041920Z 18005KT 140V230 0900 R27L/1000 R27R/P1500 BR BKN001 02/02 Q1035 TEMPO 2000 FEW001 BKN003=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Off topic but SAR helicopter over O'Brien's Bridge Co.Clare .
    anyone know whats up?

Everything's on topic if it's aviation related and shows up on AIS or FR24:D

The heli lifted from obriens bridge and went to the regional hospital. Must have been urgent as they took off and landed in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

One of (what looked like) the SAR helicopters flew over Castleknock train station this morning very low. It was flying away from Connolly Hospital going west, any idea what it was?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    One of (what looked like) the SAR helicopters flew over Castleknock train station this morning very low. It was flying away from Connolly Hospital going west, any idea what it was?

Was on its way into Weston, around 11am if I remember correctly, kids loved it as it was so low

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

billie1b wrote: »
    Was on its way into Weston, around 11am if I remember correctly, kids loved it as it was so low

Would have been it, I was on my way into church for 11, so over me about 10.20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Would have been it, I was on my way into church for 11, so over me about 10.20

Actually you're correct it was 10:15 or so, I had just dropped the wife to work for that time and seen it just as I was leaving the centre

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Shocked to find belfast diverted! Is that really necessary??

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL76/history/20150104/1110Z/EGAA/KALB

Lhr didn't divert. Or was it a medical diversion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

owenc wrote: »
    Shocked to find belfast diverted! Is that really necessary??

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL76/history/20150104/1110Z/EGAA/KALB

Lhr didn't divert. Or was it a medical diversion?

Weather related according to United.

Maybe the Belfast flight had a lot of cargo. Both United flights from Dublin went non stop.

• Advertisement

I find it so odd considering we are well within the range. Its the first time i've seen it happen.

It must be what you said about cargo or else there was a holding pattern. Idk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

Have a look at the flights over Gander. Looks like a convoy.

It diverted because it had to hold over EWR for ages and didn't have enough fuel. So actually it wasn't really a diversion for fuel like the Paris one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

ABX cargo B762 over Athlone heading for Birmingham; haven't seen one of these since they subbed for TNT back in August

http://fr24.com/ABX91/532db69

FL410 suggests positioning-in light, or very very little cargo!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

2 helicopters from the north en route to Galway, one is G-IZOB. Shannon after giving them a right going over on the airwaves for trying to land at Galway as it's closed. They replied to Shannon control by saying their landing at a private site to which the controller said that's fine. Just after 1130 on the live atc feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

I believe the controller may have been incorrect.

A1068/14 - EICM GALWAY AERODROME IS LICENSED FOR DAY/VFR OPERATIONS IN CLASS G AIRSPACE ONLY. INFORMATION CONTAINED IN AIP SUP 06/14 CONCERNING RADIO NAVIGATIONAL AIDS IS STILL VALID. NO ATC SERVICE IS PROVIDED. 17 DEC 15:43 2014 UNTIL 17 MAR 15:00 2015. CREATED: 17 DEC 15:45 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Thats what I was thinking as I was at Galway last week and it was more than club aircraft operating out of there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Just copying this off flightradar fb page incase some of you are not on it.
    Important information about Flightradar24 apps!

All old versions of all Flightradar24 apps will stop working in 10 days. Make sure to update to latest app version from Apple Store, Play Store or Windows Store to keep your app working after 14 January.

All Flightradar24 apps can be found on http://www.flightradar24.com/apps

There are still 150,000 users running version 5.x of Flightradar24 Android app. Your app will stop working in 10 days if you don't update.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

theres a medical issue on one of the planes currently at Dublin, nothing serious but medics have been called to check out a passenger before they depart.

Edit is a plane about to land, ambulance/paramedics to meet them at the gate but nothing serious thanksfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Growler!!! wrote: »
    Everything's on topic if it's aviation related and shows up on AIS or FR24:D

The heli lifted from obriens bridge and went to the regional hospital. Must have been urgent as they took off and landed in the dark.

Wasn't on FR24 say it with my own eyes. Some lad injured on the hunt. Hope he's all right

• Advertisement

Off topic but SAR helicopter over O'Brien's Bridge Co.Clare .
    anyone know whats up?

But you asked this yesterday. I answered.

But you knew all along????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Only found out why it was there an hour ago

Wasn't on FR24 say it with my own eyes. Some lad injured on the hunt. Hope he's all right

Ah, I get you. You saw the heli, not the injured huntsman

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Ryanair co-pilot praised for carrying out emergency landing
    Report commends actions taken after captain fell unconscious on flight to Canaries

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/ryanair-co-pilot-praised-for-carrying-out-emergency-landing-1.2055298

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

fr336 wrote: »
    Report commends actions taken after captain fell unconscious on flight to Canaries

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/ryanair-co-pilot-praised-for-carrying-out-emergency-landing-1.2055298

Well done that man.

And as is standard for journalism nowadays they got the most basic fact wrong; the plane landed in Faro, not Lisbon.

Guys, only look to official sources or the AvHerald for info.

http://www.aaiu.ie/node/743

But rant over, nice job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Google Balloon?

http://www.flightradar24.com/5343f75

Edit - gone off view for the timebeing

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Veloce wrote: »
    Google Balloon?

http://www.flightradar24.com/5343f75

Edit - gone off view for the timebeing

Regular event in some parts of the world, they are experimenting with using balloons to provide internet service coverage in some parts of the world.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

fr336 wrote: »

Somehow I doubt the Daily Fail will carry this positive FR story

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement