Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

I've just noticed BAW116&172 about to come over the west coast of ireland. They are both 747's that are going from JFK to LHR and they took off 4 mins apart. This seems very strange that they would be so close. Is this normal? Or is it replacing an A380 that may have usually done the route?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

JP out and about around Waterford. EI-LIM

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    I've just noticed BAW116&172 about to come over the west coast of ireland. They are both 747's that are going from JFK to LHR and they took off 4 mins apart. This seems very strange that they would be so close. Is this normal? Or is it replacing an A380 that may have usually done the route?
    No A380s go from LHR-JFK-LHR.
    BA offer almost hourly services to new York from Heathrow over a 14/15 hour period. These flights have only a 6/7 hour window in which they can fly back to the UK, due to timezones. So if there is one scheduled every 30/40mins, it would be very easy to have 2 flights take off the same time as each other due to delays.

In this case, BA 116, took off just at 9:35, 1hr 35mins delayed, and BA172 took off at 9:31, 31mins delayed. A few simple delayed caused these 2 flights to take off with 4mins between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Tenger wrote: »
    Somehow I doubt the Daily Fail will carry this positive FR story

would be something like this i imagine -
    "180 Ryanair passengers have escaped certain death after a pilot fell asleep in the cockpit.

The shocking incident took place in October 2013 on a flight from the UK to Canaries. Reports suggest that the captain was over-worked and became unconscious in his seat following a lack of sleep for 8 days.

An inexperienced co-pilot took control and landed the near-fatal plane in the wrong airport - Faro, Portugal, meaning the passengers had to swim to their destination in the Canaries as bus transfers were not available. Some passengers said it took them 4 days to complete their journey.

the-dramatic-picture-of-a-flybe-plane-shortly-after-it-landed-without-a-wheel-pic-swns-526666525.jpg
    passenger photo of the chaotic scene in which a Ryanair plane landed in the wrong country

"We were so scared" said one passenger, "We all thought we were going to die.

"The plane sorta shook when we were landing, we were sure one of the wings were going to fall off, which is what can happen when theres only one pilot," said another clearly distressed passenger.

There was a 7 minute hold queue on Ryanairs customer service line when we contacted them for comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

A Ryanair Boeing 737-800, registration EI-DCN performing flight FR-3152 from East Midlands,EN (UK) to Tenerife Sur Reina Sofia,CI (Spain) with 167 passengers and 6 crew, was enroute at FL360 about 50nm west of Lisbon (Portugal) when the captain became incapacitated prompting the first officer to divert the aircraft to Faro (Portugal) 160nm southeast of their position for a safe landing on runway 10 about 25 minutes later
    This is the report on a Ryanair Flight.

How come the photo is of FlyBe aircraft

I deleted the text from AvHerald as its already been linked and discussed.
    The above post was a tongue in cheek at how the Daily Mail would report the incident, incl getting the aircraft and livery wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,638 ✭✭✭✭L1011

airuser wrote: »
    This is the report on a Ryanair Flight.

How come the photo is of FlyBe aircraft

Because its a parody post (of incredible accuracy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

He was taking the proverbial I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Position to Dublin after last scheduled flight last night.

9DA61A844278482A92C5F7D72BF11512-0000371550-0003713434-00800L-DA36EF20C223425189D035F06A0BAAEB.jpg

Easyjet a319 in Shannon this morning. Anyone know why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 bernsy

Easyjet is probably training.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Carnacalla wrote: »

Training. Keep an eye on him. Each pilot will have to do 6 take offs and landings.

Growler!!! wrote: »
    Training. Keep an eye on him. Each pilot will have to do 6 take offs and landings.

parked up now, but looks like theres been about 12 landings already.

parked up now, but looks like theres been about 12 landings already.

That's 2 lads sorted:D.

There's usually a coin toss over who goes first and last. As they get to log the sector to or from homebase to the training airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ShanE90

A319 on approach to performing a touch and go at EINN this afternoon

EBBF8A69-B773-401A-BEDB-C7234A33A9A4_zpsgr2epdjw.jpg

whats the reason that Easyjet have zero presence in Ireland, is it primarily down to the Ryanair/Aerlingus monopoly on practically all routes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

They did have flights from Gatwick to a few airports here at one point but I remember reading that Ryanair undercut them so much that they pulled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Easyjet did previously operate in Ireland out of SNN/ORK

Not exactly an easy market to break into when you are going up against Ryanair in its own backyard who can afford to offer free seats for months to squeeze you out. Aer Lingus playing the mid low cost field and connecting traffic sucks up a lot of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Easyjet did previously operate in Ireland out of SNN/ORK

Not exactly an easy market to break into when you are going up against Ryanair in its own backyard who can afford to offer free seats for months to squeeze you out. Aer Lingus playing the mid low cost field and connecting traffic sucks up a lot of business.

Why can't easyjet do the same and play them at their own game?

Easyjet are big in the uk & seem to survive there. ( I assume their flights would still be more expensive there)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

Go to BFS on FlightRadar24 and see the departures and arrivals.
    About 80% are Easyjet.

• Advertisement

Reoil wrote: »
    Go to BFS on FlightRadar24 and see the departures and arrivals.
    About 80% are Easyjet.

My god, Belfast finally became part of the ROI? How did I miss this!?! Wow I must be stupid......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

This United has been at SNN since yesterday morning http://www.flightradar24.com/reg/n48127

According to the mobile version of this fourm, we are on page 757!

This United has been at SNN since yesterday morning http://www.flightradar24.com/reg/n48127

Thanks fr336, I was wondering why that was at Shannon myself.

fr336 wrote: »

Manx2? Wow. I haven't seen one of them flying for a while. The crash really ruined the airline:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Not quite- it left Newark on the 5th yesterday but arrived here this morning the 6th. No idea what caused it to have a 10 hour delay in leaving today though.

Not quite- it left Newark on the 5th yesterday but arrived here this morning the 6th. No idea what caused it to have a 10 hour delay in leaving today though.

Ahh of course

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Ahh of course

FR24 should really add +1 after the times where a flight arrives the next day

FR24 should really add +1 after the times where a flight arrives the next day

Or I could just have some more sense lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Ga230 / GIA230 squawking 7700 Jakarta

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement