Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭clownface95

RYR996C down safe and sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

LH heading to Belfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

I see at least 12 inbound flights to EIDW - a lot crossing the Irish sea at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

How are they going to get all those passengers from Shannon, Belfast and Cork to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭TPMP

Would love to see some photo's of Shannon if anyone is out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

BCY23M going to Belfast ?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kumsheen

airuser wrote: »
    LH flight does not have fuel to go into the hold going to Shannon

If it's only fuel he needs, he would have been better going to Liverpool. I think he will be waiting quite a few hours in Shannon for his turn to be served.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    They're the guys who don't sound too professional in their communication.

One of them said earlier, "we'd prefer you on the island of Ireland but it's your call from a safety point of view" and pilot snapped back "yeah you don't need to tell me that"

It was not a snap, more a statement of fact and a summation of the hassle tonight. Don't be a Daily Mail journalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

It will be a lonnnnng night for the staff and pax at shannon. Knowing ryanair, youd sooner get the flight back to dub than the bus.

Is there enough busses at shannon to handle the passengers? With 10 diverted aircraft, I assume there will be at least 1000 passengers there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

Yes, our friend fr336 has also enlightened me.

Grateful to all for putting me right. See, I am willing to learn as I go!

I actually never realised that ops could be heard on ATC. You live and learn.

Thanks.

You have to listen carefully, as I can be under ATC. First time I have heard it. On Live ATC.

• Advertisement

Pocaide wrote: »
    How are they going to get all those passengers from Shannon, Belfast and Cork to Dublin.

Depends on the airline and how things turn out tonight. Shannon's going to be packed. As it's late at night they might just all keep pax on the aircraft then fly them back to Dub later. If it was daytime they might just bus them to Dub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

airuser wrote: »
    LH flight does not have fuel to go into the hold going to Shannon

Would this be a case of bad flight planning since they wouldn't have been too long out of Frankfurt? Bad conditions would probably have been present in Dublin when they were leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ei58 finally is down....those passengers have been spared a night in manchester!!!!

EIN58R finally down the last four have landed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

58R down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

58R down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

fr336 wrote: »
    It was not a snap, more a statement of fact and a summation of the hassle tonight. Don't be a Daily Mail journalist.

that's your interpretation and opinion. Don't be a cock.

Cityjet next

Is the winds improving in dub ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

More for shannon. The first diversions are down for a while already, I suppose the handling would have eased a bit? Still a situation with the stands, but EI could probably send a few if needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,055 ✭✭✭✭flazio

ei58 finally is down....those passengers have been denied a night in manchester!!!!
    Fixed your post

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

fr336 wrote: »
    Depends on the airline and how things turn out tonight. Shannon's going to be packed. As it's late at night they might just all keep pax on the aircraft then fly them back to Dub later. If it was daytime they might just bus them to Dub.

God what a nightmare if you are pax on those flights

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

DUB TWR 'The last 3 landers have landed'

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    that's your interpretation and opinion. Don't be a cock.

:D:D It's the internet, if pointing out how it actually sounded makes me a cock and you taking it ever so personally so be it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Pocaide wrote: »

Some of them will refuel and fly to Dublin if conditions improve as appears to have happened now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

http://www.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/flights-suspended-at-dublin-airport-due-to-high-winds-30893622.html

Who's the Indo journalist here using the sneaky FR24 snaps? front page of the website

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Cityjet making his approach into St. Margaret's again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Looking a lot better now. ATC have finished stacking for the time being

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Nim wrote: »
    Cityjet making his approach into St. Margaret's again :)

He's gone around

• Advertisement

going around

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement