Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

136 gonna have another go.

Round and around we go....

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

winds / gusts / direction is all against them.. most likely a divert

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

Interesting comment from the crew of EI136. "Time to update the equipment" relating to the tower. The tower can only give an average of wind speed that is generated every 10mins. On short finals EI136 experienced windshear, the controller could not warn him of the this as he did not have this info regarding live wind speed available to him. However the update popped up showing a wind speed of 56knots. Which he informed EI136 immediately. Too late however as EI136 was actually in the middle of windshear. Forgive my ignorance on this but surely this has to be looked at by the relevant authorities??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Max 52 wind at SNN

• Registered Users Posts: 33 NeonSquares

I'm sorry but I'm finding the 136 crews attitude a little condescending towards ATC, I mean I understand the pressure they're under but out of the last four arrivals this crew seems to be for want of a better word, the drama queens of the bunch, preceding company 104 made no fuss coming in and 16 what was it?, about 10-15mins prior to 136 closing in on Dublin?, I'm not having a go, just an opinion from listening to the feed, just feeling a bit for the lads in the tower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭microsim

EI pilot: "Time to update your equipment!" referring to the lack of instruments on the ground warning of wind shear.
    Tower: "Yeah I wish I was in charge of the budget"

dublincelt wrote: »
    Interesting comment from the crew of EI136. "Time to update the equipment" relating to the tower. The tower can only give an average of wind speed that is generated every 10mins. On short finals EI136 experienced windshear, the controller could not warn him of the this as he did not have this info regarding live wind speed available to him. However the update popped up showing a wind speed of 56knots. Which he informed EI136 immediately. Too late however as EI136 was actually in the middle of windshear. Forgive my ignorance on this but surely this has to be looked at by the relevant authorities??

On the face of it absolutely yes. But $$$

• Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

He has a point: that could have been dangerous.

Anyway. makes for a more entertaining exchange!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭microsim

dublincelt wrote: »

Leo is snoring his head off atm so.. unlikely..

I'm sorry but I'm finding the 136 crews attitude a little condescending towards ATC, I mean I understand the pressure they're under but out of the last four arrivals this crew seems to be for want of a better word, the drama queens of the bunch, preceding company 104 made no fuss coming in and 16 what was it?, about 10-15mins prior to 136 closing in on Dublin?, I'm not having a go, just an opinion from listening to the feed, just feeling a bit for the lads in the tower.

Yeah but everyone's professional; they don't sound rays of sunshines but they don't have to be either. Could add a little bit more stress for the tower but I doubt it with the calmness of these guys

• Advertisement

Mother nature will outfox any equipment you have.. the aircraft has the Windshear logic, based on data feeding in to the aircraft at that place and moment in time, the tower isn't able to promise them any parameter will hold during approach and landing

I think both 136's and the towers wind shear warnings went off simultaneously, only 136 beat the tower to the PTT and said he was going around....pull the tapes ;p.

EIN11C landed at SNN - pilot said "It is doable" there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

He's goin in...

136 is down!

.....and he's down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Down !! :D

I can taste the sweat from his palms lol, good on them.

136 crew sounded exhausted tbh..signed off with a releived sounding 'thank you sir' to atc so I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt :p

Now for the French lad...

• Advertisement

which url are you guys getting ATC feed? I am lagging waaay back here!

Now for the French lad...

Oh he'll have it down no trouble

daelight wrote: »
    which url are you guys getting ATC feed? I am lagging waaay back here!

http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=einn

First one

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭5littleangels

who is rescue one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

fr336 wrote: »

thats Shannon

follow link below for Dublin

Thanks fr336, mech1 - using that.. maybe cos I am 6000 miles from there?!

Oh he'll have it down no trouble

"He'll"...hmm ;p

who is rescue one?

I'm not 100% but I've always gathered they speed up and down the runways, taxiways etc keeping everything sweet and sound in terms of maintenance, anything on the runway etc.

Mech1 wrote: »
    thats Shannon

follow link below for Dublin

Apologies
    Mech go to bed for 10 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭5littleangels

ok i was getting worried there i just started listening yesterday for the first time now i'm awake at 5am listening mmm........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement