Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

The pax who are down now in Shannon will be ok.

I actually feel sorry for the crews who may have to deal with a bit of, well.... frustration from the pax.

Jeez, in the circs I'd be delighted to be on the ground, and breathing out again. But hopefully all will be good.

True good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

fr336 wrote: »
    I'd be full of praise for these individuals for getting me on the ground safely.

The bollox who cant watch their recordings on sky until tomorrow doesn't think like you. (Theres a story behind this comment)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

those lufthansa passengers deserve better, they didnt even enter a hold and diverted. had the pilot waited 5 minuted, they'd be on approach now, 5 minutes out instead of being over tullamore and heading to shannon perhaps without buses or handling crew.

ive been on that flight 6 or 7 times before with work.

Belfast are getting excited about their diversions pics and everything bless 'em :D (This comment is tongue in cheek, I do like it obviously!)

https://twitter.com/BelfastAirport/status/553327439460712450

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭clownface95

RYR622B down ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

Yes, our friend fr336 has also enlightened me.

Grateful to all for putting me right. See, I am willing to learn as I go!

I actually never realised that ops could be heard on ATC. You live and learn.

Thanks.

OPS not listed on frequencies on Live ATC . The receiver rebroadcasting these must be getting a little bleed over. We are also getting inter chats between company pilots.

Wheres the cityjet going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

airuser wrote: »
    OPS not listed on frequencies on Live ATC . The receiver rebroadcasting these must be getting a little bleed over. We are also getting inter chats between company pilots.

The list I believe is user updated, not automatic.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    The bollox who cant watch their recordings on sky until tomorrow doesn't think like you. (Theres a story behind this comment)

Sky are as crap at their TV bits as their News? :P:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,055 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Aldergrove

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Doesn't need a second Dublin airport, it needs a runway that's in the right direction to the prevailing winds, which is more often 230 or thereabouts than it is 280. It never used to be a problem when there was a runway 23, but someone somewhere decided that it wasn't a good direction, so 28 got built, and 23 disappeared into the ramp area never to be used again. When the weather decides it's going to play hard ball, and blow stronger than usual from the normal direction, the approach to 28 gets to be "interesting", for all the wrong reasons, most of them being the turbulence caused by the down draughts coming off the northern end of the Wicklow Hills. When we had 23 and 29, I used to notice a lot more turbulence on an approach into 29 than 23, and it wasn't the terrain under me that made the difference (apart from that wretched valley just before the threshold on 23, which was guaranteed to cause problems for a light aircraft if the wind was anything between 180 and 230, and it was even worse when Hangar 6 got added into the mix.)

There is also the possible thought, which I've no hard evidence for, just experience doing a lot of research in both Boeing and Airbus simulators in very strong cross wind conditions, that using a side stick with no feedback or using a control yoke that does have feedback is a different experience, and my personal opinion is that due to the lack of distance of overall travel with the side stick, it is harder to use in the sort of conditions that are prevailing out there this evening, which might explain why there are apparently more Airbus than Boeing diversions happening.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

You do know it's Mech1 who provides the feeds. He changes it as his customers need (us):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Meanwhile at FL360: http://fr24.com/ELY28/53a1ebf - 615 kts, estimating a nice early arrival at Tel Aviv...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Aldergrove.
    Belfast are getting excited about their diversions pics and everything bless 'em :D

They've got a Cityjet coming their way too, I doubt they see many of those :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Eddie hobbs has been in touch, he has the paypal account setup, to keep listening its €10 per device, per day, starts at 24.00.

those lufthansa passengers deserve better, they didnt even enter a hold and diverted. had the pilot waited 5 minuted, they'd be on approach now, 5 minutes out instead of being over tullamore and heading to shannon perhaps without buses or handling crew.

ive been on that flight 6 or 7 times before with work.

That flight overnights in DUB so has to be back before the departure at 5am.

I'm sure they will be back up in a hour or so from SNN w/ PAX.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

"See you on the ground"

"Hopefully.."

Sky are as crap at their TV bits as their News? :P:pac:

Haha no. I was in palma witnessing a man from manchester screaming this at a poor airline rep because his flight was delayed by 7 hours. His language was far more abusive than i gave.

Mech1 wrote: »
    Eddie hobbs has been in touch, he has the paypal account setup, to keep listening its €10 per device, per day, starts at 24.00.

The numbers watching RTE1/2 are down eh? :pac:

• Advertisement

Haha no. I was in palma witnessing a man from manchester screaming this at a poor airline rep because his flight was delayed by 7 hours. His language was far more abusive than i gave.

That is amazing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Pilot to pilot is and always has been in the feed

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭windowspotter

Bedtime at midnight for me so ha ha

You establishment sellout :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Belfast are getting excited about their diversions pics and everything bless 'em :D (This comment is tongue in cheek, I do like it obviously!)

Excited to see the Shamrocks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

If anyone is interested in the Dublin SORIN and KERAV holds in use at the moment filling up again, some info here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

They seem to be getting in now. Could the planes that diverted not have stayed in the hold ? I assume fuel concerns play a part in diverting.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Paddez

b757 wrote: »
    That flight overnights in DUB so has to be back before the departure at 5am.

I'm sure they will be back up in a hour or so from SNN w/ PAX.

Will they be able to turn around and refuel in an hour, considering all the diverted traffic just after arriving in SNN?

Will Mr.Luhfthansa who is going to shannon run over his flight hours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Pilot to pilot is and always has been in the feed

Hey. Any chance of the link. My previous one won't work

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement