Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

de biz wrote: »
    There is a GLF4 eastbound over Galway.Can anyone explain how Planefinder shows the reg but FR24 does not?

i often think , whos in that one?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

fr336 wrote: »
    Fairly sure the poster in question has been around these parts quite a while now and a notable name. Who are you again?

I really need to take a break from this place, post too much and annoyingly myself and now attracting even more annoying baggage. The place was a lot better before I arrived for one reason or another, sorry all.

I don't look at post count / reputation. I look at posts;)
    I might be nobody, but my point is as important as yours.

No need to drag it on, anyway. Long time lurker and I felt I had to step in this time. There are issues / topics I feel strong about.

The place was a lot better before I arrived, too I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

the team might be a bit shakey for the game
    The way Leinster are playing lately, they'll be fairly shakey anyway. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

wonski wrote: »
    What kind of comparision is it?

Going with this logic we could disregard all posts unless there are fatalities:confused:

Reminds me of a guy last night who felt 7500 would be more "interesting" to see, and subscribe to, than all these "boring" 77/7600.

If that is what you are looking for you are in a wrong spot i think.

I honestly think you have the wrong end of the stick on this idea that we are all "Ambulance chasers".

ATC is pretty boring on any normal day, every flight gets the same standard instructions and follows them to the letter, that shows that the guys on the ground and the pilots are regimented, professional and capable.

This type of wind event makes everyone of those guys sit up straight, it gets more difficult, it gets more professional it gets more attention.

That is why we like these events, its not wishing the pax any harm, its not wishing the pax and crew any inconvenience, thats gonna happen anyway no matter how hard anyone wishes.

Its just more interesting to hear them deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bluezulu49

Hi Guys,
    First post here so go easy please. Early this morning as I was watching the action in Dublin I noticed AIC 102 en route from JFK to DEL south of Iceland showing an indicated speed of 672 knots. Do passenger aircraft often travel so close to the speed of sound or is the speed incorrect?

Bluezulu49.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Mech1 wrote: »
    I honestly think you have the wrong end of the stick on this idea that we are all "Ambulance chasers".

ATC is pretty boring on any normal day, every flight gets the same standard instructions and follows them to the letter, that shows that the guys on the ground and the pilots are regimented, professional and capable.

This type of wind event makes everyone of those guys sit up straight, it gets more difficult, it gets more professional it gets more attention.

That is why we like these events, its not wishing the pax any harm, its not wishing the pax and crew any inconvenience, thats gonna happen anyway no matter how hard anyone wishes.

Agreed, comparing it (in any way) to events in France was a bit strange, though.

You worded it right and it made sense. Someone else used words like "fun" and it annoyed me,

As I said - no need to drag it on and on.
    There are more exciting things to discuss.

Let the thread continue without turbulences:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

bluezulu49 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    First post here so go easy please. Early this morning as I was watching the action in Dublin I noticed AIC 102 en route from JFK to DEL south of Iceland showing an indicated speed of 672 knots. Do passenger aircraft often travel so close to the speed of sound or is the speed incorrect?

Bluezulu49.

The speed of sound is 360m/s, but only at sea level, and in 'standard' conditions of temperature and pressure. Aircraft flying at altitude are flying in much colder conditions in much less dense air, so their ground speed (which is what you're looking at) is much different to what the aircraft is actually experiencing in the part of the atmosphere it's flying in. Then a tailwind will further push the aircraft along and increase it's groundspeed. So while the speed you see might be 670kts, the Indicated airspeed (which is all the physics of the wings and the rest of the aircraft cares about) might only be 270kts, and that might equate to a True airspeed of 470kts, and a Mach speed of .81, which as you know is safely below the speed of sound!

Simples:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Yeah, thats what I was gonna say ^^^:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

IB6253 madrid to jfk seems to be facing the wrong way.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Let's watch the Are Lingus from Heathrow to cork attempt a landing:)

The shamrocks and Irish/UK based Haps are probably well used to ORK

• Advertisement

IB6253 madrid to jfkis heading backwards. any idea why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Shannon757 wrote: »
    IB6253 madrid to jfkis heading backwards. any idea why?

Looks like he's gone totally off course, or am I just seeing things ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Anyone know who the "flyer " call sign is. Just coming into dub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Fr from Liverpool had a go around there didn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

adam88 wrote: »
    Anyone know who the "flyer " call sign is. Just coming into dub

British Airways City Flyer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Beersmith wrote: »
    Fr from Liverpool had a go around there didn't it

Correct, hard windsheer at 100ft, he's established again now

I think it's BA Cityflyer but I could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Growler!!! wrote: »

The first sentence contradicts their own headline :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

47kts

47kts is now my absolute max headwind I'd be happy to land in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

COBB51 USAF C130 92-0551 7700 over the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

was wondering what that was when the phone went off. wonder where he will go

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I'm just guessing but maybe Lakenheath?

Looks like Lakenheath.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ShanE90

FR 24 now showing it as Herc C130

Into the "hall" by the looks of it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Nim wrote: »
    I'm just guessing but maybe Lakenheath?

Or not..

Mildenhall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

Mech1 wrote: »

mech1, with all due respect, I think you should prefer more some of those Speedbird arrogantic outbursts, than poor ol guys and gals battling for their safe return home. ATC is not for your or anyone else's amusement. I've been told today that I'm very emotional about this, and it's true. It just so happens that I, as a low time pilot know exactly what it feels like being kicked in the groin whilst trying to establish contact with the atc. I might be too emotional as a newbie, but I do want to say this - before you dear to think any of this is fun, get some hours under your belts and then lets talk it over.
    We all have our rough days at our day time jobs, how would you like if there was someone listening and getting a craic of it?

Again, as you remember, I helped you with some advice setting up those antennas, I still think you're doing a great job, just please, don't make a joke out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

CWY999B, I do not fancy being that guy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

gumbo1 wrote: »
    CWY999B, I do not fancy being that guy!

How come?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement