Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

fr336 wrote: »
    How come?

Very light ac, very strong head winds and I'd imagine quite a lot of turbulence too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

martinsvi wrote: »
    mech1, with all due respect, I think you should prefer more some of those Speedbird arrogantic outbursts, than poor ol guys and gals battling for their safe return home. ATC is not for your or anyone else's amusement. I've been told today that I'm very emotional about this, and it's true. It just so happens that I, as a low time pilot know exactly what it feels like being kicked in the groin whilst trying to establish contact with the atc. I might be too emotional as a newbie, but I do want to say this - before you dear to think any of this is fun, get some hours under your belts and then lets talk it over.
    We all have our rough days at our day time jobs, how would you like if there was someone listening and getting a craic of it?

Again, as you remember, I helped you with some advice setting up those antennas, I still think you're doing a great job, just please, don't make a joke out of it.

As a low time pilot then you would do very well to listen to it as much as you can because I certainly learned so much RT before I ever got a lesson. Now with 150 hrs logged I still listen and learn about decision-making, crew-resource management, ATC, navigational awareness, hazards, and just how the pros go about their job. I will always try to do as best a job on the radio as I can, so why not learn from the pros?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

FWVT wrote: »
    As a low time pilot then you would do very well to listen to it as much as you can because I certainly learned so much RT before I ever got a lesson. Now with 150 hrs logged I still listen and learn about decision-making, crew-resource management, ATC, navigational awareness, hazards, and just how the pros go about their job. I will always try to do as best a job on the radio as I can, so why not learn from the pros?

I completely agree, the issue is not with listening.. what confuses me is how some people can think it's fun or entertaining.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

With all this excitement lately. I think we will be needing a new thread.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Star Air doing some circuits this morning.

40d290e7f9de98a894ae52a6fdf401f3.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

2 BA 747s above Ireland heading east. 2 767s heading west.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

http://fr24.com/DLH9915
    Test flight or training?

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

LH8165 Lufthansa Cargo (Houston to Stavenger) is being diverted to Frankfurt. Probaly because of the high winds

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Very negative feeling in this thread.

If I take laughter from others outbursts, others jokes and others arrogance on ATC live, I do not see a problem with me or anyone else doing that.

Everyone has bad days at work, it doesn't mean that you suddenly allowed do what you want, and if you do do what you want and have an out burst etc, and you make an eejit of yourself, well sorry but in any job you get people laughing at you. The best thing you can do is maybe laugh back and not let these things annoy you.

ATC and pilots make jokes. That happens! If I'm wrong for finding humour in these than I have a completely wrong moral code.

And if your arrogant, well these can be great. The arrogant BA pilot recently at dub on Christmas eve was not being safety cautious, he was being ignorant, arrogant and plain stupid. You do not go onto a runway in a buzy airport, or any airport really if your not ready to take off. Simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭purple cow

Anyone know what's the story with LH9915 over Shannon?

purple cow wrote: »

Probably training.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

purple cow wrote: »

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93774870&postcount=9968

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

Carnacalla wrote: »

If I take laughter from others outbursts, others jokes and others arrogance on ATC live, I do not see a problem with me or anyone else doing that.

ATC and pilots make jokes. That happens! If I'm wrong for finding humour in these than I have a completely wrong moral code.
    I agree. We heard some of the best ATC communications during bad weather. Everything very calm and professional but plenty of black humour mixed in there. Remember during the storms on St Stephen's Day last year? Lots of planes couldn't land and some were in a real bind as to what to do. There was no diverting to Shannon or Cork and one American trans-atlantic pilot said he'd be happy to stay in the hold until there was sunlight. This was at 6:00am. A weary ATC replied, "You'll be waiting. No sun until after 09:00." Pilot, "Huh!? Awwww damn!" But the best was the Delta pilot and ATC. Delta had been in a hold for a while and decided to try and land, which he did.
    ATC: Delta, have you got any information for following traffic?
    Delta: Yeah, sure! Put on your brown underwear.

This time around there was a lot of dark humour and pilots being very clear about where they wanted to go. Or the guy who spotted the hares running around.
    Pilot: There's a lot of hares at the end of the runway.
    ATC: Yeah. We know. And we can't even shoot them because they're a protected species.
    Pilot: So, I can't have one for my dinner?
    ATC: No. But if you accidentally run over a few, that would be okay!
    Pilot: Huh. Well, I suppose the guy behind me can have them for his dinner.

:pac: Hearing stuff like this is funny. And it is quite something to see how a busy airport handles bad weather. Above all else, the calmness of the pilots who do go arounds, maybe twice, before diverting. Fair play. And we're not the only ones who think it's interesting to listen in to ATC during all of this. Hundreds were listening in - the highest figures ever. In fact, combine the two feeds from DUB ATC and there were over 800 listeners.

My thanks again to Mech1 and to the contributors to this topic who explained what was going on and shared useful information.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭sjb25

bronn wrote: »
    I agree. We heard some of the best ATC communications during bad weather. Everything very calm and professional but plenty of black humour mixed in there. Remember during the storms on St Stephen's Day last year? Lots of planes couldn't land and some were in a real bind as to what to do. There was no diverting to Shannon or Cork and one American trans-atlantic pilot said he'd be happy to stay in the hold until there was sunlight. This was at 6:00am. A weary ATC replied, "You'll be waiting. No sun until after 09:00." Pilot, "Huh!? Awwww damn!" But the best was the Delta pilot and ATC. Delta had been in a hold for a while and decided to try and land, which he did.
    ATC: Delta, have you got any information for following traffic?
    Delta: Yeah, sure! Put on your brown underwear.

This time around there was a lot of dark humour and pilots being very clear about where they wanted to go. Or the guy who spotted the hares running around.
    Pilot: There's a lot of hares at the end of the runway.
    ATC: Yeah. We know. And we can't even shoot them because they're a protected species.
    Pilot: So, I can't have one for my dinner?
    ATC: No. But if you accidentally run over a few, that would be okay!
    Pilot: Huh. Well, I suppose the guy behind me can have them for his dinner.

:pac: Hearing stuff like this is funny. And it is quite something to see how a busy airport handles bad weather. Above all else, the calmness of the pilots who do go arounds, maybe twice, before diverting. Fair play. And we're not the only ones who think it's interesting to listen in to ATC during all of this. Hundreds were listening in - the highest figures ever. In fact, combine the two feeds from DUB ATC and there were over 800 listeners.

My thanks again to Mech1 and to the contributors to this topic who explained what was going on and shared useful information.

+1 to this I don't think anybody wishes any harm to anybody and no approaches would even be made until it is safe enough for them to do so people listen for all of the above and also to hear how it all works it's interesting and yes even funny at times when pilots and ATC come out with funny comments I work in emergency services and in stressful situations we often come out with things joking that other people would not understand it but it's just what happens nobody is being unprofessional it's just all part of it you can't be serious all of the time it will make life a lot harder

sjb25 wrote: »
    +1 to this I don't think anybody wishes any harm to anybody and no approaches would even be made until it is safe enough for them to do so people listen for all of the above and also to hear how it all works it's interesting and yes even funny at times when pilots and ATC come out with funny comments I work in emergency services and in stressful situations we often come out with things joking that other people would not understand it but it's just what happens nobody is being unprofessional it's just all part of it you can't be serious all of the time it will make life a lot harder

I agree.

Another thing is that no-one has ever made jokes on here during an emergency situation, only after. And even after, all comments commend the pilots and atc.

With out jokes and laughter we are not being cruel or wishing pain among anyone, its simply for enjoyment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Unusual one, Jet2 Dublin - Chambery, most likely a Ski holiday charter

EB2C442E-0E59-45BA-AA1F-874AAB52E629_zpselqelok7.png

billie1b wrote: »

Picture to follow later

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Normally would but I could not right at that moment :)

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

EC5 Open Skies from aris over Cork. Anyone know where it is going?

• Advertisement

Swiftair SWT961P Brasilia from belfast. Charter,cargo?

Shannon757 wrote: »
    EC5 Open Skies from aris over Cork. Anyone know where it is going?

New York.

Antonov captured overhead, looked sweet in the clear blue sky with the sun shining on it

7BCFF828-F8A0-4FBA-8DD2-04536C17F92A_zpsslcd9crk.png

billie1b wrote: »

16246250572_32acccf352_b.jpgJet2 Boeing 737-377 G-CELV by Shamrock147, on Flickr

Nice! I love the classics, I have one for you, i'll throw it up in a few, think it'll be close to your heart

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Carnacalla wrote: »

Freedom of speech and all that being in the news alot lately, can we keep this thread on track while we still have some credit left in the meter ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

May I ask what negativity? Haven't seen any? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Tcx49rb squawking 77's now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Just below portugal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

No sound from link for me. :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement