Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

daelight wrote: »
    757 in these conditions not good.. UAL23 going to MAN

at least he gave it a go, unlike the AA and Delta!

is that the Etihad looking at going to Shannon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Safety first

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

Has the FedEx plane been around, I work there just got a txt to say come in at 9 instead of 7. Has it diverted? Please say yes lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

http://www.flightradar24.com/AAL290

Gatwick or Heathrow..Gatwick or Heathrow..Gatwick or Heathrow..Ah let's go back to Dublin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

What happens when they divert to the uk do they refuel and try again or do passengers have to get off until wind dies down?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,056 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Sounds like a FR is pushing out for take off from Shannon.

What happens when they divert to the uk do they refuel and try again or do passengers have to get off until wind dies down?

I have no real idea but for the flights from the US I'd be wanting to be delivered to Swords, Dublin eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

There is no giving it a go when you are dealing with the safety of the passengers and crew, and the aircraft.

The above is paramount.

According to flightradar, winds in BFS are quite low.

• Advertisement

I won't post about this guy again unless I have something firm but what's he doing now? (Holding) for the hold for Heathrow? That would be a liberty too far if you ask me.

I think they try and fit them on other flights to Dublin where they can.

fr336 wrote: »

I won't post about this guy again unless I have something firm but what's he doing now? (Holding) for the hold for Heathrow? That would be a liberty too far if you ask me.

I'd day he's holding for Gatwick. I can't see there being many slots available in Heathrow at the moment!

zenno wrote: »
    There is no giving it a go when you are dealing with the safety of the passengers and crew, and the aircraft.

The above is paramount.

tell that to the pilot of UAL23!

anyways, I wasn't exactly being serious! jeez!

I'd day he's holding for Gatwick. I can't see there being many slots available in Heathrow at the moment!

I would totally agree, however I can't see much of a hold for Gatwick and he's on the same pattern as a BA for Heathrow. Time will tell :o

ETA: Ah forget that, BA was an outbound!

That is a Heathrow holding spot, there's a BA plane dancing with him.

flazio wrote: »

Now he's dancing in London while DUB is being blown to bits?! You've taken it too far this time, AAL290!!

I think London has universal holding patterns for use both Heathrow and Gatwick. could be wrong though, but i remember reading it somewhere years ago!

that said, Heathrow could be a base for AA as well, so they might get to sneak in alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

fr336 wrote: »
    Now he's dancing in London while DUB is being blown to bits?! You've taken it too far this time, AAL290!!

I'm tellin ya ! There must be some serious bargains on offer on Oxford street , he's seriously determined !!

Sky news atm saying winds to strengthen throughout the day !

What was that at DUB just now, something activated they're going to check out? Could be something or nothing

• Advertisement

looks like it could be Heathrow alright. seems like he's heading for approach.

Meanwhile FR102 / RYR829L is off the ground from SNN and en route to STN.
    ETD45 must be deciding soon.

Meanwhile FR102 / RYR829L is off the ground from SNN and en route to STN.
    ETD45 must be deciding soon.

think ETD said they had 10 mins of holding fuel left and were then going to make a decision.

edit: he's asking for MAN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Etihad looking like its coming out of its hold pattern now , possible approach attempt maybe ?

RYR880L from Liverpool is heading in now. He might as well not bothered to take off ;)

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Etihad looking like its coming out of its hold pattern now , possible approach attempt maybe ?
    Not from where I'm looking. Can BFS accomodate a Triple 7?

RYR880L from Liverpool is heading in now. He might as well not bothered to take off ;)

It's either worse weather wise this morning or some of the heavies are having the trouble. Could maybe go either way for RYR

Not sure... Etihad is looking for Manchester though.

FR535 / RYR902L also inbound.

• Advertisement

Ryanair back in town to show the visitors how it's done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement