Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

EK161 made it look pretty easy,a bit of rocking and rolling but got down easy enough. Looks like there's a great big puddle in the middle of 28/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭youknowwho

I think they may be trying for Dublin again....

Looks like back to the UK.

The wind is turning and the x wind component will increase in Dub

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

youknowwho wrote: »

looks like MAN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

lord lucan wrote: »
    EK161 made it look pretty easy,a bit of rocking and rolling but got down easy enough. Looks like there's a great big puddle in the middle of 28/10.

How do you make out there was rocking and rolling?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Thanks.

The Dubai flight just landed in Dublin. AFAIS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Mech1 wrote: »
    Morning all, aerial must still be up:D but my back garden fence is down:(

Pat.

I see you're in D16, I'm probably close by, but not much damage here surprisingly, roof is still intact :) Is your aerial roof-mounted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

lord lucan wrote: »

How are takeoffs at dublin? Im not even in the country so ive no idea what the wind is really like. I have family getting on the return EK161 flight (dont know the flight number off hand) coming to visit me abroad so ive been enjoying reading this thread keeping me updated with conditions over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

How are flights looking this morning coming into Dublin? Looks like we're due to fly from BHX to Dublin at 1 after being diverted last night, but we've been told nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

How do you make out there was rocking and rolling?

I was watching it through the window from t2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

bennyx_o wrote: »
    How are flights looking this morning coming into Dublin? Looks like we're due to fly from BHX to Dublin at 1 after being diverted last night, but we've been told nothing yet.

I've seen one recently divert to the UK (looks like Manchester). The rest seem to be landing ok. . . . Runway damp with no problems braking.

Was that the flight from Madrid you were on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Nothing beside that flight yet regarding eta. Other flights in from Europe around than just showing up delayed. Planes landing at the moment. Still gusty here.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 potato

What's the atc live link please?

Is there any better or complimentary apps for flightradarpro?

Was that the flight from Madrid you were on?

It was indeed! First time I've ever been diverted, but as I said earlier, it was fairly bumpy on approach to RWY16 and pilot seemed to give up fairly early on approach to RWY28, but then I'm not a pilot!
    EB_2013 wrote: »
    Nothing beside that flight yet regarding eta. Other flights in from Europe around than just showing up delayed. Planes landing at the moment. Still gusty here.

Just saw that on the Dublin Airport website, nothing confirmed on the Birmingham airport website either. At this stage I just want to get home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

It was indeed! First time I've ever been diverted, but as I said earlier, it was fairly bumpy on approach to RWY16 and pilot seemed to give up fairly early on approach to RWY28, but then I'm not a pilot!

That flight was the first I saw diverting last night and the first pilot I heard reporting wind shear. Circled off the coast of wicklow for a while and appeared to be on approach to land. . . .Asked for a final wind check.

When told of the speed he announced that the speed was outside his parameters and announced he was going to Birmingham.

He was offerred Shannon but turned it down when heard reports of wind speed there.

Was the flight bumpy? . . ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

potato wrote: »
    What's the atc live link please?

http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=eidw

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭youknowwho

There is a plane flying around Peterborough at almost 500knts and hopping between 7000 and 15000 identified as "STRIKE" - is this a military jet?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,691 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

This has to be a first - two Lufthansa aircraft arriving one after the other!

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

There is a plane flying around Peterborough at almost 500knts and hopping between 7000 and 15000 identified as "STRIKE" - is this a military jet?

Possibly, or it could be the privately owned BAC Strikemaster that was over here for Flightfest. I think it used the callsign "Strike" or "Strike01".

That flight was the first I saw diverting last night and the first pilot I heard reporting wind shear. Circled off the coast of wicklow for a while and appeared to be on approach to land. . . .Asked for a final wind check.

When told of the speed he announced that the speed was outside his parameters and announced he was going to Birmingham.

He was offerred Shannon but turned it down when heard reports of wind speed there.

Was the flight bumpy? . . ;)

Flight was fine for the most part, bumpiest part was the first approach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Danbo! wrote: »
    I see you're in D16, I'm probably close by, but not much damage here surprisingly, roof is still intact :) Is your aerial roof-mounted?

IMG_0547.jpg

yeah its still roof mounted at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

bahrain 747 sp coming into Dublin

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Savage thread and very interesting to read! I'm a nervous flyer, so its nice to see despite strong winds the pilots did their best to keep everyone safe! Thanks folks!

Flying myself in the morning, hopefully this wind subsides.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

drdeadlift wrote: »

Was looking at that, but its disappeared off my screen now.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

drdeadlift wrote: »

Where is it now? Looking on FR24

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Sully wrote: »
    Savage thread and very interesting to read! I'm a nervous flyer, so its nice to see despite strong winds the pilots did their best to keep everyone safe! Thanks folks!

and you can hear exactly whats going on thanks to the live atc

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Was showing Bahrain without a destination.
    Last I seen it was at 10000

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

A few holding over Greystones/Kilcoole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

FR331 told to reduce, they were following a heavy.. But it was FR233 ahead of it.. Did something else land that didn't appear on FR24?

EDIT: Bahrain getting a 'follow me' as unfamiliar

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement