Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

YbFocus wrote: »
    Going up for a look at Dublin if anyone wants a lift up? Via n7 and m50?

That's a very kind offer. Hats off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

No hassle men, anytime I'm heading up I'll mention it if I can give a lift to someone all the better, the more the merrier etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

down this time

I was monitoring that flight also and noticed that the altitude readings on approach are incorrect in Flightradar24 (about 1,000 ft too high). I use Planeplotter and the altitude readings are corrected by inputting the QNH (local area air pressure corrected to sea level). I couldn't find any similar adjustment in FR24. Is there any such correction available?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

No hassle men, anytime I'm heading up I'll mention it if I can give a lift to someone all the better, the more the merrier etc :)

Here's hoping you'll see my flight land safely! Still queuing at check-in in Birmingham :(

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Here's hoping you'll see my flight land safely! Still queuing at check-in in Birmingham :(

I was chatting you on the other thread three other day, wins to ease later.
    Your delay now should see you down without much hassle later :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I was chatting you on the other thread three other day, wins to ease later.
    Your delay now should see you down without much hassle later :)

Here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Here's hoping!

Still supposed to be rather gusty at the Airport til later this evening I believe, dont think any diversions but more than likely holdings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭kub

That was strange.
    An EI from Heathrow and an RYR were both heading for Cork in the last few minutes. The EI was ahead and he landed on 35 while RYR headed north and landed on 17.
    Does anyone know why, is it just different aircraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

kub wrote: »
    That was strange.
    An EI from Heathrow and an RYR were both heading for Cork in the last few minutes. The EI was ahead and he landed on 35 while RYR headed north and landed on 17.
    Does anyone know why, is it just different aircraft?

What were the winds - it may just be a case of what the pilot was more comfortable with

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Can anyone give me an update on FR443, can't get onto the app at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Its quicker to land on 35 and taxi in on twy A or twy C rather than land on 17 and backtrack.
    The wind is a direct crosswind.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Can anyone give me an update on FR443, can't get onto the app at the moment.

It's not scheduled to land for another 5 hours? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Yeah, but I can't see where it is coming from to see if its delayed at the moment. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Yeah, but I can't see where it is coming from to see if its delayed at the moment. Thanks

Liverpool. No status posted atm so assume on time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

This morning's diverted Etihad EY45 on finals now

Danbo! wrote: »
    This morning's diverted Etihad EY45 on finals now

Landed like there wasn't a breath of wind :)

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Landed like there wasn't a breath of wind :)

Good to hear, I'll be on it later. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

What a 24 hours it has been ! Who ever thought storm Erich could be so interesting and set new records (lows of 931mb).

On the thread alone since the storm started,

786 posts filled 53 pages of some of the best discussion and action on aircraft trying to get into Cork Shannon and Dublin airports with some serious go-arounds and diverts including, Manchester, Birmingham, Heathrow, Belfast and Prestwick we've ever seen. It may be a while before something similar happens again.

Big thanks to Mech1 for keeping his LiveATC feed going right through the night in tandem with FR24 keeping us all glued to the screen and guessing the next steps of the aircraft, it was a very entertaining day in Irish Aviation.

Finally big thanks to all the Air Lingus, Ryanair and Dublin/Shannon Air Traffic controllers for getting aircraft and passengers down safely in such horrendous conditions.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

RTE 6-1 news had a cracking video of the 747 go around in their main story on the weather. Might be worth a look on their player ( on phone so no link ).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

RTE 6-1 news had a cracking video of the 747 go around in their main story on the weather. Might be worth a look on their player ( on phone so no link ).

You can see the effect of the windsheer hitting him just before the go-around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Just had a power nap on the floor....up way too late listening to ATC last night. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

RTE ffs!

"..........and causing major travel disruption.........."

And they show one auld one lying on some seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Aestivalis

wow so Dublin is packed tonight it seems. Aer lingus is number 5 on finals now, and the ground seems jammers.

Is this the backlog from yesterday? Are all the stands full?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

G-POWD heading into DUB as EIN997..

http://fr24.com/EIN997

b757 wrote: »
    G-POWD heading into DUB as EIN997..

http://fr24.com/EIN997

Titan have taken over EI? :eek:;)

fr24 clearly having some off time during Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Probably a lease to clear the backlog

Probably a lease to clear the backlog

A lease from whom to whom?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Charter flight to cover for EI. Quite normal to see Titan operating for EI after weather like this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement