Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

N767A; Nice way to travel! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

b757 wrote: »
    N767A; Nice way to travel! :)

is this same plane? http://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=17758

or just same type?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Looks like MAN is going to be very busy soon, three US flights on the way in this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Looks like another EI plane is heading for Turin as Europe Airpost plane! EI-STA (ABR417J) and a video from Cork Airport

ATC called it Contract Shamrock funnily enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Had a pretty bumpy flight yesterday on the Etihad to AD route, leaving Dublin at 8:20. About 4 hours in was woken with my arse of the seat and legs and arms in the air.

• Advertisement

Mech1 wrote: »
    is this same plane? http://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=17758

or just same type?

Same type, just an incorrect hex code on the aircraft I'd say..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Mc Love wrote: »
    ATC called it Contract Shamrock funnily enough

Ad hoc charter for EI from Air Contractors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Aestivalis

Hmm, diversion or an error?

cIgpUSr.jpg

Aestivalis wrote: »
    Hmm, diversion or an error?

IMG*]

Scheduled flight to Cork from Newcastle (Every Friday and Sunday, and due to end soon). Just incorrect information on FR24.

Nice rare DC8 passed South of Waterford. ATI N602AL, over Strumble now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Just been having a read around on the web about the frequencies used for airports, airlines etc and now wondering what an air-to-air frequency is? I can think of an obvious answer but perhaps not.

And why is there a Ryanair ops frequency listed as being situated at LHR?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

I see United 960 (JFK-BRU) taxiing down R16 at DUB now. Earlier diversion?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

Jude13 wrote: »
    Had a pretty bumpy flight yesterday on the Etihad to AD route, leaving Dublin at 8:20. About 4 hours in was woken with my arse of the seat and legs and arms in the air.

Could have been the curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

fr336 wrote: »
    Just been having a read around on the web about the frequencies used for airports, airlines etc and now wondering what an air-to-air frequency is? I can think of an obvious answer but perhaps not.

And why is there a Ryanair ops frequency listed as being situated at LHR?

Air to air freq is just one that airborne stations (ie aircraft) use to talk to each other. 123.45 is one. Aircraft use lots of other frequencies to talk to each other on too, 121.5 (emergency freq) or their company frequencies.
    No idea why Ryanair have an ops freq based at LHR. I guess it's fairly quiet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Nortcider

fr336 wrote: »

I've heard air to air stuff on the scanner before. Usually just a bit of banter or questions regarding turbulence/wind speed at whatever level the other plane is flying at. I think the frequency is (or was) 123.45. Sometimes ATC might request that a plane relay a message to another that is out of the ATC comms range so probably used for that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Is anyone looking at the dublin to lanzoarte flight looks like it diverted somewhere in France and then continuted it's journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Is anyone looking at the dublin to lanzoarte flight looks like it diverted somewhere in France and then continuted it's journey.

Hi Anxious, a link to the aircraft, the flight number or aircraft reg might help for others to look it up, with so many aircraft in the sky its not always easy to find one based on A-B

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Apologies EI778

Looks like a Flightradar glitch. Didn't divert - it would be a very unusual route for it to take if it did.

Is it this flight you are anxious about, or are you anxious in general?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

We've seen that same/similar glitch a month or two or three back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If the ETA is right he hasn't lost any time..:confused:

KoolKid wrote: »
    If the ETA is right he hasn't lost any time..:confused:

'warp speed mr Scott, make it so'

If your having difficulty finding a flight, use the filters built into FR24, example if you click the filter tab then select the Airport button, Then type DUB in the IATA box and then press add filter you only have the Dublin airport flights showing on the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

If your having difficulty finding a flight, use the filters built into FR24, example if you click the filter tab then select the Airport button, Then type DUB in the IATA box and then press add filter you only have the Dublin airport flights showing on the map.

Sounds great, but I cant seem to be able to do it on my iPhone app, quick question for you Mech1, are the UK atc frequencies blocked on LiceATC? I can never seem to find them

It is illegal in the uk to listen to ATC, personal use gets a byball but to broadcast would be asking for trouble. Liveatc wont accept feeders living in the UK for this reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

It is illegal in the uk to listen to ATC, personal use gets a byball but to broadcast would be asking for trouble. Liveatc wont accept feeders living in the UK for this reason.

Ah very good, I was wondering why, answered my question, thanks very much for that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,123 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

air-to-air frequency is?
    122.75 is actually the published FAA frequency for Air to Air between aircraft, although we also use 122.8 when coordinating landings at non controlled airports, and 123.45 at other times. However some believe that 121.5 is the correct frequency for NFL scores :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

That's great Mech thank you!

smurfjed wrote: »
    122.75 is actually the published FAA frequency for Air to Air between aircraft, although we also use 122.8 when coordinating landings at non controlled airports, and 123.45 at other times. However some believe that 121.5 is the correct frequency for NFL scores :)

Smurfjed, I presume you use 123.45 crossing the Atlantic as that's the designated air to air in NATS.
    IIRC, uncontrolled airports in the US have a published frequency for air to air for aircraft using the airfield. I vaguely remember being able to order pizza on the way in too :). May have been a different freq.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,061 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Is this a contract plane?
    http://www.flightradar24.com/SHT8A

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement