Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Tis down!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Typical just as I turned it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Not as dramatic as last week... Anything else due in or is that it?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Shamrock231

Aer Arann landing in Emergency down in ORK right now, emergency services lined up along the runway and ambulances called in from around Cork County...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

He's landed.

I live just mile south of 10 and I could hear the wind as he was landing. It's quite fierce.
    Aer Arann landing in Emergency down in ORK right now, emergency services on standby and ambulances called in from around Cork County...

Did he say the nature of the emergency?

I think ORK is out of MLAT coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Next into DUB is estimated 04:20

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

whats happening now on the radio, some EI plane leaving hanger 6 for checks or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I can't see anything at all as regards Irish arrivals... Could be it until the cargo and the transatlantic birds in the morning.

Aer Arann landing in Emergency down in ORK right now, emergency services lined up along the runway and ambulances called in from around Cork County...

Quoting for note. Hope everything is ok.

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    He's landed.

I live just mile south of 10 and I could hear the wind as he was landing. It's quite fierce.

Did he say the nature of the emergency?

I think ORK is out of MLAT coverage.

Listening in now, landed safely, downgraded to a Pan-Pan-Pan and emergency services are following him onto stand...

Pilot sounds very relived to be back on the ground over the radios...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

landed 3 minutes ago, must be a medical emergency.

landed 3 minutes ago, must be a medical emergency.

No, they held for about 12 minutes before taking the approach, would have come straight in if it were a medical emergency, and there'd have been no need for the fire crew lining the runway...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

whats happening now on the radio, some EI plane leaving hanger 6 for checks or something?

Company tow from parking stands to hangar 6 (Aer Lingus Maintenance) for maintenance checks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Anyone know the story with the Aer Arann? Did it have to land in winds above normal allowed?

Apparently there was some uncertainty as to whether the landing gear was down and locked before landing, but looked like all turned out well anyways in the end...

Apparently the Aer Arann emergency landing at ORK was on the third attempt at landing?! I thought it was two go arounds then diversion? Very well done to the crew either way; conditions sounded fierce.

According to this post over on PPRuNe the aircraft was covered in a layer of sea salt out of the blue while flying... :confused:

http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/259153-cork-5-a-238.html#post8243855

According to this post over on PPRuNe the aircraft was covered in a layer of sea salt out of the blue while flying... :confused:

http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/259153-cork-5-a-238.html#post8243855

I think the poster on prrune may be confused. Just listening back to the tapes and think that was about the aircraft that had come in before the emergency and they were passing on the advice to the one we were talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Any chance of a link to the act feed archive?

Any chance of a link to the act feed archive?

https://liveatc.net/archive.php?m=eick2

Thursday 2nd Jan, 2330-0000. You have to sit and wait for stuff or browse through it and hope for the best though :P I'm listening to the 2300-2330 now but haven't actually heard any mayday or anything to do with the aircraft in question yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,065 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The Cork feed doesn't have the approach frequency it appears, just the Tower.

flazio wrote: »
    The Cork feed doesn't have the approach frequency it appears, just the Tower.

Ahh!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

EI104 taking an unusual routing back home until you see where the storm is sitting. They are currently taking a fix for an ILS onto RWY16.

Wind is 200 @ 18kts 170v230 in Dublin

287045.jpg

287046.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

EY45 just gone around at DUB?

irlrobins wrote: »
    EY45 just gone around at DUB?

Yep maybe winds causing the trouble again. Two takeoffs just now though.

Are you listening to atc irlrobins?

fr336 wrote: »
    Yep maybe winds causing the trouble again.

Are you listening to atc irlrobins?

Yeah just tuned in. Looks like they've entered holding pattern. Wind gusting to 44kts apparently

Yeah just tuned in. Looks like they've entered holding pattern. Wind gusting to 44kts apparently

EY45 just asked ATC for weather at Manchester and Shannon so might divert. Wind at shannon also gusting to around 40kts.

EY45 just asked ATC for weather at Manchester and Shannon so might divert. Wind at shannon also gusting to around 40kts.

My feed player keeps jamming sadly.

Come on ETD45, make a decision! Our entertainment is your prime objective, surely?

• Advertisement

Max gust down to 37

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement