Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    I think ORK is out of MLAT coverage.

Missed this myself, and there is no MLAT here.

According to this post over on PPRuNe the aircraft was covered in a layer of sea salt out of the blue while flying... :confused:

Darn it, I heard her saying that, a sort of smoke or fog just covered the windscreen.

I was not monitoring EICK [separately] and I could not see her ~ {no MLAT}, I had just checked in before going to bed, I could hear my scanner monitoring the emergency services spring into life as dove under the covers, but I went to sleep. Dems the breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

I was on UA23 this morning from Newark

Scariest flight I've ever been on and this is coming from someone who flies weekly...
    Plane was stuck on runway in Newark for 2 hours whilst they figured out to whether to take off or return, 300 flights cancelled from Newark except transatlantic. The plane was de iced twice. Very very bumpy flight , teas and waters going everywhere... Was ok once out over Halifax and through the eastern US storm.

The flight into dublin was very scary, pilot was circling for 50mins or so before he tried to land, he got about 400 foot before he pulled up, then went straight sideways into the gusts. To say the plane got blown around is an understatement, there was screams and more screams! Pilot climbed and went around again and then said over the intercom that the plane , a 757 was too small to land in these conditions and we were heading for Shannon.
    He then said Shannon was now windy so they were opening up a longer runway in order to see can they land. No mention of fuel emergency but I thought having circled for an hour and been on the runway for two, they must have been short on fuel.. Was out of Irish Sea getting knocked around .
    2nd time was scary too but landed straight into the gusts..
    I was really shaken along with all the passengers

11732216224_4462b63bdd_b.jpg
    UA23 Missed Approach 16 by niallsaviation, on Flickr
    11732575106_15d8f4b3ba_b.jpg
    UA23 Second try 28 by niallsaviation, on Flickr
    11732078103_bde7b5c647_b.jpg
    UA23 by niallsaviation, on Flickr

The take off an hour later was just as interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

billie1b wrote: »
    Depends on where its cheapest, if it was going to MAN this morning and the fuel price is higher here, they will usually just take a standard amount here and then fill up as close to the limits as they can in MAN to bring home the extra

Billie, you have some unusual ideas regarding fuel management. I would imagine tankering for cost is somewhere around the bottom of the list of factors when considering extra fuel for most pilots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Billie, you have some unusual ideas regarding fuel management. I would imagine tankering for cost is somewhere around the bottom of the list of factors when considering extra fuel for most pilots.

No its usually on their flightplan if they have to tanker or not, crazy to think but its true, not all airlines do it but some do

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

irlrobins wrote: »
    AFR1578 declaring PAN with flaps

11732973596_cd555613f2_b.jpg
    AF1578 by niallsaviation, on Flickr
    11732614724_e6669797d8_b.jpg
    AF1578 by niallsaviation, on Flickr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I'm flying from Dublin to London on Sunday at 7pm. Will my flight go and if so, will the flight be petrifying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

billie1b wrote: »
    No its usually on their flightplan if they have to tanker or not, crazy to think but its true, not all airlines do it but some do

Just because a flight planner may put tankering of fuel on their flight plan, it's still not the primary concern regarding a decision to take extra fuel. And most airlines won't tell their pilots that they 'have to' tanker fuel. Most airlines leave final fuel decisions up to their pilots. That's not to say pilots won't tanker if operationally it's possible and there's a saving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Just because a flight planner may put tankering of fuel on their flight plan, it's still not the primary concern regarding a decision to take extra fuel. And most airlines won't tell their pilots that they 'have to' tanker fuel. Most airlines leave final fuel decisions up to their pilots. That's not to say pilots won't tanker if operationally it's possible and there's a saving.

Yes you are correct, they have to tanker at all times when possible, I have worked it out thousands of times for tanker fuel, did a LPL flight one morning with 12000kgs on it as it was a tanker, as with the RE flight this morning, I never said they had or had to tanker but the possibility that he/she did tanker in MAN is very high and thats why they could hold for so long (over an hour I believe) and make 2 approaches and a diversion to Belfast. Was just my opinion on the situation

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

I'm flying from Dublin to London on Sunday at 7pm. Will my flight go and if so, will the flight be petrifying?

IamtheWalrus - you have not mentioned what airline you are flying and this is not really something that can be answered right now on this forum. Best thing to do it monitor your airlines website for updates, there is no reason right now (weather) that would stop the flight from departing.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Can you help fill in the blanks where the FR24 main Irish ADS-B receivers are located: I will try to get a Mod to move this to the first page when its nearly complete.

ADS-B RECEIVER:
    F-EIWF1 - Top Blackstairs Mountains (South East)
    F-EINN1 -
    F-EIDW1
    N-EIDW2
    T-EIKN2 -
    T-EIKN3
    F-EGNS1
    F-EGNS2
    N-EGCC1 Manchester.
    F-EGAA1
    T-EGNR12
    N-EGCC1
    F-EGPF1

MLAT
    T-MLAT - Cumulative Network

• Registered Users Posts: 68,652 ✭✭✭✭L1011

T-MLAT is the cumulative network of all the MLAT receivers as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Few go-arounds now.

boyos are back with the lasers again, garda helicopter doing the rounds for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Aphex

REA7NC Diverting to Belfast..

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ShanE90

He's Heading to Aldergrove now although they're still landing on 28 at EIDW

ShanE90 wrote: »
    He's Heading to Aldergrove now although they're still landing on 28 at EIDW

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭whats_my_name

Aphex wrote: »
    :confused:

Aldergrove is Belfast International!

Edit: Meant to say is Aldergrove Belfast International?? Sitting outside airport here with very limited coverage, waiting on my friends sister coming from Italy! Friend went inside to get sister over an hour ago & still hasn't appeared & can't get her on her phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Few go-arounds now.

boyos are back with the lasers again, garda helicopter doing the rounds for them

bunch of idiots

• Advertisement

Aldergrove is Belfast International!

I know that, but I didn't get what the above poster meant by "although they're still landing on 28 at EIDW".

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭whats_my_name

Aphex wrote: »
    I know that, but I didn't get what the above poster meant by "although they're still landing on 28 at EIDW".

Read my edit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

http://www.flightradar24.com/NAX4RL

Norwegian medical diversion...heavy landing so local fire standby

• Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Seems to be a lot of cricling around - is this normal, or is it just Dublin? Weatehr seems ok...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Seems to be a lot of cricling around - is this normal, or is it just Dublin? Weatehr seems ok...

Maybe the medical emergency mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Landed ok

Are there usually this many Norwegians heading through Ireland? Maybe just noticing them more today..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

fr336 wrote: »
    Maybe the medical emergency mentioned above.

I thought that, but it seems to be every time I look in. And would the emergency have effected three or four planes?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

The Norwegian medical emergency seems to have caused some circling, but they've all landed now.

• Advertisement

I thought that, but it seems to be every time I look in. And would the emergency have effected three or four planes?

If they needed to get it in ahead of them all, yes. But then possibly something else too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement