Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

UAE161 lining up for an approach for 16. Have many 777's landed on that runway before?

Would love to be at that viewpoint before runway 16's threshold seeing that beast pass overhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

EB_2013 wrote: »
    UAE161 lining up for an approach for 16. Have many 777's landed on that runway before?

Would love to be at that viewpoint before runway 16's threshold seeing that beast pass overhead.

Looks impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Another go around REA32DU

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

EI33L goes around on 28 just as the wind picks up a bit with gusts of 41 kts

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Mech1 wrote: »
    Another go around REA32DU

one now also...Aerlingus from Berlin.

why is it that Aerlingus (even excluding the ATRs) seem to go around much more than Ryanair?

• Advertisement

EI33L giving it another go now, reported low level windshear as the reason for the go-around. Diverting to SNN if they don't get in this time ...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Strumms wrote: »
    EI33L giving it another go now, reported low level windshear as the reason for the go-around. Diverting to SNN if they don't get in this time ...

he offered them 16 about 10 seconds before that. why on earth would they divert, if another runway is available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

he offered them 16 about 10 seconds before that. why on earth would they divert, if another runway is available?

Well they got it on the ground anyway.... It would take more fuel to position for an approach to 16 for a third go without the guarantee of getting down so maybe heading straight to SNN would be the safer option taking into account fuel reserves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

With windshear, it doesn't really matter how many runways are available, or what direction they are in*

*I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Delta 477 diverted into Shannon yesterday (Monday 6th @ 13:47 GMT)
    and I can't find any trace of it on FR24.
    Any reason why?

Delta 477 (DAL477)
    Barcelona to New York
    Boeing 767-332(ER)
    N178DZ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

one now also...Aerlingus from Berlin.

why is it that Aerlingus (even excluding the ATRs) seem to go around much more than Ryanair?

Basically on an Airbus a windsheer alert generates an automatic response from the FMC and its the FMC that decides if the aircraft will go around, on a boeing aircraft its the pilot who will decide to go around with windsheer alerts

Full_TiltKeith - I posted the link you just posted, check my post again.

Confusion :)

I'm asking why the flight is not showing on FR24, not why the flight diverted (due to the passenger)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Full_TiltKeith - I posted the link you just posted, check my post again.

Confusion :)

I'm asking why the flight is not showing on FR24, not why the flight diverted (due to the passenger)

Its already arrived in JFK, landed at 18pm local time New York

billie1b wrote: »
    Its already arrived in JFK, landed at 18pm local time New York

FR24 has a playback section showing flight archives, not just live traffic and this flight landing in Shannon earlier is not on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭MoeJay

billie1b wrote: »
    Basically on an Airbus a windsheer alert generates an automatic response from the FMC and its the FMC that decides if the aircraft will go around, on a boeing aircraft its the pilot who will decide to go around with windsheer alerts

That's not quite correct. There is a predictive windshear function which is processed via the FWC and weather radar and displays an area of likely windshear to the crew on the ND. It is up to the crew to decide whether to continue or to go around e.g. the area of displayed windshear is past the landing runway and actually in the go around path...the Airbus also has a reactive windshear system with which there is no choice; a go around is mandatory. Fortunately doesn't the FMC doesn't decide anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Any reason why?

Delta 477 (DAL477)
    Barcelona to New York
    Boeing 767-332(ER)
    N178DZ

Oddly that 767 doesn't have ADS-B so it only shows up on MLAT, so you can't see it on FR24. A couple of Delta 767s are like this

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

Any reason why?

Delta 477 (DAL477)
    Barcelona to New York
    Boeing 767-332(ER)
    N178DZ

Woman arrested in Shannon due to an air rage incident.
    Turns out the woman in question is the niece of Ralph Lauren

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Any reason why?

Delta 477 (DAL477)
    Barcelona to New York
    Boeing 767-332(ER)
    N178DZ

Have you listened to when the initial call to atc to turn back came? Guessing it was to Shanwick then SNN?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

fr336 wrote: »
    Have you listened to when the initial call to atc to turn back came? Guessing it was to Shanwick then SNN?

Is that online?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Is that online?

I'd think it would be on the liveatc archives for Shanwick and SNN, no? :o

I'd think it would be on the liveatc archives for Shanwick and SNN, no? :o

If I could find it ! What feed should i select?

Where or what is shanwick for s start?!

EDIT - think I have it...

EDIT - No mention of the incident?

If I could find it ! What feed should i select?

Where or what is shanwick for s start?!

http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=einn

Either of those two but you'd need to know the exact time unless you want to sit there for ages :p (I usually would tbh, guess I'm just feeling a bit more under the weather than usual today!)

This probably won't be a great definition of Shanwick but my understanding is that it covers Irish airspace and a good deal of Atlantic traffic too. Responsibility is shared with Prestwick in Scotland, hence Shan(Shannon)Wick(Prestwick).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanwick_Oceanic_Control

http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=einn

Either of those two but you'd need to know the exact time unless you want to sit there for ages :p (I usually would tbh, guess I'm just feeling a bit more under the weather than usual today!)

This probably won't be a great definition of Shanwick but my understanding is that it covers Irish airspace and a good deal of Atlantic traffic too. Responsibility is shared with Prestwick in Scotland, hence Shan(Shannon)Wick(Prestwick).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanwick_Oceanic_Control

Thatought that's what you meant. Had the wrong Shannon feed.

Thatought that's what you meant. Had the wrong Shannon feed.

http://www.liveatc.net/archive.php?m=einn_high

http://www.liveatc.net/archive.php?m=einn2

These are the archives it should be in there somewhere I'll have a look later myself

Blue Punto wrote: »
    Woman arrested in Shannon due to an air rage incident.
    Turns out the woman in question is the niece of Ralph Lauren

Confusion again :)
    My post has a link it it. The link identifies the Niece of Ralph Lauren in the article.
    My post in the FR24 thread refers to the fact that the Aircraft in question does not have an ADS-B receiver and cannot be found on FR24, it is not in relation to why the flight was diverted. We know that part ;)

I listened and could not hear it, I checked both Shannon high level
    and also Shannon Approach, I eventually could only hear the aircraft turning finals for Runway 24 in Shannon and changing frequency to the tower, not the initial divert radio call.

I listened and could not hear it, I checked both Shannon high level
    and also Shannon Approach, I eventually could only hear the aircraft turning finals for Runway 24 in Shannon and changing frequency to the tower, not the initial divert radio call.

Ok thanks Diesel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

What aircraft are not showing up on FR24 at all ?

Big 4 engine plane flew over at 11 am heading west but not showing up on the app

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement