Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

weisses wrote: »
    What aircraft are not showing up on FR24 at all ?
    Big 4 engine plane flew over at 11 am heading west but not showing up on the app

From FR24-

Aircraft visible on Flightradar24 (within ADS-B coverage)

Common aircraft models that usually have an ADS-B transponder and are visible on Flightradar24 (within ADS-B coverage):

All Airbus models (A300, A310, A318, A319, A320, A321, A330, A340, A350, A380)
    Antonov AN-148 and AN-158
    ATR 72-600 (most new deliveries)
    BAe ATP
    BAe Avro RJ70, RJ85, RJ100
    Boeing 737, 747, 757, 767, 777, 787
    Bombardier CS100 and CS300
    Embraer E190 (most new deliveries)
    Fokker 70 and 100
    McDonnell Douglas MD-10, MD-11
    Sukhoi SuperJet 100
    Some newer Ilyushin and Tupolev (for example Il-96 and TU-204)

Common aircraft models that usually do not have an ADS-B transponder and are not visible on Flightradar24 (within ADS-B coverage):

"Air Force One"
    Antonov AN-124 and AN-225
    ATR 42, 72 (except most new deliveries of ATR 72-600)
    Boeing 707, 717, 727, 737-200, 747-100, 747-200, 747SP
    BAe Jetstream 31 and 32
    All Bombardier CRJ models
    All Bombardier Dash models
    All CASA models
    All Dornier models
    All Embraer models (except most new deliveries of Embraer E190)
    De Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter
    Fokker 50
    McDonnell Douglas DC-9, MD-8x, MD-90
    Saab 340 and 2000
    Most helicopters
    Most older aircraft
    Most business jets
    Most military aircraft
    Most propeller aircraft

Of course there are lots of exceptions from these rules.

There are some older A300, A310, A320, B737, B747, B757, B767, MD10, MD11 aircraft flying without an ADS-B transponder, which make those aircraft invisible on Flightradar24 when in areas with ADS-B coverage only.
    There are also some Twin Otters, Saab 340, Saab 2000 and MD-80 aircraft with an ADS-B transponder that are visible on Flightradar24.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,652 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You'll also get the majority of those plans visible where there's MLAT coverage - but there isn't in Dingle at the moment.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I was watching a flight on this earlier, one my parents were on. I was just checking how they were getting on and its no longer showing on the radar but it hasn't arrived yet. Why is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Sully wrote: »
    I was watching a flight on this earlier, one my parents were on. I was just checking how they were getting on and its no longer showing on the radar but it hasn't arrived yet. Why is that?

fr24 technical issue. The arrival boards not being updated yet. Any number of issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Aphex

Sully wrote: »

Some older aircraft can only be viewed on the map when they are above a certain height and where there is MLAT coverage.

I'm guessing the flight was an Aer Aran flight and the aircraft was one of the older ATR's in the fleet.

• Advertisement

I can't wait for airlines to introduce WiFi. FR24 while on the flight and following the thread!
    Watch out for my 6am flight to Frankfurt on Sunday with Lufthansa ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

anyone know what this is?

http://www.flightradar24.com/EXS51K

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

Possibly just come of a maintenance check in Luton and undergoing a flight test then returning to base.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

I can't wait for airlines to introduce WiFi. FR24 while on the flight and following the thread!
    Watch out for my 6am flight to Frankfurt on Sunday with Lufthansa ;)

You already can if you fly with Norwegian.

http://youtu.be/Mzv1VlaBf_8

I hope wifi becomes the norm on short haul European flights over the next 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

BA 747 currently crossing the country East-west at the moment with the call sign AGRSOR11. anyone?

• Advertisement

BA 747 currently crossing the country East-west at the moment with the call sign AGRSOR11. anyone?

That is odd. Just looks like a regular flight from London to the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

Showing up as BAW 0000 on plane finder
    Dont have my SBS plugged in so I cant offer any help

Blue Punto wrote: »
    Showing up as BAW 0000 on plane finder
    Dont have my SBS plugged in so I cant offer any help

A bit of a different feeling callsign in itself.

Some FR training at East Midlands in the UK today! http://www.flightradar24.com/RYR100T

Irish 258 also showing, inbound cork by the looks of it.

Irish 258 also showing, inbound cork by the looks of it.

?

Govt. Learjet.

Govt. Learjet.

Oh I can't find that

Just listening to ORK now and it's doing a touch and go apparently

It did surely, off to Knock now for another ILS approach.

Lufthansa A330 D-AIKR off the west coast has just turned around and is heading back east. possibal divert to DUB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Lufthansa A330 D-AIKR off the west coast has just turned around and is heading back east. possibal divert to DUB.

Seems to have leveled off at FL250 - burning off fuel perhaps? Might just be heading back home...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Deu

Someone on twitter said it was going to Liverpool and it looks to be heading that way now, any idea why Liverpool and not Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Deu wrote: »
    Someone on twitter said it was going to Liverpool and it looks to be heading that way now, any idea why Liverpool and not Dublin?

No...I do recall LPL handling some diversions in the past as it was quieter than MAN but fully equipped to deal with diversions/emergencies etc but this was back in the 1990's when it would have been far less busy than it is now (pre EZY/RYR).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

peter1892 wrote: »
    No...I do recall LPL handling some diversions in the past as it was quieter than MAN but fully equipped to deal with diversions/emergencies etc but this was back in the 1990's when it would have been far less busy than it is now (pre EZY/RYR).

Off to MAN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

Medical emergency

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

IngazZagni wrote: »
    You already can if you fly with Norwegian.

http://youtu.be/Mzv1VlaBf_8

I hope wifi becomes the norm on short haul European flights over the next 5 years.

Thing is they shut it off on approach

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

urajoke wrote: »
    Medical emergency

Strange that if it's a medical emergency it didn't go to the nearest airport, which would have been Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Zcott wrote: »
    Strange that if it's a medical emergency it didn't go to the nearest airport, which would have been Shannon.

Maybe it depends on the type of medical emergency and the facilities available in the vicinity of the nearest airport?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

Zcott wrote: »

It's not as simple as going to the nearest hospital, which would have been Sligo or Donegal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

It's an A330, no, so getting to Sligo or Donegal would have been quite difficult. Limerick has a major tertiary referral centre, and even if that wasn't sufficient was Dublin nearer? Can't think off the top of my head what medical services are available in Manchester that aren't available in Dublin. Interesting decision alright.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement