Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

Razor44 wrote: »
    Excellent! B) fair play to him

planeplotter? do tell!

http://www.coaa.co.uk/planeplotter.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

pfurey101 wrote: »
    Theres a young lad on the south side of Dublin now with an FR24 MLAT receiver and feeds the DUB area. FR24 supply these boxes after they audit your location, view and hardware. PlanePlotter is still required for even more MLAT plots.

I'm not sure if I am who pfurey101 is talking about but I installed a receiver in Dalkey around 2 weeks ago. I know a few people in Ireland were expecting to install receivers shortly, so hopefully coverage will only increase. There does seem to be a lot more small planes showing which is good. I wish there was a way to get all the small aircraft from Weston, Newcastle etc showing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I am who pfurey101 is talking about but I installed a receiver in Dalkey around 2 weeks ago. I know a few people in Ireland were expecting to install receivers shortly, so hopefully coverage will only increase. There does seem to be a lot more small planes showing which is good. I wish there was a way to get all the small aircraft from Weston, Newcastle etc showing.

Put in an application last week to FR24 but still no word back. I ordered a dongle anyway so when i get that up and running i will broadcast to FR24 regardless. I never realised the equipment was so cheap otherwise i would have done this a long time ago. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

Vuzuggu wrote: »

Not you Vuzuggu but thats brilliant, now there are at least 2 in the Dublin area. The more we have the better-er the plots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Interesting spot just crossing the country now

283229.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,054 ✭✭✭✭flazio

RYR331 has done a turn back for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

yqjp.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dont see these that often! heading for SNN by the look of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Looks a bit congested over UK this morning - technical problems with ATC somewhere ?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭chinwag

Flight KL281 from Amsterdam to San Francisco returning to Amsterdam.

http://www.flightradar24.com/KLM281

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Looks a bit congested over UK this morning - technical problems with ATC somewhere ?

Yep, from RTE:
    A number of flights to and from Ireland have been delayed because of technical issues with air traffic control at Swanwick Airport in Southern England.

Flights from Dublin Airport have been affected and intending passengers should check with their airline for updates.
    Aer Lingus have said the majority of flights out of Ireland are being affected by the technical issues at the British National Air Traffic Control Service (NATS).

A spokesperson said that flights departing from Ireland travel eastwards over UK airspace, therefore many flights are delayed at present with the possibility of cancellations later.

Meanwhile Ryanair has warned there will be "significant flight delays and possible cancellations also".
    A spokeswoman for Dublin Airport said: "I understand that there are some flight delays as a result of air traffic control issues in the UK."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭JamieIsGod

Dream lifter currently over Trim

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

How accurate is flightradar24? Just wondering as I see all the flights this morning criss-crossing the sky over Limerick!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

its extremely accurate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

its extremely accurate

As long as there is multiple receivers yes it is extremely accurate, the less receivers there are the accuracy reduces not hugely but you will notice some small issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

Mc Love wrote: »
    How accurate is flightradar24? Just wondering as I see all the flights this morning criss-crossing the sky over Limerick!

also not every aircraft is ADB-S equipped. so it might not show up on FR24. thats why they are now rolling out MLAT receiver's

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

MLAT coverage over Ireland has improved quite alot recently- Aer Arann stuff inbound to Shannon/Kerry/Cork now visible above around FL100

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Its quite interesting to note the planes that are flying above our heads! Amazing also that planes are up so high from taking off at LHR as one said it was at 36k feet already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Qantas A380 doing a u turn back to London,

miok.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

http://www.flightradar24.com/QFA2

Another Qantas return?

Edit: same one !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

Just noticed that myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

FR 6673 from Liverpool to Knock did a circle around Knock for a bit, now over Belfast and heading north. I think I heard atc at Knock advising them to contact Scottish control - not sure if it's now heading to Scotland or Scottish cover this area of atc?

ETA: Now might be coming back on itself. Burning fuel for a divert somewhere that isn't Knock? This is maybe the second time in a week I've seen a flight do this at Knock. The other circled for about 45 mins then diverted to Dublin.

http://www.flightradar24.com/RYR840T

Was listening to Connaught ATC, diverting to Aldergrove. Noticing a FR doin a go around in DUB all other flights put on hold. liveatc website is down. :(

Many thanks for that flazio..any idea why? (You'd probably say if you knew, so apologies if so!) Not heard of Aldergrove before - why not a larger airport? Strange.. But interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

fr336 wrote: »
    FR 6673 from Liverpool to Knock did a circle around Knock for a bit, now over Belfast and heading north. I think I heard atc at Knock advising them to contact Scottish control - not sure if it's now heading to Scotland or Scottish cover this area of atc?

ETA: Now might be coming back on itself. Burning fuel for a divert somewhere that isn't Knock? This is maybe the second time in a week I've seen a flight do this at Knock. The other circled for about 45 mins then diverted to Dublin.

http://www.flightradar24.com/RYR840T

Scotland centre control a bit of Northern Irish airspace

billie1b wrote: »
    Scotland centre control a bit of Northern Irish airspace

Ah thanks

Many thanks for that flazio..any idea why? (You'd probably say if you knew, so apologies if so!) Not heard of Aldergrove before - why not a larger airport? Strange.. But interesting!

Pilot unhappy with weather conditions, Connaught Tower contacted FR ops, told him to try DUB or Belfast international (which I think is Aldergrove) Pilot opted for Aldergrove

flazio wrote: »
    Pilot unhappy with weather conditions, Connaught Tower contacted FR ops, told him to try DUB or Belfast international (which I think is Aldergrove) Pilot opted for Aldergrove

Ah thanks :) Yes was just looking up Aldergrove and think you're right. Are Knock and Cork the most reguarly tricky Irish airports for weather?

flazio wrote: »
    Was listening to Connaught ATC, diverting to Aldergrove. Noticing a FR doin a go around in DUB all other flights put on hold. liveatc website is down. :(

I'm new here so don't want to sound patronising but it'll probably be archived within the hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Looks like he just landed....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Neworder79

Ah thanks :) Yes was just looking up Aldergrove and think you're right. Are Knock and Cork the most reguarly tricky Irish airports for weather?

Very windy today with gusts up to 120km. Gusting over aircraft limit with a 90 degree crosswind will lead to a diversion at any airport. 45kt gusts at DUB at same time may have led to Aldergrove choice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement