Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

flazio wrote: »
    Apologies, I thought you had took that yourself Diesel Power. Moving on...
    Quick question, I know the approach/hold waypoint for RWY 27 at Knock is ENULA but what's the point over Castlebar to the west of the airport called? Would be used for approach to RWY 9.

It doesn't have a specific name the procedure starts at CON VOR and routes via the FAF final approach fix

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

http://www.thejournal.ie/emergency-landing-1258375-Jan2014/

A US AIRWAYS flight was forced to return to Dublin Airport this afternoon after experiencing electrical problems in the air.
    A spokesperson for Dublin Airport Authority confirmed that the flight, which had left Dublin this afternoon for Philadephia, landed safely. The DAA’s fire brigade attended the landing as a precaution but the incident has now been stood down.
    A source told TheJournal.ie that a full emergency had been declared due to electrical problems while the aircraft was in the air, not long after it left the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

whats the deal with this Omni Air flight that just landed in Shannon a while ago?

i know its an American Army flight...would it always be full or sometimes one of the legs would be a positioning flight?

is it a refuel stop or do they get off and stay overnight?

the flight tonight appears to have came from kazakhstan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

whats the deal with this Omni Air flight that just landed in Shannon a while ago?

i know its an American Army flight...would it always be full or sometimes one of the legs would be a positioning flight?

is it a refuel stop or do they get off and stay overnight?

the flight tonight appears to have came from kazakhstan.

While positioning it uses the Omni callsign (OAE), and while carrying troops they use the callsign "Camber" (CMB).

Some usually come from US Air bases in the US and depart to places like Kazakhstan and Kuwait.

Used to be up to 10? DC10 omni flights a day into SNN a few years back, going mad I never got a chance to see them. Now you may see 2/3 a few days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭555guy

another one on the wy into SNN now .
    http://www.flightradar24.com/OAE504

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

It's heading out now, flight number CMB504.

I suspect Kazakhstan as I was tracking another flight out of there earlier (now gone of fr24) that I thought may land in SNN but instead kept heading for its final destination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,898 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Went out of range more like. Knocking off your transponder wouldn't be appreciated by ATC and aircraft that are requested to be private on FR24 still show but as "BLOCKED".

Flightradar only has so much coverage - its provided by volunteers with units. ADS-B coverage is much better than the Mode S multilateration (MLAT) but even it has its limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Just looking on fr24 and can't seem to find the aer lingus NY JFK or Boston O'hare flights with the filters on! I know there due in the next hour or so. Any ideas as to why?

gumbo1 wrote: »
    Just looking on fr24 and can't seem to find the aer lingus NY JFK or Boston O'hare flights with the filters on! I know there due in the next hour or so. Any ideas as to why?

Out of range over the Atlantic. EIN104 has turned up now, 136 is about half an hour behind going on the DAA website.

Boston is Logan btw, its Chicago thats O'Hare

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

MYOB wrote: »
    Out of range over the Atlantic.

Other ac are showing up while over the Atlantic? Thanks for the correction!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

What filter do you have on?
    I can see it fine.

Edit actually only the ny one

Other ac are showing up while over the Atlantic? Thanks for the correction!!

As above, there's only so much coverage. Craft are only visible about a hundred miles out or so. The track shown for them over the Atlantic is a guess, hence why its a perfect great circle track between their last known point and where they reappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

This is crazy!!:

It just poped up again now over Saudi Arabia http://www.flightradar24.com/CMB504

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

fr336 wrote: »

Nope..

It's a Ryanair 738 EI-EKR, just the hex/icao code is incorrect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

N342AX, Omni, inbound Shannon now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

N342AX, Omni, inbound Shannon now.

Hi new to this thread, where would he be coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Hi new to this thread, where would he be coming from?

Somewhere in the middle east, any of the countries America are invading for oil

billie1b wrote: »
    Somewhere in the middle east, any of the countries America are invading for oil

Becoming quite a list then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Thanks for the rapid answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Thanks for the rapid answer.

No probs, they usually originate from that general area, they are troop carriers most of the time, I have never seen the actual departure airport, just noticed them flying towards SNN or DUB

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

theres a lufthansa A321 just after leaving Shannon now. assume it was in for Maintenance or is it a stop over?

theres a lufthansa A321 just after leaving Shannon now. assume it was in for Maintenance or is it a stop over?

If you click on its reg it's only showing as ever being at two destinations - SNN today and yesterday. A very new plane? Ah I don't know sorry..

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

Is this not a very unusual flight path from London to Shannon and then onwards to JFK?

• Advertisement

poteen wrote: »
    Is this not a very unusual flight path from London to Shannon and then onwards to JFK?

I think so! Am keeping an eye on it now. Do you listen to Shanwick? http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=einn

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement