Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

http://fr24.com/N936CT

Not used to seeing little planes on FR24. Wonder what he's up to. Came from Leeds and now just flying around in a loop near Aylesbury.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Cirrus-SR-22/1991313/&sid=8a2bdf80ef08fbfad73f7ecf733b0361

Edit: Seems to be going around Waddesdon Manor, maybe taking pictures or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Was just listening to approach there, and it seems that there are a load of nut-cases out tonight shining green lazers into the cockpit of aircraft and causing a problem, of course.

A military chopper got hit a few times as well. They were trying to triangulate where the lazers where directly located.

zenno wrote: »
    Was just listening to approach there, and it seems that there are a load of nut-cases out tonight shining green lazers into the cockpit of aircraft and causing a problem, of course.

A military chopper got hit a few times as well. They were trying to triangulate where the lazers where directly located.

They should shine their own light at the knobs - a big flash and bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

zenno wrote: »

Could very well be Blanch, garda everywhere and the chopper, if using 10 its on the approach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Hopefully they get them, this is a weekly occurrence and needs to be stopped!

YbFocus wrote: »
    Hopefully they get them, this is a weekly occurrence and needs to be stopped!

O'Leary should start slapping the fines on them for all FR's that'd get the morons inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Send the PC9's with the Rockets or HMG's after them. :P

Or a couple of maverick agm's strapped under the wings :)
    They'd only love to hone in on the lasers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

I hear there are laser targeted bombs, can they distinguish between up laser / down laser:D

• Advertisement

Mech1 wrote: »
    I hear there are laser targeted bombs, can they distinguish between up laser / down laser:D

That's what the mavericks are, laser guided air to ground :)
    They Track the reflection point of the laser so I presume it'd track the laser shining straight out :)

Hell it's worth a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Mech1 wrote: »

Quoting myself, Could we send "dart sized" laser guided down? issue sorted.

The DAA will have to issue all pilots with lazer deflection eye glasses because this scenario is going to eventually cause a serious problem with more idiots shining these lazers into pilot cockpits.

Unless there is a better system to deal with it.

It looks like they are on the way...

Source: http://www.gizmag.com/laser-protection-spectacles/24543/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

N640GT, a B767 has just departed Shannon as "GTI8101". Westbound..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

N640GT, a B767 has just departed Shannon as "GTI8101". Westbound..

Departing to KPSM, Portsmouth Intl Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

GTI is atlas air is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭JamieIsGod

Razor44 wrote: »
    GTI is atlas air is it not?
    Yeah, it is callsign "Giant".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

The DAA will have to issue all pilots with lazer deflection eye glasses

Sorry but a little confused here.

The DAA runs an airport.

Why should it provide the eye glasses?

Sorry but a little confused here.

The DAA runs an airport.

Why should it provide the eye glasses?

I should have said the IAA. Well whoever deals with aircraft safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

our for a morning test stroll!?

would this be the first one built or just another demo plane?

289155.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

our for a morning test stroll!?

would this be the first one built or just another demo plane?

289155.jpg

It's listed as the fourth constructed but down as conv (conversion maybe) last one that had conv beside it went to Emirates.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,654 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That's used as a demonstrated by Airbus, also if a customer needs one in their livery for an airshow or similar before they actually have one (its been painted up as a few different ones).

that factory must be a spotters dream, just noticed this beast taking off from there, first time ever seeing it.

289210.jpg

a second A380 (F-WWOW) is sitting on the ground there as well as the special A340 (MIABU) which belongs to a russian billionaire.

that factory must be a spotters dream, just noticed this beast taking off from there, first time ever seeing it.

289210.jpg

a second A380 (F-WWOW) is sitting on the ground there as well as the special A340 (MIABU) which belongs to a russian billionaire.

I love planes and everything aviation but that Beluga is the ugliest thing ever

billie1b wrote: »
    I love planes and everything aviation but that Beluga is the ugliest thing ever

so what!? its still class and unique!

what i cant understand though is why on earth do Airbus have so many different manufacturing areas, when one large plant could do the job much more efficiently. the transportation of the A380 story is just insane - the fuselage comes by road, barge, boat, barge and road again...

so what!? its still class and unique!

what i cant understand though is why on earth do Airbus have so many different manufacturing areas, when one large plant could do the job much more efficiently. the transportation of the A380 story is just insane - the fuselage comes by road, barge, boat, barge and road again...

Ah yeah I cant disagree, its class, just an ugly mofo in my opinion. The manufacturing areas is something I don't understand either but sure they have a good reason for it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,123 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I dont understand why the operators of VIP aircraft such as MRBUS don't block themselves on Flightradar etc. It's easy to do :)

smurfjed wrote: »
    I dont understand why the operators of VIP aircraft such as MRBUS don't block themselves on Flightradar etc. It's easy to do :)

any idea who owns it?

• Advertisement

smurfjed wrote: »

Maybe they're in the entertainment industry and therefore a showoff? ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement