Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

any idea who owns it?

Previously in Moscow. Maybe it's a Chelsea owner :pac: Probably not though.

FR learjet is out and about

http://www.flightradar24.com/RYR1/28cb0a2

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

fr336 wrote: »

spotted that a few times this week, but never that far away. would o'leary use it himself or is it just for engineering purposes, for airports that may not necessarily have direct routes from Dublin?

hard to know where it took off or where it is going, as the routes are not clear on FR24

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

spotted that a few times this week, but never that far away. would o'leary use it himself or is it just for engineering purposes, for airports that may not necessarily have direct routes from Dublin?

hard to know where it took off or where it is going, as the routes are not clear on FR24

Generally just engineers to and from different hubs and bases and ferrying parts around, o' Leary uses it the odd time but not too often, he doesn't believe in wasting the fuel on the biz jet if there is a 737-800 going the same place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

This post has been deleted.

I'll have you know Luton is a fine part of the world, indeed the best, everyone who's ever been here just moans till they're blue due to not wanting the world and his mother to turn up. Saving its richness for ourselves, we are.

RYR1 is apparently going at 532mph, yet feels like the slowest flight I've ever watched. I feel like there is an fr24 issue.

Think the Ryanair learjet touched down at Stansted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Think the Ryanair learjet touched down at Stansted.

Its house is in STN dude

billie1b wrote: »
    Its house is in STN dude

Yeah, I thought either that or Prestwick.

Maybe if I catch it taking off again it'll fly over this way - I see a lot of FR's out of STN fly right over Luton.

• Advertisement

the Beluga is on its way back to Toulouse again from the Hamburg base, presumably delivering another plane.

think its the 3rd delivery there today, they must be churning out some amount of gear from the place.

would all planes have final assembly in Toulouse or is it just primarily the A380?

the Beluga is on its way back to Toulouse again from the Hamburg base, presumably delivering another plane.

think its the 3rd delivery there today, they must be churning out some amount of gear from the place.

would all planes have final assembly in Toulouse or is it just primarily the A380?

There's a plane inside that plane?! :eek:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Would that be Baby Beluga?

yep, its used to deliver planes to their factories, which are premade elsewhere. for instance the wings could be made in the UK, fuselage in Bremen and the Tail in Hamburg.

the A380 however,needs to come by sea and land, once a week.

20163122.jpg

yep, its used to deliver planes to their factories, which are premade elsewhere. for instance the wings could be made in the UK, fuselage in Bremen and the Tail in Hamburg.

Wow. I'm guessing everything on a Boeing is made in the US? :p

i think boeing has the largest factory in the world, so i assume everything is done there, but they still would need to ship certain things in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

20163122.jpg

When two Belugas go into the hangar together they have a special kind of docking mechanism...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

so i assume everything is done there
    Not true, why do you think that they built the huge B747 transporter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

You guess wrong.. :P

http://www.newairplane.com/787/whos_building/

Same for every aircraft in production, not just the 787. Parts are built all over the world and shipped to the assembly lines.

b757 wrote: »
    You guess wrong.. :P

http://www.newairplane.com/787/whos_building/

Same for every aircraft in production, not just the 787. Parts are built all over the world and shipped to the assembly lines.

Ahh. Interesting site, many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 paulfosters

whats wrong with Luton ?

whats wrong with Luton ?

Nothing much as long as you stay inside the airport grounds :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Nothing much as long as you stay inside the airport grounds :pac:

Brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Built 500ft amsl so its affected by weather earlier than surrounding airports, lousy crosswinds and turbulence on arrival, relatively short runway, single entry taxiways to runway, incredibly irritating immigration personnel, luckily we drive to London for layovers, rather than staying in Luton.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

smurfjed wrote: »
    incredibly irritating immigration personnel

As Mary Kenny found out recently. http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/i-was-stripsearched-at-uk-airport-says-journalist-mary-kenny-29897017.html

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Anybody know or have an idea as to why EI - REI, aer arran, man - dub is currently head in away from dub, last seen it over carlow! ?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Anybody know or have an idea as to why EI - REI, aer arran, man - dub is currently head in away from dub, last seen it over carlow! ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

gumbo1 wrote: »

REI is operating man-cork today. Due to land in cork in 17 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

gumbo1 wrote: »

Previously on this thread this question like this has been addressed

'Flightradar only has so much coverage - its provided by volunteers with units. ADS-B coverage is much better than the Mode S multilateration (MLAT) but even it has its limits'. Courtesy of MYOB

I dont think that many people have MLAT receivers which track Aer Arran and other aircraft that do not have ADS-B. As a result these flights pop up and dissapear as they fly from A to B. I think once below 15,000 feet they are lost.

Edit: After saying that I think the latest ATR-72's may have ADS-B

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement