Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Patrickof wrote: »
    We had a go around on EI BRU-DUB last night, pilot got first (left) wheel down, then as 2nd wheel touched the engines roared to life and we were off again.

Took a full 30 mins for the go around, brought us up the coast and left turn in north of Drogheda.

Is a touchdown go around rare enough?

Pilot came on about 10 mins in to the go around, to say he just didn't like the crosswinds on the 1st attempt and decided to abort.

Not that rare to be honest, seen one a few weeks ago, right main touched, then left main and up again.
    The best ones are when a main wheel touches and you go-around, the others cause your still airbourne aren't the greatest

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

I'd say it's good fun out at the airport today under the planes as they come in on Runway 16.

I couldn't believe how many cars were parked around the airport on Saturday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Patrickof wrote: »
    Took a full 30 mins for the go around, brought us up the coast and left turn in north of Drogheda.

Is a touchdown go around rare enough?.

Depending on traffic it can take some time to get an aircraft back into the sequence for landing. After the go around the pilot would have been radar directed by ATC either to a hold or a heading until they could be squeezed back in.

They are relatively rare. I've only had one and we had all wheels on the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

Yes they are rare enough. Pilots can answer better to be honest, from an ATC perspective I have only heard of a couple in Dublin.

30 mins for a go around to landing sounds like the pilots were stalling for time till the winds became more favourable. Average is 10 to 20 mins depends on the traffic situation and whether the pilots are ready for another approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

flazio wrote: »
    How could you tell that from flightradar? :P Bit of a race against time before a FR landed but it is down safe.

There was ice on the map? :o

• Advertisement

This guy really don't want to land at LTN http://www.flightradar24.com/2a7cf0b

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

I think there is an I.L.S Calibration test ongoing. As far as I am aware a company called Flight Calibration Services Ltd. use a Piper Navajo PA31 to carry out these tests.

Foggy43 wrote: »
    I think there is an I.L.S Calibration test ongoing. As far as I am aware a company called Flight Calibration Services Ltd. use a Piper Navajo PA31 to carry out these tests.

Ah - what is an I.L.S test? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Severe wind shear just reported on approach to RWY10 in DUB.

Sh!ts about to kick off here now. Could be an interesting evening on ATClive and FR24 for DUB.

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Severe wind shear just reported on approach to RWY10 in DUB.

Sh!ts about to kick off here now. Could be an interesting evening on ATClive and FR24 for DUB.

I see you are quite near the action :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

fr336 wrote: »

Testing the accuracy of the airports Instrument Landing System. Basically the ILS guides the aircrafts autopilot on to the runway for a full autoland or to a decision height, about 50 feet, where pilot flying can land manually or let the autoland continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

fr336 wrote: »

LeftBase (and others such as Growler!) kindly explained ILS to me in the "great big ask an airline pilot thread".

Details here.

The lads in that thread go on to discuss ILS and CAT II/III landings in a bit of detail! Worth a read!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Should be an interesting night. Anybody else watching ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Strituck wrote: »
    Should be an interesting night. Anybody else watching ?

Is RYR719V gone around again or diverting?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

RYR748L gone round.

Sitec wrote: »
    Is RYR719V gone around again or diverting?

Sounds like he is deciding. Weather called back from tower does not sound too bad. Wind 22 , no gusts , light rain

• Registered Users Posts: 15,251 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

fr 227, failed also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Kalyke

719V diverting

I would not like to be on the ATR right now

• Advertisement

EI357 gone round.

4 go arounds in the last little while. EI 357 the latest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

http://www.flightradar24.com/GTI4241/2a8277e pitty we dont have clear skys to see this flying over

the ATR got in!

On the ground!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I do believe the ATR pilot has just schooled the Ryanair and Aer Lingus jets. He got down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Aestivalis

Few go arounds.
    ATC said "no gusts"? and they couldnt get a QNH. Wonder why
    Seems to be a bit of tension tonight.

"I'm just gonna throw this out there, change to runway 16?"

:D

"its been thrown out down here too" lol

• Advertisement

199 listeners on the feed!