Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

weisses wrote: »
    Why not start a thread that caters for what you want ?

It's a case of which came first the chicken or the egg! No reason why a new thread to cater for FR24 events cannot be started rather than change this thread which I believe was set up to discuss the technical aspects and developments of FR24.

A quick thought. How do "organic spotters" (ie those that use FR24 and listen on their scanner to actually go out and "spot" aircraft arriving and departing) feel about this new generation of computer spotters? One of which on this thread isn't even on the island?

I'm not knocking anyone on here, for many years I watched aircraft arriving and departing out of SNN. The posting of events here is a bit of entertainment and to be honest I often have a read after an eventful day in work to see if you guys have discussed any flight I've been on:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Cactus466

Any thoughts??

http://www.flightradar24.com/GLF4/2a90c1d

Seems like training of some sort at EIME

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

Growler!!! wrote: »
    It's a case of which came first the chicken or the egg! No reason why a new thread to cater for FR24 events cannot be started rather than change this thread which I believe was set up to discuss the technical aspects and developments of FR24.

A quick thought. How do "organic spotters" (ie those that use FR24 and listen on their scanner to actually go out and "spot" aircraft arriving and departing) feel about this new generation of computer spotters? One of which on this thread isn't even on the island?

I'm not knocking anyone on here, for many years I watched aircraft arriving and departing out of SNN. The posting of events here is a bit of entertainment and to be honest I often have a read after an eventful day in work to see if you guys have discussed any flight I've been on:)

I get what your saying but

From the OP
    can't see a thread for all things Flightradar 24 related.
    Can be used for unusual observations through Irish Airspace.

People are doing that

So the complaints below are not valid imo.
    hijacked by excessive and very excitable running commentaries by those all watching and listening to the same events.

And
    as it's a pity that one has to wade through pages of postings to find postings not about windy landings and go arounds.

That's why i suggested a new thread dealing specifically with the issues mentioned below
    These commentaries have considerably watered down all valid comments, suggestions, tricks, shortcuts, MLAT development and observations that were always of use and most welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Any idea what the ba46 from Lhr to Seattle was up to?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

monkeynuz wrote: »

BAW46?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

fr336 wrote: »
    BAW46?

I tried to edit it but it didn't work.
    Baw49

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ShanE90

monkeynuz wrote: »

He was squaking 7700 possibly diverting for medical emergency?

Edit: diverted to Glasgow for medical emergency

• Registered Users Posts: 17,180 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I traveled from East Midlands Airport to Glasgow on Flybe this evening, I was surpised to see a BA 747 on the ground in Glasgow. It was a medical diversion and there was an ambulance beside the aircraft. Hopefully, the person is doing OK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Aphex

Monarch B757 approaching Dublin from Cardiff. Anyone got any info on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Aphex wrote: »
    Monarch B757 approaching Dublin from Cardiff. Anyone got any info on this?

His squawk is 7750, general emergency

• Advertisement

billie1b wrote: »

I presume it landed?

7500 taken alive (hijack)
    7600 in a fix (comms failure)
    7700 going to heaven (emergency)

7750 - normal squak

7750 - normal squak

I should of had a ? After general emergency.
    Would it of been a scheduled flight? Its on the boards

• Registered Users Posts: 15 urbanjim1

It's due to fly back to Cardiff at 13:00.

Thought it might have been something to do with the Rugby.

Who's this they're directing around Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

We just has a diversion in with a cracked window.

We just has a diversion in with a cracked window.

Who was it?

I should of had a ? After general emergency.
    Would it of been a scheduled flight? Its on the boards

Seems odd that it's scheduled on a 757 from Cardiff..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

7750 - normal squak

I remember reading a NOTAM advising crews to exercise caution when cycling to those kind of sqwawks (7750 etc) as atc alarms get activated even if 7700 is selected only for a few seconds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Thar seemed like a bit of an odd flight pattern and then to just drop off the radar! Wonder what it was upto!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Thar seemed like a bit of an odd flight pattern and then to just drop off the radar! Wonder what it was upto!

gumbo1 wrote: »

I heard something about military exercises on Shannon lower frequency. Could be unrelated of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,123 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

pilot got first (left) wheel down, then as 2nd wheel touched the engines roared to life and we were off again
    What type of plane was this referring to?

I remember reading a NOTAM advising crews to exercise caution when cycling to those kind of sqwawks (7750 etc) as atc alarms get activated even if 7700 is selected only for a few seconds

Simple solution - set the 3rd and 4th digits first then there's no way to select the conspicuous codes.

On modern transponders the numbers will flash for a few seconds to indicate one of the above codes has been selected. The unit will not transmit during this:pac:

Dreamlifter approaching Bray from the east for those who are in that area.

Edit: Looked as if it was heading for Bray but instead is heading over cloudy Dublin.

Admittedly not Ireland but this is curious http://www.flightradar24.com/EZY84WH/2aaf4e7

My complete guess at the moment is wet weather in LTN preventing a landing there (though I'm in Luton and really haven't seen any cause for concern). Then maybe weather situation also preventing a STN diversion. So maybe East Midlands now?!

ETA: Indeed diverted to EMA. Will apparently stay there for half hour then takeoff for LTN again..no coaches for easyJet

• Registered Users Posts: 38 paulfosters

Monarch passed over Shannon just now. no destination but last info was ferried BHX-TUP 16 - 17-11-2013 for scrapping sad to see if it was this. i know date is not same but it refers to last flight of this aircraft reg ? reg mon300p G_MAJS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Monarch passed over Shannon just now. no destination but last info was ferried BHX-TUP 16 - 17-11-2013 for scrapping sad to see if it was this. i know date is not same but it refers to last flight of this aircraft reg ? reg mon300p G_MAJS

Going to Portsmouth Intl KPSM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭boeingboy

Simple solution - set the 3rd and 4th digits first then there's no way to select the conspicuous codes.

On modern transponders the numbers will flash for a few seconds to indicate one of the above codes has been selected. The unit will not transmit during this:pac:

LOL not any problem. Yesterday I had 7701 then 7505 or something like that. Cuda wound them up HA but with my particular Flt Id wudnt been fun :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement