Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Mech1 wrote: »
    Or how about we just start a new one?

"FR24 with ATC feeds Discussion / Chat"

sounds good to me.

That thread title would be helpful as the other feeders across Dublin and Ireland would fit in, I feel a bit bad about promoting my own feed all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

EI387 (EI-EPS) looks like its diverting from Shannon.

Broke off the approach due to a lightening strike

Mech1 wrote: »
    That thread title would be helpful as the other feeders across Dublin and Ireland would fit in, I feel a bit bad about promoting my own feed all the time.

"FR24 Live/Live ATC Chat"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

fr336 wrote: »
    A split of threads does seem a good idea to be honest - as you say it can be hard to keep track if you're coming back to look for something specific. I know I must be the worst offender for some very pointless posts (perhaps the only offender) so apologies for this; I will try to pipe down.

I'm not sure about a split thread. Or a thread with "chat" in it for that matter.

I think it should work as follows

- keep both threads open - they have been running for long enough, well enough not to change them on the whim of a poster who contributes little to the forum

- have technical discussion only threads if demand is there (marked in the thread title e.g. [Technical Discussion Only] FlightRadar24

As it is, the forum has a very healthy balance technical / normal conversation which is great to see. Posters like smurfjed, LeftBase, urajoke, Tenger and many more provide fantastic input in response to normal posters.

That's what makes this forum a great read for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

I personally don't think the threads should be merged or started anew, I think this thread is fantastic as is but I don't think the guy's that regularly use the live ATC threads would like to merge and have people, like me, asking sometimes silly questions!
    besides that the thread would quickly reach its maximum amount of posts very quick!
    I think it's states in the OP, that the thread would be for all things FlightRadar 24 which, as far as I can see/read, is what has been discussed and answered so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Keeps the threads split. once the rough weather dies down and it will the threads will go back to normal. Also its great to see people asking questions on both threads and getting excellent answers back from names already mentioned. i say keep them split or we may loose valuable contributors.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Ironically sifting through pages of discussion about changing up the threads as opposed to fr24 discussion :D (This isn't a dig, it just genuinely amused me :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

TUI2MD looks to be inbound SNN- seems to have flown from Hannover at FL100 the whole way, so obviously a maintenance visit.

Plenty of holding going on at Cork now also

TUI2MD looks to be inbound SNN- seems to have flown from Hannover at FL100 the whole way, so obviously a maintenance visit.

What's happening?

• Advertisement

What's happening?

Strong crosswinds. EIN715 and 82Y seem to have given up and headed for SNN.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭kub

This weather will work wonders for Shannons passenger numbers. Anyone got any idea how many diversions that runway 24 has hosted in the last few weeks.

kub wrote: »
    This weather will work wonders for Shannons passenger numbers. Anyone got any idea how many diversions that runway 24 has hosted in the last few weeks.

No but I would estimate at least 10 since beginning of December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Hi,

Whats is that plane off the south west of Ireland with the transponder blocked at 41,000 feet??
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ShanE90

greenpilot wrote: »
    Hi,

Whats is that plane off the south west of Ireland with the transponder blocked at 41,000 feet??
    :eek:

Possibly a privately owned Gulfstream, Learjet or something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

ah, thanks.

P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

Why would it fly at FL100 the whole way?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭eastmayo

A lot more than 10 I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭eastmayo

A lot more than 10 I'd say

Oops! wrote: »
    Why would it fly at FL100 the whole way?

Possibly a pressurisation problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

FR6625 EI-DHT over Edinburgh squawking 7700.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Was expecting to see a lot more activity here today - Flew UA23 from EWR to DUB this morning and all updates from flight deck were basically "wind is extremely bad in Dublin", reported gusts up to 50mph. Landed at 7am, perfectly smooth. Is it weird I was disappointed by no go-around? :) Yet to experience one.

Danbo! wrote: »
    Was expecting to see a lot more activity here today - Flew UA23 from EWR to DUB this morning and all updates from flight deck were basically "wind is extremely bad in Dublin", reported gusts up to 50mph. Landed at 7am, perfectly smooth. Is it weird I was disappointed by no go-around? :) Yet to experience one.

Not weird at all; must be quite exciting and interesting so long as everything goes according to plan! Maybe your pilot was just as eager for some fun and games :pac:

Fox 267 ,Air corps PC-9 visible on FR as "PANTHER1"

G-GFSA operating in the sixmilebridge area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

I get a squawk for N190rw so go in to the app and it says it doesn't exist?

monkeynuz wrote: »
    I get a squawk for N190rw so go in to the app and it says it doesn't exist?

Got the same, twice

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

EI-LAX on its way home for a bit. the lease isnt over yet is it?

l93c.png

Razor44 wrote: »
    EI-LAX on its way home for a bit. the lease isnt over yet is it?

Not landing at Dublin- it often overflies on the routes it operates for novair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

Not landing at Dublin- it often overflies on the routes it operates for novair

im aware of that alright, i heard them talking to ops in dublin re getting of the ground in Arlanda, they made reference to the fact they were on there way back this way, i picked it up wrong :rolleyes::o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement