Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

greenpilot wrote: »
    ....Im tuning in for this one.......:pac:

Damn, Cork is Down (the feed that is...)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Damn, Cork is Down (the feed that is...)

Yep down most of the day as is SNN :( Might hear some of the ac's intentions on Shannon lower though https://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=eikn

fr336 wrote: »
    Yep down most of the day as is SNN :( Might hear some of the ac's intentions on Shannon lower though https://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=eikn

Hi, Is that not knock feed? or are they linked?

Hi, Is that not knock feed? or are they linked?

It is NOC but also hosts Shannon lower. Obviously NOC's not very active at all at night and indeed during the day, so you pick up pretty much all Shannon lower's comms.

• Advertisement

They just contacted Shannon lower on that feed, greenpilot. No interesting info yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

How many feeds do you listen to at the one instant fr336?

Seems like you have a bank of speakers / screens in front if you:D

Mech1 wrote: »
    How many feeds do you listen to at the one instant fr336?

Seems like you have a bank of speakers / screens in front if you:D

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130817195916/newdcmovieuniverse/images/3/3b/Mission_control_center.jpg

It's something like this only bigger and more complicated.

I try and listen to as many as poss when things are potentially kicking off. Inclusive of DUB but tone that down if things get interesting elsewhere :p I've worked in media before, used to lots of voices on the talkback :p

http://www.flightradar24.com/RYR543J/2b3ff5f is contacting ORK approach! I guess all sides think it will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

It's very calm in Cork at the moment.

• Advertisement

So is Dublin airport definitely still receiving flights? I've got a mate leaving East Midlands at 19:20 and I don't want to leave for the airport only to find it's been cancelled!

Doubt you'll see this in time now or even still be going to DUB but this flight has just departed East Midlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭hazchem

Was this some Ryanair pilot having a laugh or was flightradar24 hacked?

(decided to take it down could get someone in trouble!)

I hope it wasn't a pilot I doubt RYR would be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Kalyke

hazchem wrote: »
    Was this some Ryanair pilot having a laugh or was flightradar24 hacked?

(decided to take it down could get someone in trouble!)

PM please...:D

I'm guessing it was something on fr24's side tbh..feels a bit on the mad side for a pilot :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Now I'm dying to find out what it was :(

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Now I'm dying to find out what it was :(

Mad stuff, so it was ;) Life changing, in fact. But if I told you, well you know..:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Just wondering was there any damage to any of the F radar feeders equipment in yesterdays storm? Thankfully my own radar F-EIWF2 survived and had no downtime but i haven't seen F-EIWF1 or F-EINN1 today when normally they are two of the most used in our region. The recently added F-EIKN1 seems to have been the most used today.

Just wondering was there any damage to any of the F radar feeders equipment in yesterdays storm? Thankfully my own radar F-EIWF2 survived and had no downtime but i haven't seen F-EIWF1 or F-EINN1 today when normally they are two of the most used in our region. The recently added F-EIKN1 seems to have been the most used today.

Just wanted to say thanks very much for the brilliant service and hope all is well down your way now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

There's a Finnair 757 just about to land in shannon now, another soon to be Aerlingus bird?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Oops! wrote: »
    There's a Finnair 757 just about to land in shannon now, another soon to be Aerlingus bird?

Nah that is the one coming form Norwich after the re-paint to Aer Lingus livery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I run F-EINN1 and had a 3 day power cut and the phone line was ripped off the house. Back up and running this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,072 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Knock just tweeted that due to heavy snow, they diverted a FR flight to SNN
    Currently EIN911 and BE1121 are holding, BE says it can hold for up to an hour and DUB is the alternative.

http://www.flightradar24.com/BEE1121/2b654b5 holding at NOC for at least 30 mins before possibly diverting due to the snow conditions there.

Anyone for some Knock specials with chips? :D

flazio wrote: »
    Anyone for some Knock specials with chips? :D

Hilarious :P

I see http://www.flightradar24.com/EIN911/2b64c20 also holding at NOC at 36,000 ft.

fr336 wrote: »
    I see http://www.flightradar24.com/EIN911/2b64c20 also holding at NOC at 36,000 ft.

Looks like he's swinging around for the ENULA hold point BE1121 looks like he's heading transatlantic.

• Advertisement

flazio wrote: »
    Knock just tweeted that due to heavy snow, they diverted a FR flight to SNN
    Currently EIN911 and BE1121 are holding, BE says it can hold for up to an hour and DUB is the alternative.

BE said they can technically hold for up to an hour after NOC informed them BE ops had said to do so as long as possible but BE ac said that limits their options greatly, so taking a decision by 30 mins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement