Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

flazio wrote: »
    Looks like he's swinging around for the ENULA hold point BE1121 looks like he's heading transatlantic.

That would be a divert! :D Are you keeping an eye (and ear) on NOC now flazio?, I've realised I jump straight in on this thread when people have spotted something - potentially very rude of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Not to worry, once I saw Knock's twitter mention the divert to SNN I fired up FR24 and LiveATC. Incidentally, BE1121 has disappeared off FR24

BE1121 diverting to SNN

EI seem determined to get into NOC

http://www.flightradar24.com/EIN911/2b64c20 doing a few more laps of the hold then maybe diverting to SNN. They still sound a tad hopeful about potential for NOC though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Why is EI911 over Knock at 36,000ft (thirty six) in the hold?

http://www.flightradar24.com/EIN911/2b64c20

Heavy snow at NOC. Waiting for conditions to improve but not likely.

Snow on the Runway. BEE1121 has already diverted to SNN

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

Never a dull moment these days...

Lots of snow condition discussion between EIN911 and NOC on NOC liveatc

FR ac on ground at NOC ready to re-embark pax, de ice and prepare for a take off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

EI 911! :eek:

RYR681R are happy to take off and help the EIN911 to get down.

Discussion between FR ac on ground and EIN911 about the conditions at NOC there.

Lots happening on NOC feed right now! https://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=eikn

EIN911 wanting to make an approach within 15 mins at NOC. Conditions improving.

fr336 wrote: »
    EI seem determined to get into NOC

Those Knock specials must really be special. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

EIN911 wanting to make an approach within 15 mins at NOC. Conditions improving.

Just caught end of last communication between 911 and NOC twr - sounds like RYR will 'blow' the snow away to aid EIN landing? Is it enough?!

We'll soon find out, EIN911 is now on approach angle.

Using RWY 9 rather then 27 due to easterly winds. No ILS on that side so it's all visual, hence the cloud height is very important.
    NOC tower now in full control of EIN911 and they're heading in for an approach.

I wonder what the pax on 911 are thinking driving around at 36,000ft for half an hour :D

• Advertisement

What's happening at DUB? Some holding going on

looks like he's in the go around again at Knock :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

What's happening at DUB? Some holding going on

Very heavy rain and sleet showers at the moment, very bad visibility, might be the problem

Get the important stuff sorted anyway, the food. That's what I like about the NOC feed, no switching frequencies for approach, tower, ops etc, all done through the tower freq.

Don't think so. You listening on liveatc too? https://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=eikn

Hold on, he's still descending, I don't know what the APP procedure is for Knock.

flazio wrote: »
    Get the important stuff sorted anyway, the food. That's what I like about the NOC feed, no switching frequencies for approach, tower, ops etc, all done through the tower freq.

It's been so straightforward today! :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

I run F-EINN1 and had a 3 day power cut and the phone line was ripped off the house. Back up and running this morning :)

I was thinking you must have had some issues. Good to have you up and running again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Hold on, he's still descending, I don't know what the APP procedure is for Knock.

He's doing a low pass over the airport to check conditions cause there's no ILS, his expected landing time is 13:22

• Advertisement

billie1b wrote: »
    He's doing a low pass over the airport to check conditions cause there's no ILS, his expected landing time is 13:22

Ah it'd be cool to be on that plane for the low pass

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement