Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

b757 wrote: »
    Turkish Airlines have sent a A333 for this afternoons flight.

any reason? did they not get in yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭flazio

RYR 840T missed approach 09. giving it another go.

Looking back on the FR24 replay I see that they got down just after 16:00UTC using RWY 27

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

billie1b wrote: »
    Could of swore thats what they said on the airwaves, not so low but low enough.

Admittedly, I'm not familiar with operating into knock, but it really is not recommended in a big jet. In a controlled airport like knock, what would they hope to achieve doing a low fly by to inspect the runway, and what has there being no ILS got to do with it. I'd have to assume you misheard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Admittedly, I'm not familiar with operating into knock, but it really is not recommended in a big jet. In a controlled airport like knock, what would they hope to achieve doing a low fly by to inspect the runway, and what has there being no ILS got to do with it. I'd have to assume you misheard.

I must have misheard too (though admittedly I didn't pick it up definitively). It also flew lower over the field on fr24.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Razor44 wrote: »
    any reason? did they not get in yesterday?

I think they just put the two flights onto one 330 today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

I don't think it flew low to check the RWY, I'm nearly sure it was to check weather and cloud conditions, they flew over the field. It was along the lines of, the tower said 'the next arriving aircraft is miles away, so yiur free to make the manouvers, the airspace all around is clear', not exact words but along the lines.

I don't think it flew low to check the RWY, I'm nearly sure it was to check weather and cloud conditions, they flew over the field. It was along the lines of, the tower said 'the next arriving aircraft is miles away, so yiur free to make the manouvers, the airspace all around is clear', not exact words but along the lines.

Yeah, sorry, you said to 'check conditions'. Prob just making an approach, maybe assuming there was a good chance he wouldn't get in, and then going around it discontinuing the approach after. There's no reason I can think of why an aircraft would fly an approach to check conditions and not land off it if they could. Besides, fly pasts are prohibited in those circumstances. Even flying level at MDA is not recommended. I suppose that's why your comment rang bells with me.

Yeah, sorry, you said to 'check conditions'. Prob just making an approach, maybe assuming there was a good chance he wouldn't get in, and then going around it discontinuing the approach after. There's no reason I can think of why an aircraft would fly an approach to check conditions and not land off it if they could. Besides, fly pasts are prohibited in those circumstances. Even flying level at MDA is not recommended. I suppose that's why your comment rang bells with me.

Well I don't know about billie but it definitely wasn't an approach. Maybe someone should look back at the archive my head is too scratched to do so right now.

I can't believe I just did that, but I listened to the archive. No mention of fly pasts or checking conditions. He did a procedural approach. He asked for traffic info in the FIR as it seems he was going to be outside controlled airspace at some stage during his let down, thats the only place where there was mention of the airspace being clear. He made 1 approach and landed off it. Not sure where the confusion arose from, and that's 20 minutes of my life that I'll never get back!

http://www.flightradar24.com/RYR659Q/2b6ca56 just went around at NOC. Technical problem. Wanted to divert to SNN but NOC said RYR ops say go to DUB.

• Advertisement

I can't believe I just did that, but I listened to the archive. No mention of fly pasts or checking conditions. He did a procedural approach. He asked for traffic info in the FIR as it seems he was going to be outside controlled airspace at some stage during his let down, thats the only place where there was mention of the airspace being clear. He made 1 approach and landed off it. Not sure where the confusion arose from, and that's 20 minutes of my life that I'll never get back!

Ok I just listened back, he wasn't doing it to check conditions, he was trying to lose altitude quick and said if he hadn't lost enough would it be ok to break off his circuit and do a flyover of the airfield, the tower agreed and said it was fine as there was no other traffic about. After that conversation that went into calling the procedure.

Ok I just listened back, he wasn't doing it to check conditions, he was trying to lose altitude quick and said if he hadn't lost enough would it be ok to break off his circuit and do a flyover of the airfield, the tower agreed and said it was fine as there was no other traffic about. After that conversation that went into calling the procedure.

What time was that at?

What time was that at?

12:30z - 13:00z, its the last 5 minutes of the feed or so

Ok, so well before he had started the approach - he would have been at fairly high altitude - I listened from 13:00 on and I heard him being cleared to 7000 I think. Anyway, glad there are no jets doing fly by's! We can continue with the biscuits :)

Ok, so well before he had started the approach - he would have been at fairly high altitude - I listened from 13:00 on and I heard him being cleared to 7000 I think. Anyway, glad there are no jets doing fly by's! We can continue with the biscuits :)

At 12:45 he was passing 10400, he needed to get down to 4,000, he did break off at once stage and pass over the airfield, think it was around 13:10 or so, memory is not great. What biscuits you got? Just made homemade choc chip muffins and tea

At 12:45 he was passing 10400, he needed to get down to 4,000, he did break off at once stage and pass over the airfield, think it was around 13:10 or so, memory is not great. What biscuits you got? Just made homemade choc chip muffins and tea

Might break out the Tunnocks Tea Cakes.

90 degree crosswinds at LHR

Might break out the Tunnocks Tea Cakes.

Ooh lovely, one of my favourites. The missus has me restricted to them though, only the box of 36 at xmas. Needless to say my box from xmas just passed are gone.

http://www.flightradar24.com/EIN03G/2b6da6b

BHD - LHR went in a hold in the home counties for LHR then another hold around LTN and STN. Now heading north and near Manchester.

Going all the way back? Oh how I wish I could listen to ATC in the UK...

fr336 wrote: »
    http://www.flightradar24.com/EIN03G/2b6da6b

BHD - LHR went in a hold in the home counties for LHR then another hold around LTN and STN. Now heading north and near Manchester.

Going all the way back? Oh how I wish I could listen to ATC in the UK...

Looks to be NCL.

• Advertisement

Looks to be NCL.

Random?

fr336 wrote: »
    Random?

Completely random, how many alternates did they pass to get there?? Would love a feed of the ATC in the UK

Completely random, how many alternates did they pass to get there?? Would love a feed of the ATC in the UK

Thinking about it maybe they just wanted a place where they would definitely land. Maybe even as north as Manchester the weather is potentially too much.

Probably one of the only suitable airports available, due to wx.

294064.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

What app is that?

You got there before me Fred :)

This post has been deleted.

AeroWeather, costs about ~€3. Great app though.

50% of recent arrivals have LHR have gone around

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

AeroWeather, costs about ~€3. Great app though.

Have just shared that with some folks. I love great finds like this that are useful :)

• Advertisement

Tomás Colton ‏@TomasColton 53s
    Flew out of Belfast at 5.30pm for Heathrow. Done a few laps of London there and 3hrs later have just landed.In fecking NEWCASTLE. #Wayayeman

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement