Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

294073.png

Yay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

http://www.flightradar24.com/SHT88D/2b6e610

squawking general emergency. Been in air for 2 hours due LHR situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Is it just me who finds that unacceptable, a fuel emergency due to waiting and waiting to land somewhere? Is this down to money I wonder :rolleyes:

I'm not blaming the flight crew btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Another 7700..

http://fr24.com/BAW234

BAW234, Boeing 767-300ER.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Anyway, glad there are no jets doing fly by's! We can continue with the biscuits :)

I think he means, seeing as there was no breach of SOP's any chat with management will include biscuits. As opposed to being carpeted in front of the Chief Pilot for tea without biscuits :D
    fr336 wrote: »
    90 degree crosswinds at LHR

Out of limits I presume.....
    Random?

Suitable Alternates would have been discussed in the preflight briefing.
    billie1b wrote: »
    Completely random, how many alternates did they pass to get there?? Would love a feed of the ATC in the UK

There are set criteria for Destination Alternates to ensure its legal to dispatch. Sometimes you have to nominate the only airfield within limits which may be many many miles from your destination. At least the pax are on the same island and not returned to Dublin :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭bikeman1

b757 wrote: »
    Another 7700..

http://fr24.com/BAW234

BAW234, Boeing 767-300ER.

Will there be a big dispatches investigation into BA now because of two fuel diversons? Or because its BA they won't bother?

bikeman1 wrote: »
    Will there be a big dispatches investigation in BA now because of two fuel diversons? Or because its BA they won't bother?

:D:D:D

Is it just me who finds that unacceptable, a fuel emergency due to waiting and waiting to land somewhere? Is this down to money I wonder :rolleyes:

I'm not blaming the flight crew btw.

A fuel emergency doesn't mean he has run out of fuel.
    It simply means the crew suspect they will land with less than Final Reserve fuel. They will have sufficient fuel for the transit to their Alternate plus Final Reserve.

In fairness 2 hours in the hold is a long time and would not have been planned for.

Will there be a big dispatches investigation in BA now because of two fuel diversons? Or because its BA they won't bother?

Ohhhh controversial :D

• Advertisement

Growler!!! wrote: »
    A fuel emergency doesn't mean he has run out of fuel.
    It simply means the crew suspect they will land with less than Final Reserve fuel. They will have sufficient fuel for the transit to their Alternate plus Final Reserve.

In fairness 2 hours in the hold is a long time and would not have been planned for.

Wow fine insult to my intelligence there thanks! :D

Ohhhh controversial :D

Is it? Or just a fact? There will be no Dispatches investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

FR807 which diverted to DUB is now en route back to NOC. "the sooner they get on the sooner they get to Stansted " lol from RYR pilot to knock atc.

Will there be a big dispatches investigation into BA now because of two fuel diversons? Or because its BA they won't bother?

Lol

We shall push MOL on his next Twitter session to see can he force Channel 4 to do so!

RTE should do the investigation on BA. It might start another war or something though so maybe not.

Wow fine insult to my intelligence there thanks! :D

Whoops apologies bud, I should have written " doesn't mean he has run low on fuel"

FR807 which diverted to DUB is now en route back to NOC. "the sooner they get on the sooner they get to Stansted " lol from RYR pilot to knock atc.

What was that comment about?

Is it the same ac that had the earlier technical fault?

ATC asked them are they flying empty from DUB and pilot said yep have them ready for boarding ,the sooner they get on ,the sooner they get to Stansted. they changed the aircraft,now EI-DHC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

There are set criteria for Destination Alternates to ensure its legal to dispatch. Sometimes you have to nominate the only airfield within limits which may be many many miles from your destination. At least the pax are on the same island and not returned to Dublin :eek:

Thanks for the informed comment, being a flight dispatcher myself I still find it strange they chose NCL, MAN and BHX wx wasn't too bad to be honest. Just seems strange and out if the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

billie1b wrote: »
    Thanks for the informed comment, being a flight dispatcher myself I still find it strange they chose NCL, MAN and BHX wx wasn't too bad to be honest. Just seems strange and out if the way :)

Depends how busy other airports are. There maybe no room at the inn. The last thing you want is to divert to an airport that cannot supply required ground equipment. BA will always if possible divert to where all passengers can be kept in the one place. This with a view to accomadation or transporting. In the past BA have diverted to SNN and DUB in these situations.

• Advertisement

If this storm had struck at 5am in the morning then you probably would have had some widebody visitors in DUB and SNN. The A380's had no go-arounds this evening as far as I am aware. The A330, A340 and B777's did.

An Easyjet for LTN is diverting to Doncaster..clearly running out of divert locations in England tonight..

Tweeted by cork airport. Place must be full.

@Cork_Airport: EI3806 to Edinburgh cancelled as aircraft is grounded in Manchester due to congestion as a result of all the diverted aircraft there.

Tweeted by cork airport. Place must be full.

@Cork_Airport: EI3806 to Edinburgh cancelled as aircraft is grounded in Manchester due to congestion as a result of all the diverted aircraft there.

Cos they can't find an EI plane in Ireland anywhere? :pac:

I think MAN and BHX are at full capacity.

AA142 heading to DUB.

http://fr24.com/AAL142

Edit : According to PPRuNE, lack of fuel @ MAN, and not enough fire cover at PIK.

AA142 inbound DUB?? flying at 19,000ft east of DUB at the moment

AA90(B767) also diverting from LHR now.

AA142 inbound DUB?? flying at 19,000ft east of DUB at the moment

It's meant to be heading to LHR going by its reg. You're more than likely right, diversion to DUB!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Looking like it.. Dropping below 17000

• Advertisement

There is a few pilots tonight asking why runways 23/05 were closed at LHR in 2002. Would have been ideal for this evening. Runway 23 for the narrow bodies and 27L for the wide ones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement