Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

That just has to be the weirdest..when you travel between two airports far away and land exactly where you started

Would love to hear the ops comms on live atc. Guess it's too confidential though.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Strange one Ok. So close to London and returns to Dublin??

KoolKid wrote: »
    Strange one Ok. So close to London and returns to Dublin??

Maybe they'll be putting them up in hotels and have deals in Dublin? Easier for EI having their planes where they want them tomorrow?

I bet people will be kicking off on those flights..2.5 hours in the air and back at DUB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Will they attempt to get those people back to London tomorrow morning now or what is the story?

PS: Just back from the graveyard!

Paul Roseby ‏@rosebyp 25m
    Left NYC today for London but averted near accident so in Dublin. Scary last second ditched attempt to land at Heathrow. Get me a Guinness

This has been a busy day..starting with snow in NOC, ending with a bit of chaos in London

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

fr336 wrote: »
    Maybe they'll be putting them up in hotels and have deals in Dublin? Easier for EI having their planes where they want them tomorrow?
    A fair point. The flight planners thinking ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Anyone in the airport working tonight that can help smooth the situ for Dirkmiesters other half? Pm him if your in work and can help get her sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

EI176 and EI184 both back in DUB now.

I didn't know London scenic tours were this popular at this time of the year :pac:

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    EI176 and EI184 both back in DUB now.

I didn't know London scenic tours were this popular at this time of the year :pac:

The predictable RYR gag:
    If it was RYR they'd have charged for the extra there :pac:

I've never been on a go around :( Does it feel as strange as takeoff, or even stranger? (I mean in terms of lifting up, I wouldn't be bothered about it happening, as I'd know what was going on)

I'm on the phone here to herself: An announcement just came over the PA, they have to rebook flights over the internet themselves and hotel arrangements have to be taken at Desk 28. God help whoever she ends up dealing with!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Must be rough at EGLL. BA 769 and 581 both heading north after a lot of holding and a few go arounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Zcott wrote: »
    Must be rough at EGLL. BA 769 and 581 both heading north after a lot of holding and a few go arounds.

EGLL 150020Z COR 22028G41KT 9000 FEW029 SCT034 10/04 Q0977 TEMPO SHRA BKN014

Not as bad as we had it on Wednesday!

The scene at DUB at the moment. She says as soon as they entered the airport every aer lingus uniform vanished into thin air.

b757 wrote: »
    EGLL 150020Z COR 22028G41KT 9000 FEW029 SCT034 10/04 Q0977 TEMPO SHRA BKN014

Not as bad as we had it on Wednesday!

Still don't fancy landing with those gusts!

Any idea what BA163 is doing? LHR to Tel Aviv, got as far as Belgium before entering a hold and now heading back to LHR. No unusual squawk...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

This thread is now officially unreadable with the amount of drivel that's being posted by so many now. Pity, because it was one of my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Madpaddy79

The scene at DUB at the moment. She says as soon as they entered the airport every aer lingus uniform vanished into thin air.

Romeo to Charlie, anyone!

Weather will be weather, NOTHING can be done about it! This Moon is having some very serious effects this week.

Drivel, that's just to soft.

Reported. Miles off topic. This is about planes, not customer service.

Back in topic, looking out the window at an AA 777 at the B gates. It's not the JFK flight, any idea what it's doing there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Back in topic, looking out the window at an AA 777 at the B gates. It's not the JFK flight, any idea what it's doing there?

Diverted from LHR last night I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Well, yes, true but according to the OP the thread is about Flightradar24 and all this recent drivel, sorry, discussion and the photo of the queue is related to what you can see on Flightradar24 so I wouldn't say miles off topic, maybe just a few feet.

In my book, off topic is off topic is off topic is off topic. But it's your show man. People like us who don't like it will just have to lump it. In fairness I'm not seeing much to object to here, bar what I reported. Doing a decent job, I won't be posting on the matter again.

To all the people who helped out last night, thanks a million. I've PM'd one or two of ye.

I was watching a flight on flightradar and presumed some people here who have an interest in these things could help out.

To all the others, does it really impact that much on yer lives to be posting smart comments about "drivel" and reporting posts?

I hope none of yer loved ones are ever in a situation like that where they don't have an idea what to do.

Grow up.

I won't be posting on this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Just wondering was there any damage to any of the F radar feeders equipment in yesterdays storm? Thankfully my own radar F-EIWF2 survived and had no downtime but i haven't seen F-EIWF1 or F-EINN1 today when normally they are two of the most used in our region. The recently added F-EIKN1 seems to have been the most used today.

Mine, EIWF1 is on the Blackstairs mountains at a comms site and the power failed on Wednesday. Initially the mountain was completely inaccessible due to countless fallen trees (its a 5KM drive on mountain tracks from the nearest public road to the mountaintop) and now at least the guys are after getting a generator to the site but expect further outages till the ESB has been restored.

To all the people who helped out last night, thanks a million. I've PM'd one or two of ye.

I was watching a flight on flightradar and presumed some people here who have an interest in these things could help out.

To all the others, does it really impact that much on yer lives to be posting smart comments about "drivel" and reporting posts?

I hope none of yer loved ones are ever in a situation like that where they don't have an idea what to do.

Grow up.

I won't be posting on this thread again.

Sorry you feel this way; you should definitely feel free to post again if you feel at all inclined to as personally I saw nothing wrong with any of your posts they moved the thread along practically in light of what we were talking about and even if they don't know it I think anyone complaining may be more bemused with how busy and off topic the thread has become recently rather than your specific posts. I'm a big culprit for posting too much so will try and cut down again; it can just get difficult at times when everyone's watching and listening to the same things and not wanting to miss a trick.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Maybe it's really time for a 'Weather related events' thread for all go-arounds, diversions, passenger's situations etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement