Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Maybe it's really time for a 'Weather related events' thread for all go-arounds, diversions, passenger's situations etc.

Flightradar24 / Liveatc thread: Key events

Flightradar24 / Liveatc thread: Live chat

Sound any good? I know at this moment in time I personally have too much time on my hands and could make a good go of keeping the key event log updated, but I'll be getting busy shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

To all the people who helped out last night, thanks a million. I've PM'd one or two of ye.

I was watching a flight on flightradar and presumed some people here who have an interest in these things could help out.

To all the others, does it really impact that much on yer lives to be posting smart comments about "drivel" and reporting posts?

I hope none of yer loved ones are ever in a situation like that where they don't have an idea what to do.

Grow up.

I won't be posting on this thread again.

Don't let the odd clown who only contributes to the forum every few weeks steer you away from the forum, its a good forum with knowledgable people on it and people who just have a keen interest in all things aviation.
    If everybody was to listen to one person moan and give up on the forum, it wouldn't stay active very long. Stick around for a couple weeks and get involved in conversations, you'll soon see that 95% of this forum are good members, including the likes of FR336, Diesel Powered, Prof Plum, b757 and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

My point was what's the point in having a thread dedicated to Flightradar24 if, to read posts on Flightradar24, we have to trawl through countless chat posts on unrelated waffle? If anybody took offence to my comment then maybe they know themselves that what they were posting falls under that category, and anyone else who posts sensible comments has nothing to get upset about.

By all means have a "Traffic chaos/diversions" thread, but for a thread dedicated specifically to one technological tool, posts should be related to it only.

FWVT wrote: »
    My point was what's the point in having a thread dedicated to Flightradar24 if, to read posts on Flightradar24, we have to trawl through countless chat posts on unrelated waffle? If anybody took offence to my comment then maybe they know themselves that what they were posting falls under that category, and anyone else who posts sensible comments has nothing to get upset about.

By all means have a "Traffic chaos/diversions" thread, but for a thread dedicated specifically to one technological tool, posts should be related to it only.

Thats what yhe forum would be about, somebody leaves a comment and people reply back, its called a 'chat' or 'reply', if everyone was just to leave a comment and nobody reply, it would get very boring, very fast.
    I have no problems with the thread being the way it is and a lot of others don't either. We even had a vote to have seperate threads or leave it the way it is. The over whelming result was to leave it the way it is and continue on as so, if you feel the theard is not for you, create a new one and see how it goes, it might be popular or might not.
    In my honest opinion, if this thread was left at just technical it would be dead within weeks, its enjoyable the way it is, don't try fix whats not broken.

Let me know if this is off topic, but this vid is from LHR yesterday..wind was tossing them around alright http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scizEpDDuF8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Madpaddy79

billie1b wrote: »
    Thats what yhe forum would be about, somebody leaves a comment and people reply back, its called a 'chat' or 'reply', if everyone was just to leave a comment and nobody reply, it would get very boring, very fast.
    I have no problems with the thread being the way it is and a lot of others don't either. We even had a vote to have seperate threads or leave it the way it is. The over whelming result was to leave it the way it is and continue on as so, if you feel the theard is not for you, create a new one and see how it goes, it might be popular or might not.
    In my honest opinion, if this thread was left at just technical it would be dead within weeks, its enjoyable the way it is, don't try fix whats not broken.

There's a Travel forum for the sort of rubbish that the Airline Bashers / Haters posted here in the Aviation forum, which is where the posts should have been moved to. this is for the aerosexuals / people who get excited about the prospect of diverts and the general chaos in the skies of late, Not for venting about the troubles of a "loved one".👎

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Aphex

Does anyone know why there was an American Airlines B772 (according to Flightradar) in Dub today?

Aphex wrote: »
    Does anyone know why there was an American Airlines B772 (according to Flightradar) in Dub today?

Diversion from LHR yesterday

Diversion from LHR yesterday

Thanks billie. I was looking through earlier posts for info but didn't notice anything. Nice sight for the spotters I'd say!

Thanks billie. I was looking through earlier posts for info but didn't notice anything. Nice sight for the spotters I'd say!

Yeah sure is, I remember a couple of years ago we had a BA747 and BA777 in from LHR due to diversions. That was a great day in work

• Advertisement

Yeah sure is, I remember a couple of years ago we had a BA747 and BA777 in from LHR due to diversions. That was a great day in work

Nice!! You airport workers are so lucky :(

You Dubliners are so lucky :mad:

We sure are, one of my favourite experiences was sitting in the flight deck of the 787 the night it arrived to DUB, the guys in Boeing were sound, then visiting it again the next day in the Hangar.

We sure are, one of my favourite experiences was sitting in the flight deck of the 787 the night it arrived to DUB, the guys in Boeing were sound, then visiting it again the next day in the Hangar.

Don't be teasing now :P

Stop showing off and clear your inbox.

fr336 wrote: »
    Stop showing off and clear your inbox.

+1 :D My message won't send

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I post here very little as I don't have much time. But I really enjoy reading this forum and it's going ons :)
    I wouldn't want it to change in the slightest as it wouldn't be the same then :)

+1 :D My message won't send

Sorted there now guys, sorry, had a nap on the couch

Sorted there now guys, sorry, had a nap on the couch

Probably on the couch of a 787 and all :mad: No worries billie :)

Probably on the couch of a 787 and all :mad: No worries billie :)

Nah not the couch, the 'crew bunk' :D

• Advertisement

If this page continues on as is, certain people will explode.

I was thinking the same!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

I wouldn't blame them. You're only adding fuel to their argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

And for clarification my comment is not directed at fr336, I quote him as he made that point seen as it's a topic of discussion at the moment.

urajoke wrote: »
    And for clarification my comment is not directed at fr336, I quote him as he made that point seen as it's a topic of discussion at the moment.

You had a real point though :D I will try harder, all :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

You mean me :D or should it be :mad: ?

andy_g wrote: »
    You mean me :D or should it be :mad: ?

I don't recall you saying anything? :confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

urajoke wrote: »

Ahem...back on track please, turn left heading two-eight-zero... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Does anyone ever notice with CityJet on FR24 that their track is never "aligned" properly?

cH0SNOF.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Charlie 253 now visible on FR ,just after departing BAL

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement