Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

one of the Belugas about to land in liverpool i think.

would love to see these, they look amazing.

EDIT : actually just spun a left at Liverpool and landed at the Airbus factory nearby...didnt realise it was so close to Chester..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Kalyke

one of the Belugas about to land in liverpool i think.

would love to see these, they look amazing.
    Hawarden Airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Kalyke wrote: »
    Hawarden Airport?

Yes, Hawarden, have flown over it a few times low level (2000ft) and seen the Belugas. It used to be Military. always got clearance right over the top.

Hawarden Airport?

ya...didnt know it existed until now, i thought the Airbus factory was much further south. am i correct in saying the A380 wings are assembled there and then sent to Toulouse via sea and then road?

• Advertisement

Yes, Hawarden, have flown over it a few times low level (2000ft) and seen the Belugas. It used to be Military. always got clearance right over the top.

You flew yourself?

fr336 wrote: »

its either a test flight or a training flight surely?

its either a test flight or a training flight surely?

Yeah - EZY use Doncaster as a training flight centre. I got confused because I was relating EZY with EMA for training too; EMA is just for FR.

Yeah - EZY use Doncaster as a training flight centre. I got confused because I was relating EZY with EMA for training too; EMA is just for FR.

i used to Work in shannon and saw this before, but this was about 8 years ago. its very interesting to see.

does anybody still use Shannon for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭flazio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

Armenian govt jet :)

Whereabouts was it? (And yes first time I've seen military myself on fr24)

Let's hope the Russians have no idea about fr24

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Let's hope the Russians have no idea about fr24

Your inbox is full

Antonov An-124 just after taking off somewhere from the south of france, first time seeing it popping up on the radar.

its currently at 19,000 feet just north west of Carcassone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

The air france just flew over my house. Very loud.

b757 wrote: »
    I'd assume it'd stop in KEF.
    Erm no. :confused: That would be a massive diversion from the path and actually be almost just as long.

They would stop in the azores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Antonov An-124 just after taking off somewhere from the south of france, first time seeing it popping up on the radar.

its currently at 19,000 feet just north west of Carcassone.

There are some flying out of Prestwick occasionally. 2/3 over Ireland in the past fortnight I'd reckon too.
    owenc wrote: »
    Erm no. :confused: That would be a massive diversion from the path and actually be almost just as long.

Not exactly. Would never really route towards the Azores when going into SNN. KEF or Gander would really be the main ones for Ireland. Depending on aircraft range of course; Gander being the one mostly used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

But nearly 1400nm without seeing land. You'd want to have your point of no return worked out fairly well. Safer for non ETOPS aircraft (like the Dash) to take the northern great circle route. Longest leg is 650nm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

BAW9150 A388 noted inbound LHR - this is G-XLEE on delivery and BA's fifth A380.

There are some flying out of Prestwick occasionally. 2/3 over Ireland in the past fortnight I'd reckon too.

Not exactly. Would never really route towards the Azores when going into SNN. KEF or Gander would really be the main ones for Ireland. Depending on aircraft range of course; Gander being the one mostly used.

So they fly UP to fly back DOWN! :confused::confused::confused:

Growler!!! wrote: »
    But nearly 1400nm without seeing land. You'd want to have your point of no return worked out fairly well. Safer for non ETOPS aircraft (like the Dash) to take the northern great circle route. Longest leg is 650nm.

No its not.

Its about 800nm to the Azores from Newfoundland.

No its not.

--

So they fly UP to fly back DOWN!

1200-1400NM.

So you're basically saying they fly DOWN (to the Azores) to fly UP(to SNN)? Much more sense to do what Growler stated and to fly the great northern circle route, staying closer to possible diversion airports.

In fact, this aircraft did originate from KEF and routed to SNN. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

No its not.

http://220kts.com/ferry-flights/atlantic-ferry-routes.html

Have a look at the above link.

Check out about great circle routes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Just putting you all on alert, one of our recent posters is known historically, on threads I have long followed for stirring situations up and causing disruption.

Mech1 wrote: »
    Just putting you all on alert, one of our recent posters is known historically, on threads I have long followed for stirring situations up and causing disruption.

Thanks! ;)

Mech1 wrote: »

???

I think its pretty clear this is about me.

• Advertisement

1200-1400NM.

So you're basically saying they fly DOWN (to the Azores) to fly UP(to SNN)? Much more sense to do what Growler stated and to fly the great northern circle route, staying closer to possible diversion airports.

In fact, this aircraft did originate from KEF and routed to SNN. ;)

No from Newfoundland to Azores.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement