Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surf Car Pooling from Dublin Area??

Options
  • 30-09-2013 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I'm relatively new to surfing. I caught the bug and wanna do it as much as possible, but petrol costs are pissing me off. If any of you wanna hitch a ride with me out west or down to Tramore please let me know. I'm just back from a good practice session down in Tramore and realised that surfing alone is expensive. I live in Bray and would like to surf as much as is possible wherever the surf arrives over the next few years, I guess. I can drive from Bray into Dublin or pick you up wherever if it suits. I have straps to hold down a surf board.
    However the car I own is not fully mine, it's more of a family car so sometimes I may need to be hitching off you.
    We can split petrol costs, so the more in the car the merrier.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Have a look at the east cost surf club and go along to one of their social, you'll get to know more surfers and they often share driving and petrol costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Hi I'm relatively new to surfing. I caught the bug and wanna do it as much as possible, but petrol costs are pissing me off. If any of you wanna hitch a ride with me out west or down to Tramore please let me know. I'm just back from a good practice session down in Tramore and realised that surfing alone is expensive. I live in Bray and would like to surf as much as is possible wherever the surf arrives over the next few years, I guess. I can drive from Bray into Dublin or pick you up wherever if it suits. I have straps to hold down a surf board.
    However the car I own is not fully mine, it's more of a family car so sometimes I may need to be hitching off you.
    We can split petrol costs, so the more in the car the merrier.

Move west!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauld81

Check out Turf n Surf, they do a bus twice weekly to Bundoran, reasonable price including accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Wasn't there some surfing meet up group thingie in an older post, sould like a bit of fun for beginner surf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kevinteehan

Cheers for replies. Will check all these out now. Can you also reduce the price of petrol for me, please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

cheers Spacehopper :-) ,link is in my sig Kevin , great for beginners, see you soon dude

Advertisement