Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awaiting mortgage approval [ptsb]

Options
  • 30-09-2013 8:22am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39

Hi,

We applied with TSB a week ago last Friday and am wondering how they advise us of their decision? Will they phone us or just send out a letter of approval/decline?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Depends on who you applied through... If it was Permanent TSB Branch they will contact you and if through a Broker they will issue decision to the Broker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 Worriedmind

Thanks. Applied directly through brance.

Do they contact with their decision by phone or post? (I wont be at home for a week so just want to make sure I dont miss a letter from them).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dollydot

Hi, after my application was sent to head office (PTSB) the branch manager rang me a week later to tell me my application was approved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 Worriedmind

Great Dollydot, congrats!

Did it only take a week overall? We handed ours into the manager two weeks ago tomorrow but no word yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dollydot

Hi, yes well the manager got all the information and sent it to their underwriters on a Wednesday and he rang me the following Friday so just over a week. I then waited another week to get confirmation by post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 minnnie

We have been approved also.

We are building so may be different and also the house is built but not finished. First we gave in salary cert, wage slips, statements etc.
    A week later we had to hand in house plans, architect had to fill in other documents, self build insurance, the 10 days previous bank statement etc. They phoned two days later saying it had been approved and a meeting organised to sign direct debits etc

• Registered Users Posts: 34 JJudy

Anyone get mortgage approval from AIB lately, if so how long did you have to wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

OP it's taking two to three weeks to get a decision from AIB at the moment.

Advertisement