Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jimmy Hill (And His Classless Family)

• 30-09-2013 9:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭

Very sad to read that Jimmy Hill is suffering from serious illness.

I would not have been his greatest fan as a pundit but I did enjoy his time at the helm of Sunday Supplement.

I think it's fair to say he had cared a lot about the game as a whole right through his career and was responsible directly for what was then it's most ground breaking reform.

Shame on the man's family for their public bickering about him, just get the guy the best care that's possibly available so he can see out his days in comfort and security.

What's there to disagree about???

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jimmy-hill-battling-alzheimers-family-2320505

Jimmy Hill is battling Alzheimer’s and his family are at loggerheads over who
    should have the right to decide what happens to him.

It emerged yesterday that football legend Jimmy, 85, has been struck down by
    the brain disease and is being looked after in a nursing home.

The ex-player and Match of the Day host had been in good health in 2005 when
    he gave joint powers of attorney to his third wife Bryony and a solicitor.

It means none of Jimmy’s five children – all from his first two marriages –
    has a say in his treatment or future affairs.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Bruce Forsythe must be devastated.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Bruce Forsythe must be devastated.

There is a time and place for humour and this isn't one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Theres hardly enough information in that article to call his family 'classless'.
    It's likely a very complicated situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Sad to see Jimmy Hill's last years being so traumatic.

Hopefully this publicity will make all involved see sense and put aside their differences. He deserves better.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is this true or yet another weekly '80 year old star with Alzheimer's' hoax?

• Advertisement

Hyzepher wrote: »
    There is a time and place for humour and this isn't one of them.

Was pathetic tbh

Anyway, sad story really tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Luis21

Money talks, bull**** walks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Bruce Forsythe meme can someone explain it to me I've seen it around.

Also as for Jimmy hill I don't think it's my place to comment on his circumstances

Advertisement