Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loughrea house hunting

Options
  • 30-09-2013 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Hi Boarders, hoping for some insight to Loughrea property scene as my partner and I hope to move there in a few months due to work assignment etc.
    We have been viewing properties in the area on Daft/MyHome etc and would be glad of any advice on areas/estates worth considering or best avoided, especially in the context of quality of the housing, antisocial behaviour, neighbourliness etc . Any newcomer's to the area especially welcome . All private replies guaranteed strictest confidence.
    Places we have looked at online include:
    • Carraig Mor estate, near bypass
    • Carraig Linn estate - appears unfinished ?
    • Jairdin Drive - on Dublin road /east side of town
    • Cois Fuarain - near Supervalu
    • Hazelwood & Abbeyfields - near the Abbey
    Any guidance or insights into these areas welcome
    T.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 stones55

I'm living in Loughrea over a year now, I'm in the Carraig mor estate and I would highly recommend it. It's lovely and quiet, well kept and I've had no problems at all. There's a few kids in the estate but rarely see them out. On your list I would recommend cois fuarain, it seems like a lovely estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

stones55 wrote: »
    I'm living in Loughrea over a year now, I'm in the Carraig mor estate and I would highly recommend it. It's lovely and quiet, well kept and I've had no problems at all. There's a few kids in the estate but rarely see them out. On your list I would recommend cois fuarain, it seems like a lovely estate.

Thanks for your posting stones55 - we had a look around Loughrea over weekend, Carraig Mor does indeed look well, nice landscaping and doesn't appear too "busy" , I mean noisy or a a lot of traffic. Also had a look round Carraig Linn , near to your estate, looks quiet too but some unfinished houses there . Didn't get to Cois Furain yet but will have a look next time we're in the area.
    Thanks again for your reply, was beginning to think no one was reading the posting or that no one wanted to comment - not being from Loughrea, it's hard to get a feel for an area on quick visits, so it's helpful to have the views if people living there !

Advertisement