Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good news for women attending the Coombe Hospital!

• 30-09-2013 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭

Supposedly we won't be getting served "food" like this anymore! http://www.thejournal.ie/coombe-food-menu-1101336-Sep2013/

I attended the Coombe in 2010 and will be back there in April hopefully. I actually quite enjoyed the food but I was never served anything like in the picture below!

coombe-6-2-310x415.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

In general the food was ok.The breakfasts are grand
    as are the dinners. The desserts are usually yummy but the evening supper is definitely the worst. It's definitely good news that the saysage rolls and wedges are off the menu.

Now if they'd only provide a late night snack for mothers. That would be great. I brought in a huge pack of sandwiches on O and shared them with the woman beside me at 2am as we were ravenous and hadn't had food since 5pm but were awake most of the night feeding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I plan on having a huge stash of those Belvita breakfast bars in my bag for when I go in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Even a cup of tea for dunking your biccies would be nice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Maybe we should all write letters to the head of all the hospitals we're attending to get this in motion for all the mammies at odd hours of the night. I think a trolley with trays of sandwiches wrapped would be a good start as we know kitchen staff will be gone home I'm sure we'd have drinks on our lockers to go along with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Im attended mullingar with first and will be this time again. We got sandwiches and tea brought in around 10 every night . Was grand but still didnt tide me over till morning. Was up eating choc fingers at 3am one night until OH brought in fruit for the next night. Will be putting few bits in my bag this time also.
    Mmm im hungry now with all this talk of food.

• Advertisement

I attended mullingar too. Found it great that way but defo not enough until breakfast. Thankfully I got home after 24 hours.. The only thing I hated was having hubby ran out at 1 so mams could rest yet the woman across from me spent all that time on her phone I was well refreshed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I attended mullingar too. Found it great that way but defo not enough until breakfast. Thankfully I got home after 24 hours.. The only thing I hated was having hubby ran out at 1 so mams could rest yet the woman across from me spent all that time on her phone I was well refreshed

I didn't mind too much. LO seemed to have a nice sleep during that time too so it was grand for us.
    Oh 24 hrs im so jealous. I was in from sat to wens. Waters went but didn't go in to labour so she wasn't born until sunday evening. I asked to go home tues morning but wouldn't let me as she wasn't 48hrs old. We were both fine so no idea why that was. I even said I would wait until 7pm and then go as she would be 48hrs old at that point (and I don't live to far away) but nope. Didn't get out until 2 pm the next day.
    Ill be getting ready to leave as soon as im ready this time.

Everything was straightforward for me went in at 8 and wasn't in labour until half 9 and I went from 0 to 10 in 40 mins and out he came no stitches either so I just drove the midwife that came in that might to let me home and it worked. They did his hearing test and said his hearing was perfect. This time I'll walk out within 10 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I had nothing to eat from 10am (just before I was induced) until 9am the next day, even at that the breakfast was put on a main table which I couldn't get to as I'd had a section. Thank goodness another mammy spotted me struggling & brought me over a bowl of cornflakes, at that stage I'd have inhaled those sausage rolls & burnt wedges :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ms2011 wrote: »
    I had nothing to eat from 10am (just before I was induced) until 9am the next day, even at that the breakfast was put on a main table which I couldn't get to as I'd had a section. Thank goodness another mammy spotted me struggling & brought me over a bowl of cornflakes, at that stage I'd have inhaled those sausage rolls & burnt wedges :-D

Wasn't allowed anything to eat when I was induced either and was the same, had nothing from that morning at 9am (when I was brought to the labour ward in the Rotunda) until the next morning because of a csection! But at least they bring the food to your bed in the Rotunda!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I was induced for three days thank god I was allowed eat! Filling me with horror the thoughts of not being allowed eat for that length of time ;)

Got to say supper in Kerry is way better than dinner!

Advertisement