Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitty rescue in Cork area?

• 30-09-2013 10:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭

A friend has 2 youngish kitties (exact age unknown, but they're clearly not fully grown yet) that essentially took residence in her garden, with mommy cat coming and going occasionally.

Since she already has a cat (which is not keen on accepting the two little ones...hisses at them and even tries to attack them on occasion), where can the kitties be brought in the Cork area? We tried ringing the animal rescue place in Mahon, but they declined as they already have more than 100 cats; Put fliers and ads just about everywhere to no avail - no calls at all, Cork seems to be overran with cats.

Extrema ratio, I was thinking about the possibility of "relocating" mommy and kittens to a different location (countryside), but have no idea if that would work or be even possible at all - I am no expert in cat behaviour.

Any ideas or suggestions about what to do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

OP, please take a look at our links to an umbrella list of rescues in Ireland. Try and not limit yourself to just Cork if you can.

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Extrema ratio, I was thinking about the possibility of "relocating" mommy and kittens to a different location (countryside), but have no idea if that would work or be even possible at all - I am no expert in cat behaviour.

Any ideas or suggestions about what to do?

Please don't do this. These cats wont know the area and you are likely to introduce them to an area with an already established stray/feral cat population who won't take too kindly to 3 strangers turning up on their patch.

Mod note: Suggestions of individual rescues or associations are to be done by PM only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Thanks...small update: one of the kittens has been adopted :)

Advertisement