Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving game profile data from offline to xbox live account on the same system.

• 30-09-2013 11:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭

I've just started playinjg GTA V, using an offile profile on my Xbox but I'd like to transfer to an online profile and play on live. However I don't want to start the game from scratch again as I've made a good bit of progress.

I'm trying to move my GTA V data from my offline account to my Xbox live profile, data is on the same system.

I haven't been able to manage this before, however this page states it is possible:
    http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/games/xbox-games-on-windows/manage-games-data

Is this what I'm looking for, has anyone managed to do this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

As far as I know there is no legit way to transfer saves from one profile to another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭cython

I've just started playinjg GTA V, using an offile profile on my Xbox but I'd like to transfer to an online profile and play on live. However I don't want to start the game from scratch again as I've made a good bit of progress.

I'm trying to move my GTA V data from my offline account to my Xbox live profile, data is on the same system.

I haven't been able to manage this before, however this page states it is possible:
    http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/games/xbox-games-on-windows/manage-games-data

Is this what I'm looking for, has anyone managed to do this before?

My reading of that page is that it's for moving data within an account, but between different storage media, e.g. from local to cloud, or to USB storage, etc.

To the best of my knowledge, and I'm reasonably confident in that in this instance, MS do not support and facilitate this, as it would basically result in people being able to effectively sell game saves/progress. You can move data from an account between different media, but not from one account to the next. The closest thing to this would be converting a local account to be live-enabled, but even that ultimately keeps the data tied to the same account, but effectively updates said account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Thanks for the input! I thought as much...

Advertisement