Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to find work Experience in IT

Options
  • 30-09-2013 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me. I need to try to find a weeks work in Cork city in the computing industry, and was wondering if anyone had any ideas of where would be good to try. Im currently studying cloud computing in Saint Johns, so any place with virtualization or cloud usage would be preferable but is not really essential. Thanks.

p.s. mods, apologies if in the wrong forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭VincentLeB

The Webworkhouse on Winthrop St. would probably be willing to accommodate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 joeyob

Cheers, I've emailed them there anyways, along with most other IT companies in cork, ha. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭SK76

A few places in city gate in mahon. May be worth a visit some day with cvs. No harm in asking for hr. Might get lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭VincentLeB

joeyob wrote: »
    Cheers, I've emailed them there anyways, along with most other IT companies in cork, ha. Cheers.

I'd call in there. From experience, they get tonnes of emails. If you go in and ask to speak to the owner in the afternoons, I'd be really surprised if you didn't get a place there. But you have to be there at the right time to speak to him. If he's not there, go back another day.

You'll get nowhere with email, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

EMC might be worth a try.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Cork has a full-blown data centre in the shape of Cork Internet Exchange, give them a tinkle. I'll PM with a name.

http://cix.ie/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,378 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I know you said cork city but im pretty sure theres a cloud computing place out in ballincollig,vmware I think there called,obviously im open to correction :).

• Registered Users Posts: 12 joeyob

Ya cheers for all the help guys, much appreciated. Off to a good start anyways. :)

Advertisement