Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season Ticket questions.

• 30-09-2013 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭

Hi. First time poster, long time lurker in this forum.

My wife and are both buying season tickets for the first time for 2014. All in all we reckon it will save us a decent amount of money. I got some information from gaa.ie but have one or two other questions.

If our team (Cork) get to the AI final next year how many tickets will we be offered? Is it one or two for each season ticket holder?? If it's only one each, is it possible to request two seats next to each other?

I understand the first championship game is free, but for subsequent games, are tickets reserved for season ticket holders?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

You can have two season tickets linked on the same account, so this would mean that you get seats together when applicable. For the final you'll certainly only get one ticket per season ticket!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

If Cork make it to the final, you'll get one ticket for each season ticket (provided each person has been to at least 60% of league and championship games in 2014). Provided the season tickets have been purchased together, you'll be seated together.
    Tickets for subsequent games are reserved for ST holders at €5 less than the normal price (apart from provincial and All Ireland finals).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭dubdamo

When do they normally come out lads? Getting two adult and two kids season tickets for Dublin football. Reckon I'll get to see a bit of hurling with them as well as there will probably be a couple of double headers in Croker.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

John_D80 wrote: »
    Hi. First time poster, long time lurker in this forum.

My wife and are both buying season tickets for the first time for 2014. All in all we reckon it will save us a decent amount of money. I got some information from gaa.ie but have one or two other questions.

If our team (Cork) get to the AI final next year how many tickets will we be offered? Is it one or two for each season ticket holder?? If it's only one each, is it possible to request two seats next to each other?

I understand the first championship game is free, but for subsequent games, are tickets reserved for season ticket holders?

Thanks.

Are these the €85 tickets?

I'm going to look into this myself. I'm from Cork but living in the shadow of Croker, it ahs been an expensive year! Worth every penny but expensive none the less.

Does the season ticket only give me access to Cork matches or could I tip into Croke Park for other county league matches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Are these the €85 tickets?

I'm going to look into this myself. I'm from Cork but living in the shadow of Croker, it ahs been an expensive year! Worth every penny but expensive none the less.

Does the season ticket only give me access to Cork matches or could I tip into Croke Park for other county league matches?

it gives you access to all league matches. For the Croke Park ones, you will need to indicate that you wish to go by email a week before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Godge wrote: »
    it gives you access to all league matches. For the Croke Park ones, you will need to indicate that you wish to go by email a week before.
    eh? All league matches of all teams all across ireland?
    Never saw that.

it does get you access to the club finals and to the league semi finals and finals in Croke Park so THAT is a hidden bonus
    But access to all league matches regardless of team. Thats a new one to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

But access to all league matches regardless of team

Is it also irrespective of code?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

What other methods of getting tickets are available if the season ticket doesn't suit? Our family is spread over about 4 counties so one of us would be there most years?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

It's not irrespective of code but if you've a football ticket you can go to any football league games across the country. These don't count towards your 60% at the end of the season.

It's not irrespective of code but if you've a football ticket you can go to any football league games across the country. These don't count towards your 60% at the end of the season.
    so it is!
    http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/
    What’s included?
    - All Allianz League round matches in your selected code. So if you have a Longford Football Season Ticket you can go to any Allianz League Football match.*
    Thats a great perk. I read that page before but obviously didnt digest the info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I would say all the Wicklow tickets will sell out quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭El Viz

dubdamo wrote: »
    When do they normally come out lads? Getting two adult and two kids season tickets for Dublin football. Reckon I'll get to see a bit of hurling with them as well as there will probably be a couple of double headers in Croker.:)

I reckon it'll be pretty hard to get a Dublin season ticket for next year. Can see the demand being big, + if all current holders renew it'll be even harder.

Check out the Parnell Pass as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

If you buy a Cork season ticket, you must attend at least 60% of all of their games to qualify for an AI final ticket. That includes Corks home and away league games, their Munster champo games, any games they play in the qualifier series and, all games in the All Ireland champo up to the final. Living in Dublin is very handy for attending the latter stages of the AI series, once Corks games are in Croke Park. But you'll still have to do a lot of traveling around the country to attend a decent chunk of their other games, if you want to meet the 60% criteria. It's Dublin's turn to travel to down to Cork this year for the league, so you won't even get to have that one on your doorstep.
    dubdamo wrote: »
    When do they normally come out lads? Getting two adult and two kids season tickets for Dublin football. Reckon I'll get to see a bit of hurling with them as well as there will probably be a couple of double headers in Croker.smile.png

You won't get in to see hurling games if all you have is a football season ticket. The football season ticket and the hurling season ticket are two separate tickets. You buy one or the other or both, but you can't use a football season ticket to get into hurling games and vice versa. There were no double headers this year with the footballers and hurlers, in either the league or the champo. Given the success of both codes this year, I imagine they will always be kept apart as two separate revenue generating streams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

If you can't get to a game for whatever reason its okay for someone else to use your card in fact they encourage this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Is there a limit per county ?

km79 wrote: »
    Is there a limit per county ?
    there is although Dublin has a higher allocation than other counties.
    Someone might have the actual figures to hand, but from memory only the few counties which would have a realistic chance of getting to a final sold out and even then not all of the top counties sold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

there is although Dublin has a higher allocation than other counties.
    Someone might have the actual figures to hand, but from memory only the few counties which would have a realistic chance of getting to a final sold out and even then not all of the top counties sold out.
    I'm from mayo so I'm guessing they sold out last year and if all renew then I won't have a chance of getting one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Its October they're released is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭michaelduignan

ProudDUB wrote: »
    If you buy a Cork season ticket, you must attend at least 60% of all of their games to qualify for an AI final ticket. That includes Corks home and away league games, their Munster champo games, any games they play in the qualifier series and, all games in the All Ireland champo up to the final. Living in Dublin is very handy for attending the latter stages of the AI series, once Corks games are in Croke Park. But you'll still have to do a lot of traveling around the country to attend a decent chunk of their other games, if you want to meet the 60% criteria. It's Dublin's turn to travel to down to Cork this year for the league, so you won't even get to have that one on your doorstep.

You won't get in to see hurling games if all you have is a football season ticket. The football season ticket and the hurling season ticket are two separate tickets. You buy one or the other or both, but you can't use a football season ticket to get into hurling games and vice versa. There were no double headers this year with the footballers and hurlers, in either the league or the champo. Given the success of both codes this year, I imagine they will always be kept apart as two separate revenue generating streams.

Will Cork be playing Dublin in the league this year? I thought they will be in separate divisions with Cork being relegated and Dublin winning their final. Does anyone know the groups for next years league?

km79 wrote: »
    I'm from mayo so I'm guessing they sold out last year and if all renew then I won't have a chance of getting one?
    possibly a better chance than in other counties as there is seemingly a scheme ran by the Mayo county board (€200 per season ticket BUT 2 tickets for the final) which would reduce the demand on the Croke Park issued season tickets.

http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16955:gaa-season-ticket-sales-up-by-50-in-mayo&catid=14&Itemid=100008

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Will Cork be playing Dublin in the league this year? I thought they will be in separate divisions with Cork being relegated and Dublin winning their final. Does anyone know the groups for next years league?

Are you talking about football or hurling? Cork and Dublin are both division one teams for the football. They will play each other in the league in 2014, as will the other D1 teams of Kerry, Kildare, Mayo, Derry and Westmeath. Not sure about the hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Are you talking about football or hurling? Cork and Dublin are both division one teams for the football. They will play each other in the league in 2014, as will the other D1 teams of Kerry, Kildare, Mayo, Derry and Westmeath. Not sure about the hurling.

Cork were relegated to Div 1B but will probably be accommodated back to 1A with the "proposed" changes in the hurling league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

possibly a better chance than in other counties as there is seemingly a scheme ran by the Mayo county board (€200 per season ticket BUT 2 tickets for the final) which would reduce the demand on the Croke Park issued season tickets.

http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16955:gaa-season-ticket-sales-up-by-50-in-mayo&catid=14&Itemid=100008

ya but surely thats only if Mayo reach the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

KevIRL wrote: »
    If you can't get to a game for whatever reason its okay for someone else to use your card in fact they encourage this.

No problem passing them around

Advertisement