Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boosting wifi into garden

Options
  • 30-09-2013 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Im looking to boost the wifi into the front garden. At the moment ive the main modem/router in the back of the house, feeding via ethernet to a tplink router upstairs at the front of the house. This TP link router feeds via 3 ethernet cables to games consule, satellite receiver and PC. Its situated on a wardrobe with thick concrete walls that shade it from the front garden. If i put it on the window sill, I get great coverage outside, but because of the ethernet cables its not practical to place it on the window sill due to the trailing cables. So I was thinking of getting an extension antenna to just place on the window sill, or even outside on the balcony. So my questions are:

Will this do the job?

Are the connections on the routers antenna standard with extensions? (I notice the main modem router (Sagem) downstairs has a larger screw on connection than the TP Link router.

Any advice would be welcome.

Comments

Advertisement