Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electric ireland pay as you go meter

Options
  • 30-09-2013 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hello
    Can anyone help me please and explain how I find out how much im using on my meter per minute/hour just got it installed and not too sure how I see how much im using? Thanks so much.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi marz87,

Before I go into any details, can you confirm whether it was a gas or electricity PAYG meter that you had installed?

Thanks,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 20 marz87

Its electricity. Thanks

Thanks marz87,
    marz87 wrote:
    Can anyone help me please and explain how I find out how much im using on my meter per minute/hour just got it installed and not too sure how I see how much im using?

Pressing button 2 should show you the cost of your recent electricity usage, button 6 your current usage, and button 8 your usage peaks over the previous 24hrs. See the below outline on the functions associated with each button:
    • Button 1: Credit left, calculated in days
    • Button 2: Cost of recent consumption
    • Button 3: Current meter date & time, unit rates and number of units used
    • Button 4: Details of previous Top Up codes
    • Button 5: Total value of Top-Ups paid into the meter
    • Button 6: Total electricity currently being used in the property (kWH)
    • Button 7: Standing charges & unit rates
    • Button 8: Details of the highest usage over the past 24 hours
    • Button 9: Details of the total units used
    • Button 0: Meter time & Date

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help. There are FAQs on our website here, and our PAYG team can be reached at 1850 30 10 30.

Thanks,
    David

Yes I have this but does it not state how much I am using money wise an hour/ minute?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

marz87 wrote: »
    Yes I have this but does it not state how much I am using money wise an hour/ minute?
    Repeated pressing of most of the buttons will give you further info. What you're looking for is button 6. Press it once for your KW load, while that's showing press button 6 again & it will display your present load cost per hour in €. Pressing it again will give you your carbon usage. Just keep pressing!

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Cushie Butterfield, you got there before me. :)

marz87 if you have any other questions do let us know.

Regards,
    David

Thanks a million for your answers to my questions. Just wondering now is there a way to change the time as its an hr slow. Date is right? Thanks

Hi marz87,

If the time was out by more than 2hrs, we would dispatch a technician to adjust it. With a Pay As You Go meter being an hour slow, this would mean that the credit-friendly hours (the hours during which your meter will not self-disconnect) would then be as follows:

Mon-Thurs: 5pm – 10am (the following day)
    Fri-Mon: From 5pm on Friday until 10am on Monday morning

Thanks,
    David

Ok thank you for your help

Hello just want to know how I can get a statement for my pay as you go meter?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi marz87,

We have updated our billing system for PAYG customers, so unless you are in receipt of the Free Electricity Allowance, or you have Online Billing, you will now receive a statement either three times per year if there is a debt on the meter, or once per year if you are in credit.

If there's anything you'd like us to investigate on your account for you, we'll be happy to assist. To look into your account, we'd just need you to PM with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number. Please also confirm if you are the account holder.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Folks,

Can the meter be topped up via the Electric Ireland website, or must it be through Payzone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi paulgalway,

You can top up online on our website, if it is not convenient for you to visit a Payzone outlet. 

If you've any further details, do let us know.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Thanks,

another question, 

How do I find the number of units used in a day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Paul,

The buttons most relevant to your query are as follows:

Button 6 provides details of total electricity currently being used in the property.
    Button 8 provides details of the highest usage over the previous 24 hours.
    Button 9 provides details of total units used.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement