Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

41st Berlin Marathon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

On a serious note, I'm tipping Kimetto to win AND break the WR ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

yaboya1 wrote: »
    On a serious note, I'm tipping Kimetto to win AND break the WR ;)

What odds did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

FBOT01 wrote: »
    What odds did you get?

Can't find anyone betting on it?
    Nobody even has a market up for the race winner alone (afaik?).

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Amateurrunner

Niamhpamela and I will be wearing purple Diabetes Ireland tops on Sunday and we are getting our OHs to wear Irish green so we can try spot them.

Any practical tips for our OH getting to multiple spots would be great, we have never been to Berlin so we really only have the map to go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭PDCAT

Well folks.

I'm officially on holidays from work in half an hour.

Best of luck to all running on Sunday. Hopefully i'll see some of ye in the Oscar Wilde on Saturday for the match or Sunday after the run.
    Hopefully we'll have good tales to tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Cheers PDCAT. See you there. Have a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭loughie

Anyone any experience of taking the Berlin hop-on hop-off bus tour? Mrs Loughie says she would like to see some of Berlin. Might get a 2 day ticket and have a spin on Sat afternoon (and maybe finish on Sun afternoon)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Good luck everyone running :)

Take advantage to the thing where people can send you messages on the course [it was there when I did race in 2012, assume still there], thats still one of my best running memories reading what my now wife wrote for me [someone else I know gave it to his mates, and they put up funny/abuse!] - it pops up on parts of the course I was finding a bit dull, so its great get the messages

Berlin is a brilliant city to run around and indeed go out afterwards, compared to Ireland its soooooooo cheap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sharkey47

Hi guys , Is the Oscar Wilde the best place to watch the hurling? Due to injury my marathon weekend has turned into a Berlin weekend visit. Good luck to you all running on Sunday, myself and my OH will be there to support.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Lex Luther

jmcc99_98 wrote: »
    Ok, thats ten so far. I have no Boston Jacket but will be carrying an Amphibia Shoulder Bag and looking shifty. Can we all arrange to meet somewhere once off the flight?

maybe if we all just individually head from the plane towards taxi rank but wait just before joining the taxi queue and try to meet up and sort ourselves out...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

I'm flying out on the early flight tomorrow morning so as I can set up my deck chair in the best viewing spot. I probably won't see most of you before the race but want to wish all of you the very best of luck on Sunday and hope you attain your goals whatever they are. I promise to give a good shout out to any Irish looking folk taking part. Have fun.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Best of luck girls and boys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

I'll be in my Donegal Marathon t-shirt.....good luck everyone!

Pretty nervous now myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Best of luck to you all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭paddybarry

Good luck all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Have a good one people, hope there's plenty of happy heads in the Oscar Wilde on Sunday night!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Best of luck everyone. Looking forward to tracking you all on Sunday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

Best of luck everybody.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Could we have a list of who is running please? :P

Marthastew, belcarra + philip? (can't remember his boards name :pac: ) Lex Luther, jcsmum?, figs...the names I recognise from a quick scan of the start list...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Could we have a list of who is running please? :P

Marthastew, belcarra + philip? (can't remember his boards name :pac: ) Lex Luther, jcsmum?, figs...the names I recognise from a quick scan of the start list...
    Marthastew wrote: »

Bib No.| Username | PB | Predicted Time | Actual Time
    6504 |Terry049|3:08:27|2:52:00|
    8361 |yaboya1|3:08:26|2:54:59|
    18580|loughie|3:01:26| 2:59:12|
    |Ferris B|3:12:21|2:59:55| DNS
    19591 |FBOT01|3:13:16|2:59:59|
    8203|Caprica|2:56:08|2:59:59|
    19688|mcwotever|3:10:50|3:06:00|
    13171|withcheeseplease|3:17:29|3:08:00|
    |jahaco|3:11:49| 3:09:00|
    2417|Marthastew|3:12:51|3:09:59|
    21853|Lex Luther|2:59:38|sub 3:10
    27959|PDCAT|3:36:14| 3:29:59|
    19676|Benny Bulben|3:25:08|3:35:00|
    20759|benedictine monk|3:42:xx|3:39:59|
    20820 |Murph_D|3:46:15|3:39:59|
    20443|dwayneshintzy|3:48:09|3:39:59|
    7903|belcarra|3:21:12|<4:00:00|
    F5813 |niamhpamela|4:02:56|3:59:59|
    19579|jmcc99_98|4:04:35|3:59:59|
    F5811 |Amateurrunner|4:18:00|3:59:59|

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Hope everyone has a great run on Sunday and those pb's come tumbling down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Netwerk Errer

Anyone have a link for tracking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭jfh

Anyone have a link for tracking?

There's tracking on the app

Very best luck to everyone .

Hope some of the early arrivals will send weather up-dates from Berlin.

I am changing my goal from sub 3.10 to "just finish".

Tweaked my calf again on Monday...despite days of frantic icing, foam rolling, volteral-ing, stretching and no running, its still not right....last night the physio said "I won't tell you NOT to run it ..but you might not finish...i'd be interested to know how you get on, give me a call after" !)...anyway the ibufrofen, heel raises and special kinesthetic tape give me a chance she reckons so hey ho off we go....cant wait to hear how everyone gets on...
    Lex

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Lex Luther wrote: »
    Very best luck to everyone .

Tweaked my calf again on Monday...despite days of frantic icing, foam rolling, volteral-ing, stretching and no running, its still not right....last night the physio said "I won't tell you NOT to run it ..but you might not finish...i'd be interested to know how you get on, give me a call after" !)...anyway the ibufrofen, heel raises and special kinesthetic tape give me a chance she reckons so hey ho off we go....cant wait to hear how everyone gets on...
    Lex

Lex,
    I ran Dusseldorf back in April when suffering with a hamstring injury.
    I thought it was almost fully better and ran the first half on target for a PB but I knew my capitulation was nearing and sure enough it came around km23 or thereabouts. I ended up walking more of the remainder of the course than running.:eek:

My point: Take it very handy if you do run and enjoy the occasion. If, with more than a couple of km left, you feel you are struggling due to the injury I would pull out if I was you, otherwise you could be out for months.

Other than that, see you in the Oscar Wilde!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Just landed in a damp and overcast Berlin - perfect! Although I think it's due to brighten up come Sunday...

Lex

I'm in a very similar situation, had a slightly more optimistic "talk" from my physio on Tuesday but I'm pretty crocked. Calf and quad in bad shape. Have the foam roller, spikey balls, tennis ball, ibufrofen, hot pink kinesthetic tape, etc packed and on standby to see me through. Haven't run all week since blowing up on my 10 miler on Sunday but I'm hoping the rest will see me right. I'm just going to call it on the morning... The first win will be if I'm able for the breakfast run tomorrow morning.

Bad times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭jfh

Just landed in a damp and overcast Berlin - perfect! Although I think it's due to brighten up come Sunday...

I'm in a very similar situation, had a slightly more optimistic "talk" from my physio on Tuesday but I'm pretty crocked. Calf and quad in bad shape. Have the foam roller, spikey balls, tennis ball, ibufrofen, hot pink kinesthetic tape, etc packed and on standby to see me through. Haven't run all week since blowing up on my 10 miler on Sunday but I'm hoping the rest will see me right. I'm just going to call it on the morning... The first win will be if I'm able for the breakfast run tomorrow morning.

Bad times.

Another crock like myself, did cryotherapy & dry needling this week. One 8 miler last week, nothing this week, going test it at breakfast run.
    Going to build in slowly in race, see how it goes but it's not going to ruin my weekend if I don't finish.

• Advertisement

jfh wrote: »
    Another crock like myself, did cryotherapy & dry needling this week. One 8 miler last week, nothing this week, going test it at breakfast run.
    Going to build in slowly in race, see how it goes but it's not going to ruin my weekend if I don't finish.

crocks of the world unite..we have nothing to lose except ....our ability to run for the next 3-6 months.. :)but seriously thanks to both for sharing , its nice to know there are others in the same boat and I hope it goes as well as possible for you on Sunday Lex

Advertisement